Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /

LOLLI
Hey guys.  You might have noticed that I created a Facebook and Twitter page for lolli.org updates.  If you want to receive updates about lolli.org when you're not logged in, please add follow us on either site.

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lolliorg-Experimentation-in-Communication/107785740978

Twitter Page: http://twitter.com/lolliorg

Now for the fun stuff.  I just finished programming the API's to access and update both Facebook and Twitter from lolli.  

Now, when you upload a mix onto lolli:
  • A messageboard thread will be created on lolli for everyone to discuss and comment on your mix.

• A post will be sent to the lolli.org Facebook fan page promoting your new mix.

• A new tweet will be posted to the lolli.org Twitter page promoting your new mix.  I even wrote the code to bit.ly your artist profile url.

Go to the Facebook page and the Twitter page to checkout working examples.  I just uploaded that "Miracles" track from ICP so you can see how the auto posts look.

Future Ideas
Now that I can post announcements to Facebook and Twitter, a have a few other ideas we can use it for:

Premium Events - If you upgrade your event to premium, I will FB and Tweet your event.  I might allow the user to select a status update type such as "Updated the info line", "Just added directions", "Just added DJ <whoever>".

New Artists - When a new artist signs up I could FB and Tweet your name and genre's you spin.  I could also provide a link to your artist profile.

tst
andjello
hellz yeah lolli's goin hard!

and ........ jello
fuzz
this rocks!!!!

CUTUPS
Lolli on Facebook: the thing that finally kills lolli

Seriously though, this is nice.

SHOWS >> 1.20 BASS THERAPY w/ Cutups, Keeb$ + @ Levels Southside | 1.27 MUSTARD PIMP @ Altar Bar | 2.2 LAZERCRUNK w/ Thunder St. Clair & Tracksploitation @ Brillobox | 2.4 ILLUSIONS w/ Mascara & Rivka @ Cattivo
abZ
I don't really get what is going on with that facebook page.  I can like it but I can't fan it.  Can't see all the people that like it either.  Kinda confused.  Am I subbed or not?

abZ
So what do you think about adding "buttons" to our posts.  Like aim, twit, facebook, myspace, etc?

LOLLI
Post from abZI don't really get what is going on with that facebook page.  I can like it but I can't fan it.  Can't see all the people that like it either.  Kinda confused.  Am I subbed or not?

Facebook changed the way you can follow fan pages now.  If there isn't a "become a fan" link, click the "I like this" link.  It means the same now.  Click it and see if my fan page becomes listed with your existing fan pages.

tst
LOLLI
Post from abZSo what do you think about adding "buttons" to our posts.  Like aim, twit, facebook, myspace, etc?

I don't know about posts, but I am updating certain pages with linking icons.

If you check out http://www.lolli.org/Artists/abZ.aspx, you'll see I added a "ShareThis" object.  That allows a visitor to easily send out an alert about the current webpage they're on.

I also updated the events pages to list the new ShareThis object.  Example: http://www.lolli.org/Events/8743/DJ-RUPTURE-EARTHLY-DELIGHTS-fo-realz.aspx

I'm probably going to add a ShareThis control next to each mix that's on lolli.

tst
doog
Premium Member
Congrats lolli.  You continue to impress with the usefulness and quickness of your updates.  The Share Music section is going to propel your site to the next level no doubt.

LOLLI

Thanks, I'm hoping

tst
funkreformer
lolli! this is great! as was already said you continue to impress. thanks a million for this.

"Funny how you never notice the potholes until yer in the trunk." - my neighbor
rukkus
You should add a function to spend points on triggering twitter and FB promotions for mixes that are already posted. And maybe a way to earn more points for popularly downloaded mixes.

I suggest this points method to help put the kibosh on self promotion whores from clogging up the feeds all day every day.

LOLLI
Post from rukkusYou should add a function to spend points on triggering twitter and FB promotions for mixes that are already posted. And maybe a way to earn more points for popularly downloaded mixes.

I suggest this points method to help put the kibosh on self promotion whores from clogging up the feeds all day every day.
Good suggestions.  Maybe even spend point to make your share music thread "sticky" for a while.  By doing it this way, you can promote your mix and it still leaves room for other share music threads.

I need to redo the artists page.  I'd like to create a "new artists" box to list the top 5 newest artists.  Also, I need to figure out a better way to list all the artists on that page.  I was thinking of maybe removing the artist images but I don't want the page to just look like a bunch of artist urls.

tst

Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout