Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /

TelStar
Hi, I need some advice on audio recording.   It seems that some tracks the bass is kinda rough.  Check out the 2step mix to see what I mean.

I am using audacity and a 1/4 inch to 1/8 pluged into the mic line in on my laptop.  I have tryed to reduce the gain, volume.  Tryed mastering software nothing seems to work.  I really dont want to have to by a cd burning deck.    Or my chord might be bad I dont know?

doog
Premium Member
What do you mean by 'the bass is rough'?

You either need a new laptop soundcard or a shielded TRS cable.  Make sure you aren't clipping when you record.

TelStar
I am not using an amp. So I dont think I am clipping. Dont you have to be using an amp to clip?

Shase
Mic inputs sometimes have preamps on them. If you put a line level signal through a preamp it will be overgained.

TelStar
I got the levels on the mic fixed everything sounds good thanks,

JodoKaast
Post from ShaseMic inputs sometimes have preamps on them. If you put a line level signal through a preamp it will be overgained.
Yep, you need to go into your sound recording configuration in your OS and disable the +20dB mic boost.

EVILCYBORG
USB audio interfaces are getting cheaper and cheaper these days. Do yourself a favor and buy one if you plan on recording audio.

djgraph
oh it's this thread again

derp derp im a babby and dont know anything about anything god forbid i google anything ill just ask lolli

i actually miss netic. w/e on all of you
TelStar
We all had to start somewhere.   I got my laptop back from service and they messed with my sound card so I didnt know I had to reset the levels.   If you don't like the thread no one said you have to leave your opinion.

fonz
Post from EVILCYBORGUSB audio interfaces are getting cheaper and cheaper these days. Do yourself a favor and buy one if you plan on recording audio.
Yeah dude buy my fastrack off me its a piece of shit lol...I'm working on getting sumtin better

djgraph
Post from TelStarWe all had to start somewhere.   I got my laptop back from service and they messed with my sound card so I didnt know I had to reset the levels.   If you don't like the thread no one said you have to leave your opinion.
excuse me i don't believe you understand the internet

perhaps you should get off of it

Arkham
http//www.reaper.fm/download.php

audacity works  this is better

but dude above my post is right...if you want to ask questions about audio software google. ask. bing. thats your best bet.

good amount of people can help you out with the web on here.
but google can make that happen in about 3-5 seconds.

Arkham

djgraph
*puts 1/8 inch stereo into rj45*

whyyyyyyyyyy isnt it working bloo bloo qq help meeeeeeeeeeeee

djgraph
computers sure are hard !!!!!!

Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout