Main MessageBoard / The Scene /

SARA

Your thoughts? I think this is ridiculous. Removing drugs from the scene is a great idea. Thinking that glowsticks go hand in hand is a bit much.

pablo814
Premium Member
This is almost as bad as Deadmau5 saying he hates dj's. Your a fucking TRANCE DJ, spun out fools is your primary audience!

"Honey, I want to do something, we never do anything!" "We are doing something. I'm watching the game and eating a sandwich, and you are making me another sandwich!"
mayday
not to offend but really tiesto is pussy trance very generic in my opinion

michaeL25
I don't do drugs any more, but I feel that they are a part of the seen. kids should get back to the psychedelics, and get away from the harder drugs.

I don't like Glowsticks, or Tiesto either, so what do I know.  

ds1385
its a beautiful sight when you get on the floor and see the whole crowd illuminated with different colors. how can he say that glowsticks "look horrible"??

It's a shame that people throw shit at the DJ booth tho. completely unnecessary. I saw a filled water bottle thrown at Deadmau5 a couple years ago. luckily it was at the end of his set, cause he walked off shortly after..

poptart
Fuck that guy.

"And if I was a ghost and came back when u smoked me id rape u" -Flatbed
Spectrm
Did anyone here take Tiesto seriously in the first place?

michaeL25
The concert style setups are a turn off. I think it putts to much pressure on the Dj to be a performer, and less focus on providing good music. It has also attracted a crowd that can't dance, or get laid. So their pent up aggression gets directed at the defenseless Dj.
Down Low Rich love him, or hate him, knows allot about crowd movement, and the general flow of crowds. Most of the time Down low placed the stage in the middle of the party (when the venue permitted) this setup seemed to work both for the entertainers, and the spectators.

mayday
but seriously that is ridiculous that you can't bring glowsticks

SheriffKevin
according to several sources the reason is that he doesnt want people throwing them at him lol

"I love how exceptionally real you keep it."  - Eric Bliss
Spectrm
Then all he needs is a clear plastic anti-rape shield. Then they could throw all they want

SARA
Post from SpectrmDid anyone here take Tiesto seriously in the first place?
I used to really like Tiesto. In Search of Sunrise 3 is one of my favorite mixes. BUT... that mix is from what.... 2000? 2003? I don't feel that he has evolved at all since then. I mean, I guess good for him that he got to where he is today, but... he doesn't do it for me much anymore.

mayday
i like a few of his tracks but most of his style isnt my cup of tea.I do like trance but not really the style he plays i was really into trance for a few years late 90's early 2000 just not doing it for me anymore most just seems to generic and miost sounds the same i just got sick of listening to it but that usually happens with most styles of music i like it untill i get sick of it then i move on to something else that im not sick of lol

ROBBIE
i would fill up water balloons full of glowstick juice and throw them at him for saying this.

SARA
Post from ROBBIEi would fill up water balloons full of glowstick juice and throw them at him for saying this.
LMAO!

Those would be some cool looking balloons.

DXadaM
I think Tiesto makes some pretty fucking beautiful music and I've always been a fan. Kinda changed the way I viewed him though after I seen that note a while ago.  He played at Electric Forest last year and obviously changed his style a little bit to play more Bassy and trippy stuff so I'm not sure what his problem is.

http://youtu.be/lRmIDUqrvzo

adam504
Premium Member
This is some funny shit . I for one have never used or even thought of needing glow sticks at parties. I'm ok with them I guess but I know how to dance. Sooo if u suck at the shuffle then maybe glow sticks and lighted toys / lasers might help u feel like ya can move. And tiesto sucks anyways.

michaeL25
Post from adam504This is some funny shit . I for one have never used or even thought of needing glow sticks at parties. I'm ok with them I guess but I know how to dance. Sooo if u suck at the shuffle then maybe glow sticks and lighted toys / lasers might help u feel like ya can move. And tiesto sucks anyways.

Main MessageBoard / The Scene /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout