Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /

1 2 3 4
CubanB
FYI, I wasn't even trying to talk about hardcore sucking today.  I just really hate that one response.

djgraph
hardcore sucks.

sure does

i actually miss netic. w/e on all of you
Gunther
Post from CubanBpsssst.  If you want to play that game, Hardcore came from techno.  And techno came from other influences.

So you can quit it now.

Pointless argument.  Just cause you play a genre most adult DJs hate.

ORLY?

Let me interduce you to old school hardcore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSOBPM5keOw

Gunther
Post from djgraph
hardcore sucks.

sure does
for you but I still love this track... although most of the people who listen to this stuff are 30+. So much for the "kids" bullshit you try to throw, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_bL0hFyslg&feature=related

Gunther
For real though... Graph and Cuban.

I figured by now since you been listening to electronic music for about maybe 10 years now. You would know that

just because there is a breakbeat doesnt make something drum and bass.

however... it seems some of these young ravers know alot more about music then you do.

Milo & Virus - Supa Soundz by 00milo

^^^^NOT DRUM AND BASS^^^^ but MUTHA FUCKAS DANCE TO IT AT THE BBT

CubanB
I don't get your point here Pete.  Someone says dnb came from hardcore, which I did not disagree too.  Then I say hardcore came from techno.  Which is still a fact as well.  In the end, none of that matters.  It's pointless to say your genre came from mine or mine came from yours.  What is that argument supposed to mean?

Gunther
Post from CubanBI don't get your point here Pete.  Someone says dnb came from hardcore, which I did not disagree too.  Then I say hardcore came from techno.  Which is still a fact as well.  In the end, none of that matters.  It's pointless to say your genre came from mine or mine came from yours.  What is that argument supposed to mean?
I dont have a point and that is the point. I only react to your actions.

Jungle had soul.   No hardcore has ever had that.   Washed up synths and electronic airhorn noises.  Great job with that.

I was looking for these sounds in old school hardcore tracks but coulnt find any.

CubanB
Post from GuntherI dont have a point and that is the point. I only react to your actions.

Jungle had soul.   No hardcore has ever had that.   Washed up synths and electronic airhorn noises.  Great job with that.

I was looking for these sounds in old school hardcore tracks but coulnt find any.

You know first wave hardcore is not what we are talking about too.

Gunther
Post from CubanBYou know first wave hardcore is not what we are talking about too.
First wave "hardcore techno" is where drum and bass spun off from, though.

There are plenty of rave horns in drum and bass and techno tracks as well.

its not 2002 anymore.... hardcore has evolved.

OMEN
that LTJ track is awesome

Check me out at FUNK'D UP and RYOB4!
incydeout
Haha. Thread successfully jacked.

Dj7Levin
Post from abZYeah it sounds even better with the gains all the way down. Just saying'.
lol agreed!

Check out our New 81 Massive website: http://www.81massive.com
Nature
Premium Member
Leave it to a bunch of argument loving rave penis wielding ego maniacs to turn a good discussion into a pissing contest.

-CN
abZ
You gotta take it on the chin bro plenty of people hating on my music on here you don't see my crying.  

KANDYPLUR
Post from GuntherFor real though... Graph and Cuban.

I figured by now since you been listening to electronic music for about maybe 10 years now. You would know that

just because there is a breakbeat doesnt make something drum and bass.

however... it seems some of these young ravers know alot more about music then you do.

Milo & Virus - Supa Soundz by 00milo

^^^^NOT DRUM AND BASS^^^^ but MUTHA FUCKAS DANCE TO IT AT THE BBT
I saw this on soundcloud and your post.

What makes this hardcore? The ravey synths?

I thought hardcore was defined by it's 4/4 bass drum. I don't hear one in this. I need educated on this one. Don't post youtube videos though as a demonstration. I just want to know why this is classified what it is.

I feel like this is a hardcore producer too hardcore to call his music dnb because the kids won't like it. But, i'm probably wrong on that assumption.

KANDYPLUR
oh, and redlining is bad. thats a given, red is universal for warning.

incydeout
Post from KANDYPLURoh, and redlining is bad. thats a given, red is universal for warning.
And prostitutes.

Ooo, I see what you did there.

Gunther
Post from KANDYPLURI saw this on soundcloud and your post.

I thought hardcore was defined by it's 4/4 bass drum. I don't hear one in this. I need educated on this one. Don't post youtube videos though as a demonstration. I just want to know why this is classified what it is.

I feel like this is a hardcore producer too hardcore to call his music dnb because the kids won't like it. But, i'm probably wrong on that assumption.
This is written in 4/4.

I know you are not serious... or are you?

Just because it has a breakbeat doesnt make it drum and bass. Luna-C doesnt write drum and bass... or does he?

Why would I call this breakbeat hardcore? Well because it keep the old school integrity of old school breakbeat hardcore. Fast breaks, vocals, stabs, synths...ect with a cheerful upbeat sounding melody. There is no deep drone hits or swells, negative 3 octaves synth stabs, rolly basslines or detuned pads.

According to Cuban... sure. Because all hardcore has is horns, whistles and chipmunk vocals, right?

Gunther
Post from NatureLeave it to a bunch of argument loving rave penis wielding ego maniacs to turn a good discussion into a pissing contest.

interesting comment from someone that averages a "hardcore sucks" on 10% of their posts.

incydeout
Post from GuntherThis is written in 4/4.

I know you are not serious... or are you?

Just because it has a breakbeat doesnt make it drum and bass. Luna-C doesnt write drum and bass... or does he?

Why would I call this breakbeat hardcore? Well because it keep the old school integrity of old school breakbeat hardcore. Fast breaks, vocals, stabs, synths...ect with a cheerful upbeat sounding melody. There is no deep drone hits or swells, negative 3 octaves synth stabs, rolly basslines or detuned pads.

According to Cuban... sure. Because all hardcore has is horns, whistles and chipmunk vocals, right?

I think by 4/4 he meant a kick drum every quarter note. That's what I was under the impression hardcore was too...

KANDYPLUR
I thought hardcore was defined by it's 4/4 bass drum.

meant what brandon just said.

not 4/4 structure. I know better than that. :P

i mean an artist can say whatever he wants it to be but without that kick drum i feel like its missing the part that makes it hardcore, the pump. Thus making it sound like ravey dnb to me. It's like saying a dubstep track is hardstyle with less drums. haha.

abZ
This is why genres are problematic and should be disregarded if you are a skilled selector. You really shouldn't need a record store or critics approval to play a song. To me the truest hardcore tunes out right now are being branded as uk funky. I am not joking. I can post up links later if you want.

MEZZANINE
Post from abZThis is why genres are problematic and should be disregarded if you are a skilled selector. You really shouldn't need a record store or critics approval to play a song. To me the truest hardcore tunes out right now are being branded as uk funky. I am not joking. I can post up links later if you want.
This is why genres are problematic and should be disregarded if you are a skilled selector. You really shouldn't need a record store or critics approval to play a song.

OMEN
Post from abZThis is why genres are problematic and should be disregarded if you are a skilled selector. You really shouldn't need a record store or critics approval to play a song. To me the truest hardcore tunes out right now are being branded as uk funky. I am not joking. I can post up links later if you want.
x2

Check me out at FUNK'D UP and RYOB4!
CubanB
Pete knows exactly which hardcore we are talking about.

1 2 3 4

Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout