Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /

1 2
DVS
anyone else having sound issues using serato with vista?? i'm hearing a slight crackling sound during the quite parts of my music. can't figure it out, i've tried gettin in touch with their technical dept and all the adjustments they suggested didn't work. i originally thought is was my box and bought a new one, that wasn't the problem either.

Yep, I play house.. I play doctor too.
OMEN
Just dont have any quite places in your music?

Check me out at FUNK'D UP and RYOB4!
DHPfelony
wes never been much of a man for quiet --- has he

Everybody is a DJ ---> Which in turn makes every girl a whore !!!
Gunther
I dont have any issues.

Have you checked grounds and needles. Have you tried running it in internal mode or on CDJ's?

rukkus
Make sure it's not the audio in the MP3 crackling, if it's not then it's more than likely a cable that is bad. Occam's razor and all that.

DVS
Post from GuntherI dont have any issues.

Have you checked grounds and needles. Have you tried running it in internal mode or on CDJ's?
Make sure it's not the audio in the MP3 crackling, if it's not then it's more than likely a cable that is bad. Occam's razor and all that.

nah, i've checked everything, like i said, my old box was giving me the same issues. it happens on every set up too. havent tried cdj's though, shouldn't have too. and my tracks are fine, all 320 and perfectly clear on my other programs, winamp ect.

gettin frustrating, i know people had to hear at rebirth.  

Gunther
Post from DVS

nah, i've checked everything, like i said, my old box was giving me the same issues. it happens on every set up too. havent tried cdj's though, shouldn't have too. and my tracks are fine, all 320 and perfectly clear on my other programs, winamp ect.

gettin frustrating, i know people had to hear at rebirth.  
bring it over and lets trouble shoot it.

barrettwillbrb
Maybe a USB issue? Although I've never heard of crackles.. just drop outs. Have you tried a different USB cable? Try a diff USB port as well. Disconnect all other USB devices (i.e. external hard drive).

Try going into Serato settings and uncheck "Auto Build Overviews" and "Hi-Fi Resampler". Also try raising your USB audio buffer size. The lower the better as this gives you better response from the vinyl control, but if it's a slower CPU a super low buffer setting can cause weird glitches.

Does it happen if a track is playing on internal mode? If it doesn't, that would eliminate issues with USB/CPU and point the finger more towards the box, RCA cables, needles, or control records.

Hope this helps!

Gunther
is you box running out of a usb 2.0 slot.

have you noticed a little red usb light flashing at all?

JodoKaast
The only thing I can possibly think of based on what you said is power interference.

Try testing your set up with the laptop plugged in, and unplugged. My roommate's old laptop had an issue where some kind of power feedback or interference was being picked up in the audio signal, but only when it was plugged in.

MEZZANINE
Is someone else in the room eating out of a bag of chips ?

J
Post from MEZZANINEIs someone else in the room eating out of a bag of chips ?

ROBBIE
i think wes has the new version of serato.  i just DLed the new one on my girls vista laptop and it didnt work.   so i DLed the old version and it worked fine.   I think the new version was made for windows 7 and has problems with vista, but I dont know thats just what I got form my troubles. Dont you have the new box wes?

Gunther
Post from ROBBIEi think wes has the new version of serato.  i just DLed the new one on my girls vista laptop and it didnt work.   so i DLed the old version and it worked fine.   I think the new version was made for windows 7 and has problems with vista, but I dont know thats just what I got form my troubles. Dont you have the new box wes?
I downloaded 2.0 and it works fine. You have to have the box plugged in to for it to work.

fuzz
wes there are alot of known issues with Vista and Serato & Traktor both. It is part of the reason that Darw_n dual boots his laptop into a bare bones xp when he plays out.

Barrett and others have given great advice if that doesn't solve it is due to Vista hogging resources crackling comes from latency issues and at some point you cannot solve them due to vista's footprint.

I would do research on what you can shut off to run vista with less on it during playing out

Gunther
Post from fuzzwes there are alot of known issues with Vista and Serato & Traktor both. It is part of the reason that Darw_n dual boots his laptop into a bare bones xp when he plays out.

Barrett and others have given great advice if that doesn't solve it is due to Vista hogging resources crackling comes from latency issues and at some point you cannot solve them due to vista's footprint.

I would do research on what you can shut off to run vista with less on it during playing out
Vista and Serato have no issues here.

The only time I had a latency problem is when I had too many crates.

I have heard that single core machines that run xp never have issues though.

barrettwillbrb
Yeah honestly Serato doesn't really use up that much processing power.

Pete, good point on CRATES. I still really need to clean mine up, I have so many crates and it takes my Serato a minute to stop spin-wheeling after loading.

rukkus
My guess would be an electrical connection issue somewhere along the line. I would think a latency issue would manifest as cutting out and skipping, a crackle over tunes is more likely to be from a bad wire or interference between the computer and the inputs on the mixer. (Unlikely to be between the control vinyl and the box because a crackle there would manifest as skipping or bad tracking on the tune not actual sound as it is only a signal)

I would try your box/wires on someone else's set up and lap top and try your lap top on someone else's Serato box to start. Like Pete said, bring it over we can trouble shoot barney.

DVS
thanks for all the advise, still having issues, bout to dl that 2.0 see if it works.  b, i've tried everything u've mentioned, kudos on mentioning playing a track w/o the box.... sounds perfect in the headphones so its gotta be a usb issue?? not sure. the box is only a week old and like i said, it has the same issue as a box i've had almost 4 years.

fuzz
Post from rukkusMy guess would be an electrical connection issue somewhere along the line. I would think a latency issue would manifest as cutting out and skipping, a crackle over tunes is more likely to be from a bad wire or interference between the computer and the inputs on the mixer. (Unlikely to be between the control vinyl and the box because a crackle there would manifest as skipping or bad tracking on the tune not actual sound as it is only a signal)

I would try your box/wires on someone else's set up and lap top and try your lap top on someone else's Serato box to start. Like Pete said, bring it over we can trouble shoot barney.
Joey it could be that but latency also causes crackle especially in windows machines due to the ASIO drivers.

This is windows biggest weakness is the shitty ASIO drivers compared to Core Audio on macs.....someday someone will figure out a more universal thing

Gunther
Post from fuzzJoey it could be that but latency also causes crackle especially in windows machines due to the ASIO drivers.

This is windows biggest weakness is the shitty ASIO drivers compared to Core Audio on macs.....someday someone will figure out a more universal thing
serato does not use asio.

fuzz
Post from Guntherserato does not use asio.
hrmmmm

barrettwillbrb
Post from DVSthanks for all the advise, still having issues, bout to dl that 2.0 see if it works.  b, i've tried everything u've mentioned, kudos on mentioning playing a track w/o the box.... sounds perfect in the headphones so its gotta be a usb issue?? not sure. the box is only a week old and like i said, it has the same issue as a box i've had almost 4 years.
wes, does it happen when box is connected and in internal mode?

DVS
Post from fuzzwes there are alot of known issues with Vista and Serato & Traktor both. It is part of the reason that Darw_n dual boots his laptop into a bare bones xp when he plays out.

serato does not use asio.

i know!!!  go back to traktor.  ...wait, whats asio?? heh

DVS
Post from barrettwillbrbwes, does it happen when box is connected and in internal mode?
yes, jus checked, the crackling is still there.

1 2

Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout