Main MessageBoard / Media /

JodoKaast
So I just got an invite for what looks like some stress testing, wondering if anyone else got anything similar recently. I'm pretty sure I signed up for beta testing it a long time ago, but only just now got picked for one of the tests.

I'm able to play 2 classes, an Imperial Agent or a Bounty Hunter. My test doesn't begin until Monday, but I've got the client all downloaded and updated and ready. This might be one MMO that I actually have any interest in, since Knights of the Old Republic is one of the only actually decent Star Wars games made (in fact, I'd dare say the story is more inspired and fleshed out than the actual Star Wars movies themselves).

There's still a place to sign up for beta testing if you haven't already, but I'm not sure how big these tests are or will be. http://www.swtor.com/

abZ
I am interested in this but I don't really have the time to put into a game like this.  

FUZZ412DNB
Post from abZI am interested in this but I don't really have the time to put into a game like this.  
I have the same issue...  LIFE > MMORPG I need a cloned me to do the stuff I really enjoy on the side..like play games, and plant an organic garden.

LOLLI

Nice.  I just signed up for beta testing.  Let me know what server you're on (if there are multiple test servers).

tst
LOLLI

I tried installing the beta last night.  When I run the system scan for my hardware I'm getting an error.

tst
MEZZANINE
Post from LOLLI
I tried installing the beta last night.  When I run the system scan for my hardware I'm getting an error.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

JodoKaast
I've been having a real fun time with this. At the risk of breaking some NDA, I'll say that it's not a bad MMO by any means. I'm not sure how long they'll spend tweaking and optimizing everything before release, but it doesn't seem in bad shape at all.

It's a lot like KOTOR (or Mass Effect), where your quests are somewhat dialogue based (mostly just banter in choices, but some give you light or dark side points). I was actually surprised at how dialogue heavy the game is (with voice acting for most everything). Felt more like an actual single player RPG than just tons of mindless online drivel. And grouping doesn't ruin the dialogue, in fact, it can make it more interesting because it randomly chooses who responds to a question so you can hear other player's demeanor and responses. Not that it seems to make much difference in how things play out, but it's cool. There seems like there will be a lot of individual quest lines for the different classes, which is cool for replay value.

Depending on how much time they spend polishing this and making sure it's all working, I can definitely see myself picking this up.

LOLLI

I wish I could get the hardware scanner to work on my machine.  Maybe it saw my machine's stats and got scuured.

tst
funkreformer
for those of you that are getting the java error message, i hit try again about 3 times and it worked. make sure you've upgraded java.

I'm performing the scan now. I'm also beta-testing DC Universe Online, which is incredible. It's an SOE game, so head to www.station.com for more details.

Happy Thanksgivin'!

"Funny how you never notice the potholes until yer in the trunk." - my neighbor

Main MessageBoard / Media /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout