Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /

1 2 3
LOLLI
Post from FlownominalShhhhhhhh!!!! Shut up before they start blinking in neon highlighter colors!

I can do this for your screen if you like

tst
Flownominal
Part of me wants to call the bluff. Part knows it's not one. And another part is debating on if I care to press my luck, lol

The real solution is throwing smaller more music focused genre specific shows that would and could create a culture of music lovers as opposed to a bunch wanna be rave famous drug addicts.
Gunther
These bright ass side banners are bright and hurt my eyes. They are distracting and annoying (not because of the content)

I'll see you guys after new years.

FUZZ412DNB
My post about Leone's event was also removed. This was my first experience with a promoter censoring their own event thread. If Leone is holding such a controversial event that he can't even have an open forum of discussion on it, then that's his bad. How are people going to ask legit questions about the party? If he is so afraid of openly responding to criticism, that he is willing to block out all responses, that says something about the promoter. Would you want to go to a party where the promoter got so much negative attention that they had to totally censor and shut off all comments about their event? I would not.

The only thing that frightens me about this a little bit is if the lolli.org site started censoring other threads. What if I were to start a thread of my own about promoter etiquette, and the right way to set a date for your event without stepping on toes. Would that thread then be censored if a promoter was mentioned and did not like what they see? That could be a problem.

I know that if somebody had something to say about our events, or had some beef or was pissed off in some way..I would want to address those concerns(and have a few times in the past when ppl complained our sound system was too loud, lol) and try to make things right. I would not run to Rich or Sara(who are very busy with their own lives), to mediate and censor(although what a promoter wants to do with their own thread is their business).

SARA
Post from FUZZ412DNBMy post about Leone's event was also removed. This was my first experience with a promoter censoring their own event thread. If Leone is holding such a controversial event that he can't even have an open forum of discussion on it, then that's his bad. How are people going to ask legit questions about the party? If he is so afraid of openly responding to criticism, that he is willing to block out all responses, that says something about the promoter. Would you want to go to a party where the promoter got so much negative attention that they had to totally censor and shut off all comments about their event? I would not.

The only thing that frightens me about this a little bit is if the lolli.org site started censoring other threads. What if I were to start a thread of my own about promoter etiquette, and the right way to set a date for your event without stepping on toes. Would that thread then be censored if a promoter was mentioned and did not like what they see? That could be a problem.

I know that if somebody had something to say about our events, or had some beef or was pissed off in some way..I would want to address those concerns(and have a few times in the past when ppl complained our sound system was too loud, lol) and try to make things right. I would not run to Rich or Sara(who are very busy with their own lives), to mediate and censor(although what a promoter wants to do with their own thread is their business).
I actually responded to a similar subject as your 2nd paragraph on the 1st page in my tl;dr post.

When I spoke with Aaron about the removal of his post from Leone's thread, he said that in hindsight the best course of action for him was to probably start a new thread talking about the matter at hand, as opposed to in Leone's event thread. I told him that I was all for that. Regardless of what you guys think about something, you need to have some respect for other promoters and their business. Discuss these situations, but don't muck up a person's means of advertising. As a neutral ground, we will not allow that to happen. I said this on Facebook, but it seemed like people were up in arms when we deleted posts pertaining to Time Travel from the Leone thread, but yet no one spoke a word when we removed Leone event things from the Time Travel thread. Somehow, that was seen as okay.

Basically, lolli is still a place where people can have open discussions, but there is a proper place and way to do that.

SARA
To add to that, as far as them being aware of issues, believe me, Leone Entertainment KNOWS how certain people feel. They get it. I mean, there is no "discussion" about their event. It's just a bunch of people saying the same thing a bunch of different ways. And more and more people saying the same exact thing, just worded differently, is not going to do anything right now. They're not going to cancel their event. And to be perfectly honest, the majority of people are going to make their own decisions about what event they're going to based on what they like about either party.  

They did one thing that Pittsburgh didn't like. Two things if you count Frankie Bones, but come on now... we all know that's an inside joke that was started on here. How many times have people booked Venom? I'd rather see Frankie Bones and have him tell me about plur than see Venom one more time. I dunno, I see the issues, we understand everyone's concerns, we're certainly not siding with anyone on this... I just... eh whatever. I don't know what else to say.

*puts flower in gun barrel* *walks away*

satan
Post from SARATo add to that, as far as them being aware of issues, believe me, Leone Entertainment KNOWS how certain people feel. They get it. I mean, there is no "discussion" about their event. It's just a bunch of people saying the same thing a bunch of different ways. And more and more people saying the same exact thing, just worded differently, is not going to do anything right now. They're not going to cancel their event. And to be perfectly honest, the majority of people are going to make their own decisions about what event they're going to based on what they like about either party.  

They did one thing that Pittsburgh didn't like. Two things if you count Frankie Bones, but come on now... we all know that's an inside joke that was started on here. How many times have people booked Venom? I'd rather see Frankie Bones and have him tell me about plur than see Venom one more time. I dunno, I see the issues, we understand everyone's concerns, we're certainly not siding with anyone on this... I just... eh whatever. I don't know what else to say.

*puts flower in gun barrel* *walks away*
How many times have people booked Venom? I'd rather see Frankie Bones and have him tell me about plur than see Venom one more time

to add,  Gobbs the Zombie, Jeebus fucking shit! That dude was way over booked too many times.

1. Raves, the one place ugly emo's girls go to feel hot,
  2. Dubstep: helping douchebags get laid since 03
  3. Only hipster trash listen to electro house!
  4. You don't have to dress like a slut to look sexy
www.FrankieBonesSucks.org
satan
Why was my dildo thread deleted? I thought being playful funny twas going to be alowed? Who pitch a bitch about that?
It wasnt like I had pictures of it being used, or anything.
(((If I did, I would have put that in the sleeze and filth.)))

SARA
Post from satanWhy was my dildo thread deleted? I thought being playful funny twas going to be alowed? Who pitch a bitch about that?
It wasnt like I had pictures of it being used, or anything.
(((If I did, I would have put that in the sleeze and filth.)))
Mike I deleted that thread. It was vulgar and rude and gross. Come on lol. You posted that just to get a rise out of people, no pun intended.

SARA
Post from satan
How many times have people booked Venom? I'd rather see Frankie Bones and have him tell me about plur than see Venom one more time

to add,  Gobbs the Zombie, Jeebus fucking shit! That dude was way over booked too many times.
My point exactly. People are bitching to bitch at this point.

satan
Post from SARAMike I deleted that thread. It was vulgar and rude and gross. Come on lol. You posted that just to get a rise out of people, no pun intended.
all I was suggesting that if your going to purchase rave slut gear why not go all the way?  It was my sales pitch.
I dont see anything vulgar with that, hell, the dildo was being sold on amazon for fuck sake.

SARA
Post from satanall I was suggesting that if your going to purchase rave slut gear why not go all the way?  It was my sales pitch.
I dont see anything vulgar with that, hell, the dildo was being sold on amazon for fuck sake.
I'm sure that Amazon didn't say "little tight rave c*nts" in the description though.

satan
Post from SARAI'm sure that Amazon didn't say "little tight rave c*nts" in the description though.
Like I said that was my sales pitch, you say cunt all the time.
I love that word "CUNT" say it with me Sara...say CUNT you know you want too

SARA
Post from satanLike I said that was my sales pitch, you say cunt all the time.
I love that word "CUNT" say it with me Sara...say CUNT you know you want too
no mike lol

satan
Post from SARAno mike lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3tix8k7IZQ&feature=related

SheriffKevin
stop booking everyone. let's just call this whole thing off.

"I love how exceptionally real you keep it."  - Eric Bliss
adam504
Premium Member
Who had more hate mail  removed though? Talls party getting shut down or the leone thing? Just curious lol. I met Chris leone on sat at humanauts party. Cool guy. From pgh too.  Funny how shitty we all treat each other and wanna hate on. I totally see no problem with two parties on NYE. Both will do fine :)  

SARA
Post from adam504Who had more hate mail  removed though? Talls party getting shut down or the leone thing? Just curious lol. I met Chris leone on sat at humanauts party. Cool guy. From pgh too.  Funny how shitty we all treat each other and wanna hate on. I totally see no problem with two parties on NYE. Both will do fine :)  
The Leone thread had about 6 posts removed and Tall's party didn't have any removed but I did put a warning in it when it started to go towards personal bashing on someone that wasn't even a part of the party.

LOLLI

Please don't create duplicate accounts just to post.  Post under your real name.

tst
satan
nuke it!!!

adam504
Premium Member
Still think people r just being stupid about it. I mean time travel will sell out period. Especially since its back at Irish. I stood in line from 10.50-11.55 two yrs ago waiting to get in. I even called and tried to pay 7up $100 to come get me in. Lol. I have been to many of marks events over the years and they are allways A+. But I don't think any one promoter owns or deserves One night all to theirselves especially NYE . Just my opinion . And just for the record. I had my first event in sept and not one of the promoters that I have supported for the past 20 yrs showed up. So I really hold no one above the whole list of people doing parties in da burgh

SARA
Post from adam504Still think people r just being stupid about it. I mean time travel will sell out period. Especially since its back at Irish. I stood in line from 10.50-11.55 two yrs ago waiting to get in. I even called and tried to pay 7up $100 to come get me in. Lol. I have been to many of marks events over the years and they are allways A+. But I don't think any one promoter owns or deserves One night all to theirselves especially NYE . Just my opinion . And just for the record. I had my first event in sept and not one of the promoters that I have supported for the past 20 yrs showed up. So I really hold no one above the whole list of people doing parties in da burgh
Which was your event?

adam504
Premium Member
I had Djxnightmare at diesel for my boys clothing line. Thick as thieves fight co. Where you two at Dave the drummer?

adam504
Premium Member
I thought maybe you guys stayed in cause all this stupid drama too. I like the new site. It's not perfect but I know your putting a lot of work into it!!! I think alot of peeps just wanna bitch to bitch about something ! Sooo much the pgh way.

SARA
Post from adam504I thought maybe you guys stayed in cause all this stupid drama too. I like the new site. It's not perfect but I know your putting a lot of work into it!!! I think alot of peeps just wanna bitch to bitch about something ! Sooo much the pgh way.
We stayed in because we've both been sick for weeks it seems. I'm still hacking all over the place. We will be out and about a good bit after the new year.

Thanks for your comments. We're definitely not perfect, but we're trying to take as many comments and opinions as we can and make it the site that people not just in Pittsburgh, but across the country, want to use. It's a process. A long... drawn out.... process. LOL.

1 2 3

Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout