Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /

1 2
SARA
We're working on the programming for the contest now, it should be posted later tonight!

Here are the finalized categories:

Local Love

Best Up and Coming EDM DJ
Best Established EDM DJ
Best Overall EDM DJ
Best Video Artist
Best Live Mix
Best Studio Mix
Best Produced Track
Best Remixed Track
Best Weekly EDM Night
Best Monthly EDM Night
Best EDM Club
Best EDM Venue
Best EDM Event in 2011
Best EDM Production Company
Best Lighting Company
Best Vendor Company
Best Sound Company
Best Event Flyer Design
Best Dancer
Best Known Party Personality
Best Dressed
Suggest Your Own Category! And Winner!

National Love

Best Up and Coming EDM DJ
Best Established EDM DJ
Best Overall EDM DJ
Best Video Artist
Best Live Mix
Best Studio Mix
Best Produced Track
Best Remixed Track
Best Weekly EDM Night
Best Monthly EDM Night
Best EDM Club
Best EDM Venue
Best EDM Event in 2011
Best EDM Massive Event in 2011
Best EDM Production Company
Best Lighting Company
Best Vendor Company
Best Sound Company
Best Event Flyer Design

LOLLI LOVE & LOATHING

Best Thread of 2011
Worst Thread of 2011
Best Posted Mix
Worst Posted Mix
Best Artist (listed on Lolli)
Worst Artist (listed on Lolli)
Best Section of the Site
Worst Section of the Site
Member You Love to Hate
Member You Hate to Love
Most Stalkable Member
Most Ignorable Member

pablo814
Premium Member
That is a pretty thorough list there....

"Honey, I want to do something, we never do anything!" "We are doing something. I'm watching the game and eating a sandwich, and you are making me another sandwich!"
SARA
The IDMA's are going on right now so I went on their list and grabbed a few that we were missing between everyone's suggestions and the ones we already had.

I went to happy hour last night which turned into happy night. So.... the voting page will be up today instead of last night lol.

CUTUPS
i voted, but i'm posting my informal list anyway.  just to give yinz my 2c.

avoiding things i have an affiliation with, except where i think they are especially deserving.

local dj?

paul fleetwood

one of the few djs who i can go see and enjoy his whole set and know few if any of the tracks he plays, and his mixing is completely seamless.

honorable mentions: depth one, cucitroa, ed um, keeb$

local newcomer?

jx4

bottom line - best blend of selection, mixing and scratching in the burgh i've heard.  first set i heard from him was spotless.

headliner set?

gatekeeper @ belvederes,  araabmuzik @ via (tie)

both of these were epic, completely next level. gatekeeper combined amazing audio and atmospheres to transport you into a true sci-fi landscape; araabmuzik utterly destroyed with technical skill, and the sound was nuclear.  

honorable mentions:  appleblim @ the moose, distal @ garden of delights, ga'an @ the shop, VIA night at the rex

event?

VIA at the rex

incredible mix of styles, audio and visual in one night.
setting a high, high standard.  wolf eyes combined with distinctive 3-d was like seeing the doors meet whitehouse in the science center circa 1981.  fourtet with abstract birds was one of the most creative, live sets i've heard in years.  so good.

honorable mentions: gatekeeper, teengirl fantasy, pictureplane @ belvies

monthly/weekly?

garden of delights

this is a tough one because there aren't THAT many monthlies OR weeklies.  but GoD has had some of the best, most unique guests and overall atmosheres this year.  top notch talent and not afraid to push boundaries.  dj rupture, ripley, distal and rudiman is a solid solid array of guests.

honorable mentions:  get weird, pandemic, dub nation* (only went to one...but i have to respect the following they built this year)

promotion crew?

via,  humanaut (tie)

both of these crews have outdone themselves this year.  VIA has branched out beyond their fest with a number of amazing one-offs (Gatekeeper, Omar-S, Dungeon Acid, Onra, etc.) and Humanaut probably has had their highest calibre of events ever, really pushing what it means to be a techno crew w/o playing it safe.  big props to both of them.

honorable mentions:  seafarer

venue?

the rex

the rex has really taken on electronic music in a way that few spots have in pittsburgh - presenting shows, both commercial and edge pushing, with high production value.  

honorable mentions:  stage ae, brillobox, belvies

video artist?

pure hype

these guys blend truely hilarious graphics with a sense of abandon and irony that matches the zeitgeist of our generation to a T.  paperrad mixed with web-surfing pothead culture, realized.

honorable mentions:  everybody else - lots more video art this year!

flyer design?

aaron clark for humanaut & via designs

super clean and stylish.  two things that i admire quite a bit.

honorable mentions:  keebs lazercrunk designs

local producer?

dissheveled

greg is one of those people who i instantly loved his music the first time i heard it.  this project is basically him making music even closer to "my style" - a blend of heavy synths, chunky broken beats, noise and funky, intelligent industrial sounds.   the first release just came out on THAC0, and its blinding.

honorable mentions: mind tiger, majeure, tm eye, relative q, rsk

locally produced tune/release?

tmeye 10"

TM EYE is preslav (of machine ave, pta and sight unseen) plus phil boyd (modey lemon, hidden twin).  it sounds like early ministry, good nine inch nails, mixed with solid detroit electro.  basically: it rules.  awesome record, but catch their live set and be blown away.

local live set?

tm eye at altered states

punk house party with left-field electro, ex-pgh hardcore and lots of beer flowing?  epic night:  what rave means to me.

honorable mentions:  mind tiger @ the thunderbird, rudiman @ every set

studio mix?

kastle's coffeeshop at the end of the universe

inpecable selection, original sampling, and a story line that pulls the heart strings.  best local mix in a while.

honorable mentions:  paul fleetwood 'pyroclast', robbie's 'i do cocaine' series

SHOWS >> 1.20 BASS THERAPY w/ Cutups, Keeb$ + @ Levels Southside | 1.27 MUSTARD PIMP @ Altar Bar | 2.2 LAZERCRUNK w/ Thunder St. Clair & Tracksploitation @ Brillobox | 2.4 ILLUSIONS w/ Mascara & Rivka @ Cattivo
ROBBIE
^ an honorable mention feels just as good a real vote from cutups. thanks :)

1 2

Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout