Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /

1 2
OMEN
I needz it

Check me out at FUNK'D UP and RYOB4!
M2B
buy traktor it's better program and TSD and TSP are both 50% off right now.

puppetslave
I'm looking for an SL-1, just so I can eventually get the Bridge

abZ
Post from M2Bbuy traktor it's better program and TSD and TSP are both 50% off right now.
I have been searching everywhere seems the sale is over and TSD is out of stock EVERYWHERE.  Sucks I need to get something within the next month.  I'd rather have Serato but it's taxed.  Even used it's taxed.  

FUZZ412DNB
Post from abZI have been searching everywhere seems the sale is over and TSD is out of stock EVERYWHERE.  Sucks I need to get something within the next month.  I'd rather have Serato but it's taxed.  Even used it's taxed.  
Unless you can afford the newest Serato setup with the SL-4 box and the bridge... I think Traktor is your best bet with reliability. The software is just more stable.

puppetslave
wait, does the Bridge require the SL-4??

abZ
I can't afford anything right now but I can't use Torq anymore so I have to do something. Serato SL1 would be better than what I have. It was the standard for yeeaars. It shouldn't be any worse now. I like the ui or Serato better than Traktor but like I say Serato simply should not cost that much. TSD is a great deal at 180 but the deal is over the whole of the Internet seems to be out of stock. I have a gig in march either I will be borrowing a box or playing old vinyl.

DocJeezy
yes you can use the bridge with sl1, BUT you can't get the full functionality without having the ttm57. And while the bridge is pretty fresh, unless you rocking the 57 it wont record any of your fader movements crossfader or volume. I'd do a little research before you jumped into the bridge. while it's fresh, it's got alot of drawbacks if you dont have the upgraded hardware.

cut it up freshhhhhhhhhhhhhh
abZ
Post from DocJeezyyes you can use the bridge with sl1, BUT you can't get the full functionality without having the ttm57. And while the bridge is pretty fresh, unless you rocking the 57 it wont record any of your fader movements crossfader or volume. I'd do a little research before you jumped into the bridge. while it's fresh, it's got alot of drawbacks if you dont have the upgraded hardware.
Why would that be necessary?  You can still just record the output of the mixer like old school.  I am an Ableton guy so naturally I am interested in that but I still like to keep djing and production separate then again I have been considering combing them and just do a live show in which case I probably wouldn't use Serato at all.  Anyway I thought SL4 was just a software upgrade?  Seems kinda odd to update the hardware at all.  I guess I should look into it but anyway I don't have the money for it.  Broke ass dj.  

DocJeezy
Post from abZWhy would that be necessary?  You can still just record the output of the mixer like old school.  I am an Ableton guy so naturally I am interested in that but I still like to keep djing and production separate then again I have been considering combing them and just do a live show in which case I probably wouldn't use Serato at all.  Anyway I thought SL4 was just a software upgrade?  Seems kinda odd to update the hardware at all.  I guess I should look into it but anyway I don't have the money for it.  Broke ass dj.  
I use ableton as well man, and i read up on all the material and such when they dropped the bridge. When i said upgrade of the hardware i meant buying the 57, no other internal upgrades. As far as the fader recording, that's geared more towards tablists and such.  And while you could run everything old school and record like that, i'm pretty sure that was one of the big selling points when it comes to that. recording live sets, mixtapes etc. if you have the full version of 8 and serato you can download the bridge for free. other wise i think it's around 179.00$

cut it up freshhhhhhhhhhhhhh
abZ
Post from DocJeezyI use ableton as well man, and i read up on all the material and such when they dropped the bridge. When i said upgrade of the hardware i meant buying the 57, no other internal upgrades. As far as the fader recording, that's geared more towards tablists and such.  And while you could run everything old school and record like that, i'm pretty sure that was one of the big selling points when it comes to that. recording live sets, mixtapes etc. if you have the full version of 8 and serato you can download the bridge for free. other wise i think it's around 179.00$
Right on I understand that but I use two computers in my set up.  My deskop is ready to record at any point.  Live that's a different store but I don't know about lugging a mixer around with me.  I don't like setting up and tearing down any more than I have to.  Also I am married with children I'll never be able to drop over a grand on one piece of equipment lolz.  Recording it within the program is just not worth the extra 800 fuggin bucks or whatever it is is the bottom line.  

puppetslave
I don't even need the bridge anymore really, I figured out how to sync Torq w/Ableton so I can do pretty much the same thing as the bridge for much less.

abZ
Post from puppetslaveI don't even need the bridge anymore really, I figured out how to sync Torq w/Ableton so I can do pretty much the same thing as the bridge for much less.
Yeah except Torq BLOWS.  That's why I am trying to get Serato.  

puppetslave
Post from abZYeah except Torq BLOWS.  That's why I am trying to get Serato.  
Why do you say that?
If you use the better time stretching algorithm it's not terrible... you just have to run it on a higher end system.
What else is wrong with it?

abZ
Post from puppetslaveWhy do you say that?
If you use the better time stretching algorithm it's not terrible... you just have to run it on a higher end system.
What else is wrong with it?
Well I have been using it for 2.5 years aprox.  Seems to get worse with age but every other gig it seems the sound will just all of a sudden quit and you have to pull out the USB and restart the system to get it back.  It happened way too many times.  The last gig NYE it happened 3 times and I ended up packing up and haven't dj'd since.  I refuse to use it anymore.  It's not my computer or the usb cord or anything like that.  I personally know 3 other people that have the same thing happen and they won't take it out of their house either.  There are many threads about it on the Torq website and no one has an answer for it.  Their PR is a nightmare too.  You should see all the problems people are having even purchasing the new upgrade.  If you can get it you will realize they rushed it to make the release date.  It is basically in Beta form.  The mods are going crazy on the Torq forum right now.  None of this should be a shock because it's M-Audio a "prosumer" company not a respected maker of professional gear such as Rane or Native Instruments.  I bitch but it's my own fault for trying the cheap way out.  

puppetslave
Post from abZWell I have been using it for 2.5 years aprox.  Seems to get worse with age but every other gig it seems the sound will just all of a sudden quit and you have to pull out the USB and restart the system to get it back.  It happened way too many times.  The last gig NYE it happened 3 times and I ended up packing up and haven't dj'd since.  I refuse to use it anymore.  It's not my computer or the usb cord or anything like that.  I personally know 3 other people that have the same thing happen and they won't take it out of their house either.  There are many threads about it on the Torq website and no one has an answer for it.  Their PR is a nightmare too.  You should see all the problems people are having even purchasing the new upgrade.  If you can get it you will realize they rushed it to make the release date.  It is basically in Beta form.  The mods are going crazy on the Torq forum right now.  None of this should be a shock because it's M-Audio a "prosumer" company not a respected maker of professional gear such as Rane or Native Instruments.  I bitch but it's my own fault for trying the cheap way out.  
holy shit!
That's crazy. Actually, I have had a problem or two similar, but it was my laptop that was at fault. Nothing that bad has happened to me YET. Also, haven't upgraded yet cuz I heard the same thing elsewhere.
Pretty much totally agree with you though, it is definitely a cheap ass version of the real things... That sucks what happened to ya man.

Moire
Post from abZWell I have been using it for 2.5 years aprox.  Seems to get worse with age but every other gig it seems the sound will just all of a sudden quit and you have to pull out the USB and restart the system to get it back.  It happened way too many times.  The last gig NYE it happened 3 times and I ended up packing up and haven't dj'd since.  I refuse to use it anymore.  It's not my computer or the usb cord or anything like that.  I personally know 3 other people that have the same thing happen and they won't take it out of their house either.  There are many threads about it on the Torq website and no one has an answer for it.  Their PR is a nightmare too.  You should see all the problems people are having even purchasing the new upgrade.  If you can get it you will realize they rushed it to make the release date.  It is basically in Beta form.  The mods are going crazy on the Torq forum right now.  None of this should be a shock because it's M-Audio a "prosumer" company not a respected maker of professional gear such as Rane or Native Instruments.  I bitch but it's my own fault for trying the cheap way out.  
Torq is SHIT. Granted it's an app, but Jesus Christ..

Traktor isn't just a fucking DJ app, it can be used for so much more.

I mean, hell.. I'll bring Izotope on a thumb-drive to someone who has it, just to make them release music on a label.

Shit man, it's just mathematics.

UP AND UP UP UP UP

Moire
Post from MoireTorq is SHIT. Granted it's an app, but Jesus Christ..

Traktor isn't just a fucking DJ app, it can be used for so much more.

I mean, hell.. I'll bring Izotope on a thumb-drive to someone who has it, just to make them release music on a label.

Shit man, it's just mathematics.

UP AND UP UP UP UP
You make both ends shine and you're good nowadays.

WTF is mastering even worth anymore. You saturate the ends and it's a dubstep track with a dumb-ass lizard meme on it.  

I fucking hate the digital age.

Moire
Post from MoireYou make both ends shine and you're good nowadays.

WTF is mastering even worth anymore. You saturate the ends and it's a dubstep track with a dumb-ass lizard meme on it.  

I fucking hate the digital age.
Wrong thread.

abZ
Holy crap Moire.  I have no idea what just happened in this thread lol.

Actually Torq is probably as good if not better than Traktor as an app.  There is a shit ton you can do with it and it had VST support before any other vinyl emulation app did BUT it's not fucking stable.  I swear all the people that use it are bedroom dj's.  You are not going to have the same issues come up in your basement as a live situation.  I can't think of a professional dj that isn't sponsored by m-audio that uses the program.  There is a reason for it.  Honestly I have a feeling the problem that I and others are having is defective hardware.  This is what you get when things are produced on the cheap.  Cheap components, converters, etc.  No one can tell you how to fix it because they only way to fix it is to get another Connectiv and hope that that one doesn't have the same issue.... in other words get Serato.  I have my fingers crossed that there is a little extra tax refund but I have to get my truck inspected.  LIFE IS A CUNT.  

OMEN
haha well....bought serato used and the usb port already broke...got a buddy trying to fix it for me now....lots of gay....shit tons

Check me out at FUNK'D UP and RYOB4!
puppetslave
Post from abZHoly crap Moire.  I have no idea what just happened in this thread lol.

Actually Torq is probably as good if not better than Traktor as an app.  There is a shit ton you can do with it and it had VST support before any other vinyl emulation app did BUT it's not fucking stable.  I swear all the people that use it are bedroom dj's.  You are not going to have the same issues come up in your basement as a live situation.  I can't think of a professional dj that isn't sponsored by m-audio that uses the program.  There is a reason for it.  Honestly I have a feeling the problem that I and others are having is defective hardware.  This is what you get when things are produced on the cheap.  Cheap components, converters, etc.  No one can tell you how to fix it because they only way to fix it is to get another Connectiv and hope that that one doesn't have the same issue.... in other words get Serato.  I have my fingers crossed that there is a little extra tax refund but I have to get my truck inspected.  LIFE IS A CUNT.  
On another note, from my own experience, I always thought it was an issue of needing a damn fast system to run it on using the better time stretching algorithm (which eliminated any popping or warping)
I got those crashes too, but when I run it on a macbook pro it's been flawless thus far.

abZ
Post from puppetslaveOn another note, from my own experience, I always thought it was an issue of needing a damn fast system to run it on using the better time stretching algorithm (which eliminated any popping or warping)
I got those crashes too, but when I run it on a macbook pro it's been flawless thus far.
I don't know what you are talking about with the better algorythm.  I use it on the settings that sound the best.  The minimum requirements to run it is 256 megs ram and a Pentium 4.  Pretty much any computer made in the last 5 years should do.  Obviously with those specs you will have issues but you shouldn't with a lappy with 2 gigs ram Apple or not.  The math is not that hard for a modern computer.  Anyway the issue with it locking up shouldn't have anything to do with RAM.  Even if it did they should tell you you need a Mac or a freakin Supercomputer to run it.  

puppetslave
Post from abZI don't know what you are talking about with the better algorythm.  I use it on the settings that sound the best.  The minimum requirements to run it is 256 megs ram and a Pentium 4.  Pretty much any computer made in the last 5 years should do.  Obviously with those specs you will have issues but you shouldn't with a lappy with 2 gigs ram Apple or not.  The math is not that hard for a modern computer.  Anyway the issue with it locking up shouldn't have anything to do with RAM.  Even if it did they should tell you you need a Mac or a freakin Supercomputer to run it.  
The minimum requirements are for the basic settings, however:
you can switch the time-stretching algorithm from standard to elastique... this bumps your processor needs up exponentially, but it completely eliminates and audio anomalies you might get.
My computer runs 3gb ram with 2 core 2ghz processing and it still skips out/can't keep up with it.
Basically, my opinion is that it has the capabilities to run reliably but you can't do it without a killer system.

puppetslave
Sorry if that was slightly off the point, as far as the locking up or sudden crashes go, it hasn't happened to me...yet. So idk.

1 2

Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout