Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /

CUTUPS
A bit of a warning for you Serato DJs or potential Serato djs...

There is a strange compatibility issue between Serato Scratch Live
and Quad Core processors of the I-series (I3, I5, I7).   Audio drops
out in a completely random way.   It only comes back after you unplug and replug in the USB.

I was wrestling with this for a few gigs.  I thought I was doing something wrong, knocking out my own USB cable, or running too many other processes.   But after alot of research, I eventually found that this is something Serato now agrees is a known bug, and something they haven't resolved yet.

I'm watching a trouble ticket on the issue...hopefully they'll get a bugfix for this one soon.  

SHOWS >> 1.20 BASS THERAPY w/ Cutups, Keeb$ + @ Levels Southside | 1.27 MUSTARD PIMP @ Altar Bar | 2.2 LAZERCRUNK w/ Thunder St. Clair & Tracksploitation @ Brillobox | 2.4 ILLUSIONS w/ Mascara & Rivka @ Cattivo
JodoKaast
Have you tried restricting it to one processor in something like process explorer or task manager? I believe most motherboards let you turn off multi-core functionality in the BIOS settings, which also might be worth trying.

CUTUPS
Post from JodoKaastHave you tried restricting it to one processor in something like process explorer or task manager? I believe most motherboards let you turn off multi-core functionality in the BIOS settings, which also might be worth trying.
I actually didn't try that, although it crossed my mind.   I've tried pretty much every other fix that's been thrown out there.

SHOWS >> 1.20 BASS THERAPY w/ Cutups, Keeb$ + @ Levels Southside | 1.27 MUSTARD PIMP @ Altar Bar | 2.2 LAZERCRUNK w/ Thunder St. Clair & Tracksploitation @ Brillobox | 2.4 ILLUSIONS w/ Mascara & Rivka @ Cattivo
abZ
I have had the same thing happen with Torq before on single and dual core computers.  Haven't had the problem since I started using a different USB cable tho.  That is not to say it won't happen again but it is damn near impossible to trouble shoot because you could go months with out it ever happening then bam.

CUTUPS
It's pretty random.  Anywhere from within 5 minutes to a few hours.
But it almost always happens within 30 mins to an hour.

Sucks because my old laptop which was 4 years hold, had 1GB of ram, a much slower processor and ran xp ran serato totally fine, with maybe a 2-3 issues in 4 years got stolen.  The new laptop i got to replace it has a dropout pretty much every time i use it.

abZ
Post from CUTUPSIt's pretty random.  Anywhere from within 5 minutes to a few hours.

Sucks because my old laptop which was 4 years hold, had 1GB of ram, a much slower processor and ran xp ran serato totally fine, with maybe a 2-3 issues in 4 years got stolen.  The new laptop i got to replace it has a dropout pretty much every time i use it.
Ah that blows mine did that like once every couple months and only happened when I was playing for a crowd lol.  It's days like that you long for the days of vinyl.  I bought a single core with 2 gigs ram for 350 to dj with.  The best lappy I have ever owned and I am not really worried about shit happening to it when I go out ya know.  

Gunther
Post from CUTUPSIt's pretty random.  Anywhere from within 5 minutes to a few hours.

I've been hearing some people buying them cheap ass netbooks to run serato on. I've been thinking of doing that. I havent used serato playing out in about a year now. My laptop is too unstable and I dont trust it.

Do you know if there are problems with the AMD Phenom II or is the problem only with the intel quad core processors?

doog
Premium Member
I read this as 'installed on my gf's anus'.

CUTUPS
Post from GuntherI've been hearing some people buying them cheap ass netbooks to run serato on. I've been thinking of doing that. I havent used serato playing out in about a year now. My laptop is too unstable and I dont trust it.

Do you know if there are problems with the AMD Phenom II or is the problem only with the intel quad core processors?
I was considering the same thing, but I decided i couldn't deal with a screen that small.  Even though i mostly use my laptop for djing, i do use it for other stuff *some*.  

I don't know on the AMD question.  I'd check the serato help forums before buying anything though.

abZ
Using Serato on a netbook sounds like a bad idea to me.  Tellin you I bought my laptop for 350 bucks and it has a 16" widescreen.  They stil have them at best buy I think.  Highly recommended.  

Gunther
Post from abZUsing Serato on a netbook sounds like a bad idea to me.  Tellin you I bought my laptop for 350 bucks and it has a 16" widescreen.  They stil have them at best buy I think.  Highly recommended.  

Is that a CQ50?

I bought the same one if it is.

abZ
Post from GuntherIs that a CQ50?

I bought the same one if it is.
CQ60 I think yours is the dual-core.  Mine is a single core.  I opted for the single core because for one it was cheaper and two Torq isn't multi-core compatible yet.  It is as stable of a computer as I have used.  It never overheats and the battery lasts ages.  Kinda wish it had blue tooth tho now that I will have an iPhone.  Guess I can just pick up an adapter.  

Gunther
Post from abZCQ60 I think yours is the dual-core.  Mine is a single core.  I opted for the single core because for one it was cheaper and two Torq isn't multi-core compatible yet.  It is as stable of a computer as I have used.  It never overheats and the battery lasts ages.  Kinda wish it had blue tooth tho now that I will have an iPhone.  Guess I can just pick up an adapter.  

yeah mine is a duel core. I have a shit ton of problems with it. It overheats, battery is dead (has to be plugged in at all times), and its shit to run vst's.

I only paid $350 for mine too. It was worth it for the most part. I just dont trust it to run serato in a live setting anymore though.

Gunther
I was reading up on using serato on net books. Even though it has the minimum specs to operate its not compatible with the screen resolution.

jskratch
Wudup fellas. I don't know if things have changed in ver2 but Serato used to not play well with AMD's.(Some chipsets worse than others) Before I got the Macbook I had all kinds of drop outs when I used my AMD laptop... sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes after 2 hours... According to Zak @ Rane that was a known issue but one they were working on. He recomended not using an AMD laptop.

Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout