Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /

louieb
Im looking for some sample packs mainly for percussion looking for kind of tribal and latin sounding drums ect. Anyone have any suggestions?

DocJeezy
goto to jerry's buy latin percussion records sample those bitches. sample packs are fucking gay.

cut it up freshhhhhhhhhhhhhh
louieb
Post from DocJeezygoto to jerry's buy latin percussion records sample those bitches. sample packs are fucking gay.
not a bad idea if you have a way to sample from viynl which atm i don't think i do but ill see if their is a easy way i don't know about.

Gunther
he's right though.... loops are for chumps if you aint going iron chef on them

I do have a wide variety of one shots though

incydeout
Best thing I found to do is just buy your own drums and sample yourself playing them. You can do a lot with just a djembe or even hands on a desk lol... but that can get expensive really quickly, especially with good mics and proper acoustics.

I usually go for loops for natural percussion and use one shots to beef 'em up. The best I've found as far as loops go is Loopmasters, but Future Loops is good as well because they give you loop components. Computer Music usually gives shitty samples with its magazine. but every once in a while you'll find a goodie.

It's a creative process though man, if you hear a sound that sounds like what you want, whether it be your foot tapping in the elevator or your girlfriend screaming while you beat her, sample the fuck out of it and put it in your track.

tommy
DUDE, I have a massive amount of samples. I use a lot of one shot vengeance samples. Heavily modified of course.
These ppl are right though. If you're just starting out producing you will gain so much more by programming your own sounds in synth's.
Although, chopping up samples can yield some amazing results too. Anyway, ya.

Gunther
Post from incydeoutBest thing I found to do is just buy your own drums and sample yourself playing them. You can do a lot with just a djembe or even hands on a desk lol... but that can get expensive really quickly, especially with good mics and proper acoustics.

I usually go for loops for natural percussion and use one shots to beef 'em up. The best I've found as far as loops go is Loopmasters, but Future Loops is good as well because they give you loop components. Computer Music usually gives shitty samples with its magazine. but every once in a while you'll find a goodie.

It's a creative process though man, if you hear a sound that sounds like what you want, whether it be your foot tapping in the elevator or your girlfriend screaming while you beat her, sample the fuck out of it and put it in your track.
proper eqing and isolating frequencies should take away the need to layering drums though.

incydeout
Post from Guntherproper eqing and isolating frequencies should take away the need to layering drums though.
No way meng. You'll never have an Amen snare sound like a 909 by isolating frequencies that just aren't there.

Gunther
Post from incydeoutNo way meng. You'll never have an Amen snare sound like a 909 by isolating frequencies that just aren't there.
lol sooooooo 1992

incydeout
Well school me damnit.

Gunther
funny cause you name came up a couple of times last night in the studio

incydeout
Orly? Yeah, I need to get on putting something out with you and Ben. There's a lot of potential there.

Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout