Main MessageBoard / Media /

1 2 3 4
DJSerra
Post from shelbieFxCwhoreaww forreal? i was just starting to warm up to her this season actually, i found her obnoxious as all hell all the other seasons. really, the only reason why i was so upset when she died was becuz of how much dexter loved her and for the kids.
Eh, the kids need to go, too.  Harrison needs to stay, for apprentice purposes, but that's it.

pablo814
Premium Member
I like how he waited till the kids got home from Disneyland to tell them their mom was dead. "How was Disney? Your mom is dead. Some guy shived her in the tub..."

"Honey, I want to do something, we never do anything!" "We are doing something. I'm watching the game and eating a sandwich, and you are making me another sandwich!"
duchess
Post from DJSerraAnd you know what? Rita sucked. I'm glad she's dead.
Rita didn't suck a fraction as much as Deb does.  I've been waiting for Deb to die since episode 1.  Annoying character made worse by a shit actress.  Granted, she has gotten better, esp the past season, but she's still the low-point of the show for me.

Wandering Duchess :: www.lmunshower.com for my expat musings & travelogue, photos, fashion & girly art! <3
pablo814
Premium Member
Post from duchessRita didn't suck a fraction as much as Deb does.  I've been waiting for Deb to die since episode 1.  Annoying character made worse by a shit actress.  Granted, she has gotten better, esp the past season, but she's still the low-point of the show for me.
Deb needs a chill pill. Several of them, all at once. She is sooo scatterbrained...

"Honey, I want to do something, we never do anything!" "We are doing something. I'm watching the game and eating a sandwich, and you are making me another sandwich!"
duchess
Post from pablo814Deb needs a chill pill. Several of them, all at once. She is sooo scatterbrained...
"Pardon my tits" was more together than Debs.

Wandering Duchess :: www.lmunshower.com for my expat musings & travelogue, photos, fashion & girly art! <3
EricBliss
Post from DJSerraThat is really lame, I didn't even think of it. I considered my theory a possible spoiler  but since it was a theory, I figured no point in labeling as a spoiler.  I suck.I'm sorry. So much for the rousing discussion I was hoping for.
LOL it's not that big a deal dude.  :-p

Whenever I see Rita get killed when I get caught up I'll just pretend I didnt know kinda like when you know about your surprise party but still act suprised.   Just because you know doesn't make the party suck right?  

Check out some mixes!  Trance and breaks.  http://lolli.org/Artists/Eric-Bliss.aspx  and also www.deejay-mixes.com/Eric_Bliss
DJSerra
Post from EricBlissLOL it's not that big a deal dude.  :-p

Whenever I see Rita get killed when I get caught up I'll just pretend I didnt know kinda like when you know about your surprise party but still act suprised.   Just because you know doesn't make the party suck right?  

Well hurry up and get up to date! Join the conversation already!

EricBliss
Post from DJSerraWell hurry up and get up to date! Join the conversation already!
Netflix doesnt have seasons 3 and 4 to stream, and i dont like renting their dvds because i never send them back haha

Check out some mixes!  Trance and breaks.  http://lolli.org/Artists/Eric-Bliss.aspx  and also www.deejay-mixes.com/Eric_Bliss
DJSerra
Post from EricBlissNetflix doesnt have seasons 3 and 4 to stream, and i dont like renting their dvds because i never send them back haha
Sounds like a job for torrent files.  Either that, or I could burn the episodes for you as data.

JodoKaast
Post from duchessRita didn't suck a fraction as much as Deb does.  I've been waiting for Deb to die since episode 1.  Annoying character made worse by a shit actress.  Granted, she has gotten better, esp the past season, but she's still the low-point of the show for me.
I haven't actually seen that actress in anything else, so I can't really judge her acting abilities, but...

I really like the Deb character. She's fucked up like a normal broken-home child would be, and plays a good foil to Dexter's extremely-fucked-up-beyond-broken-home child persona. I feel like she's supposed to seem as annoying as she is, both because that's kind of how Dexter sees her (and yet that's his closest understanding of real 'family'), and also because as annoying as she might be, Dexter is still a serial murderer -- there's a weird kind of twist that I think they're always playing on us, where we feel more empathy for the sociopathic murderer than we do the earnest yet foolhardy sister-cop (especially when Dexter himself experiences no empathy at all).

duchess
Post from JodoKaastI haven't actually seen that actress in anything else, so I can't really judge her acting abilities, but...

I really like the Deb character. She's fucked up like a normal broken-home child would be, and plays a good foil to Dexter's extremely-fucked-up-beyond-broken-home child persona. I feel like she's supposed to seem as annoying as she is, both because that's kind of how Dexter sees her (and yet that's his closest understanding of real 'family'), and also because as annoying as she might be, Dexter is still a serial murderer -- there's a weird kind of twist that I think they're always playing on us, where we feel more empathy for the sociopathic murderer than we do the earnest yet foolhardy sister-cop (especially when Dexter himself experiences no empathy at all).
I've seen her in a couple other movies (all horror genre, if I remember correctly) and she seems overly-shrill in each, unable to keep her "acting" under control.  Something like that anyway, I can't think of a better word at the moment to describe her acting.  As I said though, I really do think she's come along as an actress over her time on Dexter.

I agree, despite the fact I find her annoying, I don't really have a problem with the Deb character (& she never bothered me in the books at all despite the fact she still had the same characteristics), I think my dislike lies almost entirely with the actress.

pablo814
Premium Member
Post from duchessI've seen her in a couple other movies (all horror genre, if I remember correctly) and she seems overly-shrill in each, unable to keep her "acting" under control.  Something like that anyway, I can't think of a better word at the moment to describe her acting.  As I said though, I really do think she's come along as an actress over her time on Dexter.

I agree, despite the fact I find her annoying, I don't really have a problem with the Deb character (& she never bothered me in the books at all despite the fact she still had the same characteristics), I think my dislike lies almost entirely with the actress.
Does anyone else find it weird that a real life husband and wife play a fictional brother n sister?

duchess
Post from pablo814Does anyone else find it weird that a real life husband and wife play a fictional brother n sister?
It is a lil odd.  I think I'd be more like WTH if they were together before the show started.

holly
Premium Member
Fuck that bitch. She just got in the way. Everytime Dexter was in the middle of something she would call and tell him to pick up baby formula. pfft.

shelbieFxCwhore
Post from duchessIt is a lil odd.  I think I'd be more like WTH if they were together before the show started.
holy shit dex and deb are married irl?
i didnt know that. fun fact for the day.

Just put some lights on it. & if that doesn't work, put some smoke on it.
shelbieFxCwhore
Post from duchess"Pardon my tits" was more together than Debs.
gotta respectfully disagree with this. deb didnt burn down her own apartment to get dexters attention. deb also didnt try to burn down astor and cody to get dexters attention. lila was a complete nut job. she was super hott though.

Just put some lights on it. & if that doesn't work, put some smoke on it.
holly
Premium Member
Post from pablo814Does anyone else find it weird that a real life husband and wife play a fictional brother n sister?
No, not really.

Mac and Sweet Dee are married IRL. She's about to have a baby : D

pablo814
Premium Member
Post from hollyNo, not really.

Mac and Sweet Dee are married IRL. She's about to have a baby : D
Mac N Sweet Dee aren't bro n sis on It's Always Sunny.

holly
Premium Member
Post from pablo814Mac N Sweet Dee aren't bro n sis on It's Always Sunny.
I know.

I was just saying..

pablo814
Premium Member
Post from hollyI know.

I was just saying..
I guess all the mean n hurtful shit that Mac says to Sweet Dee could get a lil weird.

On a side note, what would happen if Charlie from It's Always Sunny and Taco from The League got together?

JodoKaast
Charlie has always been married to The Waitress. Chew on that one.

CubanB
Post from duchessI've seen her in a couple other movies (all horror genre, if I remember correctly) and she seems overly-shrill in each, unable to keep her "acting" under control.  Something like that anyway, I can't think of a better word at the moment to describe her acting.  As I said though, I really do think she's come along as an actress over her time on Dexter.

She is my major gripe on the show.

It's the same thing over and over.  She overacts every scene with her shaky voice.  It's beyond played out and has been since season 1.  Worst actress possible on a great show.  She is being carried big time by the rest of the cast.  I hope she only makes like $50,000 a year, cause she sucks.

Seriously, I wish they'd just kill her off and come up with some other character to fill her spot.  She is not needed at all imo.

CubanB
To ice it all off, she isnt even pretty.

duchess
Post from CubanBShe is my major gripe on the show.

It's the same thing over and over.  She overacts every scene with her shaky voice.  It's beyond played out and has been since season 1.  Worst actress possible on a great show.  She is being carried big time by the rest of the cast.  I hope she only makes like $50,000 a year, cause she sucks.

Seriously, I wish they'd just kill her off and come up with some other character to fill her spot.  She is not needed at all imo.
They should swap her with Doakes.  No explanation, just all of a sudden in an upcoming episode, Doakes is back, Deb is gone.
Doakes was great.

duchess
Post from CubanBTo ice it all off, she isnt even pretty.
I think she's a butterface 100%.

1 2 3 4

Main MessageBoard / Media /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout