Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /

1 2
MEZZANINE
Nothing could better indicate the worth of this mixer other than the quality of the music being played in the demonstration video

djgraph
Post from MEZZANINENothing could better indicate the worth of this mixer other than the quality of the music being played in the demonstration video

masterstroke

i actually miss netic. w/e on all of you
Gunther
Post from DJDantron
I hate playing on that thing!

DJDantron
Post from GuntherI hate playing on that thing!
Why's that?

11/7 7:45:50 PM  brittanyntommy :  them girls  are too young to have aids  plus lesbian sex  is mostly safe
Gunther
Post from DJDantronWhy's that?
I dont like the post faders.

I dont like the cross fader.

I thought I was adjusting the gain the the dark and it was the aux knob.

Im not a fan of the 4 band EQ.

I'll put it this way. If I had one to use for a few days to play around with it I probably wouldn't mind using one. When you come across one at a gig when you haven't used one too often its a but disorienting. I swear every time I grab a knob on one it falls off or flies across the room.

DJDantron
Post from GuntherI dont like the post faders.

I dont like the cross fader.

I thought I was adjusting the gain the the dark and it was the aux knob.

Im not a fan of the 4 band EQ.

I'll put it this way. If I had one to use for a few days to play around with it I probably wouldn't mind using one. When you come across one at a gig when you haven't used one too often its a but disorienting. I swear every time I grab a knob on one it falls off or flies across the room.
Ah, yeah, if you never use one I can definitely see using it in the dark for the first time, at a party, can be a pain in the ass.

11/7 7:45:50 PM  brittanyntommy :  them girls  are too young to have aids  plus lesbian sex  is mostly safe
KANDYPLUR
Post from djgraphtotally overkill and full of dumb, useless shit
umad?

i could see this being useless to people that play music with drums and beeps, but using that frequency fader with electronic music that has depth could prove to be very interesting.

Just because you like the simple back and forth of dj'ing doesn't mean that the flashy stuff is useless. Find someone that can use a trick mixer like a kaoss pad and you'll look like a noob. Any DJ can use a 3 knob two channel mixer and be mediocre. If someone can master this mixer to its full potential, its an instrument at that point. Way more skill in making this sound good than there is making two drums match up.

Just sayin...

KANDYPLUR
Post from incydeoutDo you guys see that 'remix' button?

Automatic remixes on a whim.
that just turns on the fake kaoss pad.

CubanB
Post from KANDYPLURumad?

i could see this being useless to people that play music with drums and beeps, but using that frequency fader with electronic music that has depth could prove to be very interesting.

Just because you like the simple back and forth of dj'ing doesn't mean that the flashy stuff is useless. Find someone that can use a trick mixer like a kaoss pad and you'll look like a noob. Any DJ can use a 3 knob two channel mixer and be mediocre. If someone can master this mixer to its full potential, its an instrument at that point. Way more skill in making this sound good than there is making two drums match up.

Just sayin...
I like using effects and shit anymore and have been vastly improving my skills using them on the 800.  That said, I'd be all for having one of these to play around with.

BUT

"music that has depth" has no need for this shit.

I'm interested in what you consider to be music with depth.

KANDYPLUR
Post from CubanBI like using effects and shit anymore and have been vastly improving my skills using them on the 800.  That said, I'd be all for having one of these to play around with.

BUT

music that spans frequencies that aren't just highs and lows....

like something that has a sound that can be switched in just the 2k or just the 100k as you can see in the demo, those tracks have alot of sound going on.

maybe i should have used the word dynamic music, or laymens of more shit going on in it. It gives you more precision than 3 knobs.

I can think of a ton of things to use this for, especially with how much midrange sound is coming out of stuff recently.

J
Post from CubanBI like using effects and shit anymore and have been vastly improving my skills using them on the 800.  That said, I'd be all for having one of these to play around with.

BUT

some djs play "music that has depth", others take tracks that might not... blend the fuck out of them, layer some effects and make them sound pretty amazing.

Not everyone plays the same way.  

Dover, those eq's do look pretty amazing.  I kinda liked the A&H for the double mids because it can kinda help but this mixer definitely can do everything I'd ever want and then some.

My Eqs usually ride anywhere between 8 - 12 o'clock.  This mixer is def for me.

If I had the $$ for it, I'd have this mixer tomorrow.

This is coming from a guy who wishes he could double layer / stagger every breakdown and stay "in the mix" for 80% of a set.  With a mixer like this, you definitely could.

djgraph
Post from KANDYPLURumad?

Just sayin...
ionno.  ive messed around with kaoss pads and trigger pads and the efx1000 and shit.  meh.  imo it takes too long to get an effect to sound 'good' when that time can be taken instead by thinking which track would go awesome with what's playing then layer the piss out of it.  the stuff i play maybe has a 20 second window per track for fx that would sound decent and not completely contrived

the freq fader is cute, though

i actually miss netic. w/e on all of you
1 2

Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout