Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /

SARA
The rumors are certainly true. For the past 9 months Rich has been coding Lolli.org 2.0, a complete overhaul of the current site. It's been a long time coming!

The planned launch date is Friday, October 14th, 2011.

We're not giving too much away before the launch, but we can tell you that Lolli.org 2.0 includes:

• a complete site redesign
• improved features for artists and promoters
• separation of the event message board and main message board • • improved member profiles
• improved privacy controls
• live Lolli.org feed

AND... It is all hosted on MUCH larger and more reliable servers.

Pixelized preview...

The current site will go down on Sunday, October 9th in preparation for the launch. The new site will launch Friday, October 14th, 2011.

You're Invited... to the Lolli.org 2.0 Launch Party!

We are having the "re-launch party" at Static in Pittsburgh's Strip District on Friday night, October 14th, 2011. The event is 21+ and we invite all Lolli.org members to join us that night to celebrate the new website! Info for the event is on the current Lolli.org here -> http://lolli.org/Threads/34575/The-NEW-Lolliorg-Launch-Party-with-Strobe-7up-Pittsburgh-10142011.aspx and on FaceBook here -> https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=269530219748466

SARA
Everything will carry over. It will be a pretty seamless transition for users. The new profiles will have additional features though, and new ones of course will be added over time, so once the transition is made just go into your profile and make sure everything looks like you want it to.

SARA
Throughout the ebbs and flows of Pittsburgh’s electronic music scene history, there have been few things that have stayed constant. Since 1997, Lolli.org has been the number one website for event listings, discussions, and all things EDM.

Lolli.org is a unique electronic dance music website that heavily focuses on event listings, member profiles, message boards and mix hosting and streaming. Rich Stroud, aka “Lolli”, first created Lolli.org as a test site while he was learning how to program. It started with a few web pages for users to interact with. From there he built the first message board for his friends, many of which were in the EDM scene. It quickly took off from there. In the late nineties there were many websites for electronic events happening in and around Pittsburgh. As time went on, most of those sites shut down or weren’t being updated anymore, most of those users to came to Lolli.org. Over the years membership has snowballed and is currently well over 8000 members. For many years before FaceBook existed, Lolli.org served as the online social web that enhanced real life relationships within the electronic scene. This resulted in the formation of many tightly knit circles of friends, all gathered under the same interest… EDM. (One might ask, “In the FaceBook age, where does a site like Lolli.org stand now?” Well, right where it’s stood for the past 14 years.)

Over the years, many updates have been made, but it wasn’t until early 2011 that a major site overhaul was put into action. Rich is the only programmer coding the site, and has been since the beginning. While he has complete control to implement new ideas and features, major site updates have usually been extremely slow to the site. It wasn’t until the plan to overhaul the site that Rich was able to implement all updates on his to-do list in one fell swoop. Well… one nine-month swoop. Rich isn’t giving too much away before the big launch date, but so far we know that Lolli.org 2.0 includes a complete site redesign, improved features for artists and promoters, separation of the event message board and main message board, improved member profiles, improved privacy controls, and live Lolli.org feed all hosted on much larger and more reliable servers.

The new Lolli.org 2.0 is set to launch Friday, October 14, 2011. In preparation for the launch, the current site will go down on Sunday, October 9th. Please join us at Static in Pittsburgh’s Strip District on Friday night, October 14th, 2011 for the official launch party of Lolli.org 2.0. … and be sure to check out the brand new Lolli.org 2.0!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/lolliorg-experimentation-in-communication/lolliorg-announces-lolliorg-20-major-site-upgrade/10150400438115979

satan
I’m kind of curious about the new privacy controls

1. Raves, the one place ugly emo's girls go to feel hot,
  2. Dubstep: helping douchebags get laid since 03
  3. Only hipster trash listen to electro house!
  4. You don't have to dress like a slut to look sexy
www.FrankieBonesSucks.org
Cherriez88
this is kinda exciting!!! <3

~Mwuah! <3
SARA
Post from satanI’m kind of curious about the new privacy controls
You'll be able to display exactly what you want in your profiles. Any personal information is customizable to who you want viewing it. Also, when you block someone, they will be fully blocked from you. No quotes visible, no profiles, nothing. (This was sometimes an issue with the current site.)

The privacy thing is something we are going to be working on as time goes on. As we get feedback, additional changes will be made.

SARA
Post from Cherriez88this is kinda exciting!!! <3
Yes we think so too! :)

SheriffKevin
my new profile is locked and loaded! the new site looks great and runs fast. i like the new profile set up and some of the other changes that i wont discuss and ruin the surprise :D

"I love how exceptionally real you keep it."  - Eric Bliss
satan
Post from SARAYou'll be able to display exactly what you want in your profiles. Any personal information is customizable to who you want viewing it. Also, when you block someone, they will be fully blocked from you. No quotes visible, no profiles, nothing. (This was sometimes an issue with the current site.)

The privacy thing is something we are going to be working on as time goes on. As we get feedback, additional changes will be made.

1. Raves, the one place ugly emo's girls go to feel hot,
  2. Dubstep: helping douchebags get laid since 03
  3. Only hipster trash listen to electro house!
  4. You don't have to dress like a slut to look sexy
www.FrankieBonesSucks.org

Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout