Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /

1 2
LOLLI
What do you think?  I think it would be neat to see people.

tst
SARA
What about *private* webcam chats?

LOLLI
HAHA, totally.

From what I'm reading I need to have a Adobe Flash Media Server.  ugh.  I'll have to see what this involves.

- edit -

Contacted a Flash Server host.  They offer complete chat room packages.  This is both good and bad.  Good in that it's fully featured.  Bad because it's not going to have my custom commands built in.  Let me look into it further.

tst
poptart
Eww.....I don't wanna look at all those freaks!

"And if I was a ghost and came back when u smoked me id rape u" -Flatbed
LOLLI

You would have the option of viewing or not viewing someone.

tst
LadySycadelick
OH dear gawd!

Im game! Lol

^_^

Http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=OawfHC_1Zjs Come and see Blake Jarrell live @ Shooters in Cleveland Saturday Feb 26th!!!!! U
djgraph
this is a terrible idea imo

i actually miss netic. w/e on all of you
NCBST2002
im scared

pablo814
Premium Member
Sounds fun till our buddies at Perverted Justice show up. Maybe Smokie can get rid of them...

"Honey, I want to do something, we never do anything!" "We are doing something. I'm watching the game and eating a sandwich, and you are making me another sandwich!"
Nature
Premium Member
110% all about it.

Lets get freaky!! Chatz orgy woot woot

-CN
MiaaGlow
ditto.

"Cameras ready, prepare to flash..."
PDub
anal sex convos will now be anal sex demos

we're always makin shit easier around here, I love it

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe."
SARA
Post from PDubanal sex convos will now be anal sex demos

flatbed on webcam.

PDub
Post from SARAflatbed on webcam.

oh please no

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe."
NCBST2002
now y'all scurred

Dj7Levin
i think the webcams are a great idea, it'll add another dimension to the site

Check out our New 81 Massive website: http://www.81massive.com
duchess
I imagine seeing everyone chatting with cam ala 'The Brady Bunch' opening sequence.  That would be kinda funny!

Wandering Duchess :: www.lmunshower.com for my expat musings & travelogue, photos, fashion & girly art! <3
TheSmilingBandit
It might just make Chatroulette look tame.

Ha-Ha-Ha
tika

Queen of the Lolli.org Paparazzi // mixes, pics, fun stuff -> kooterkore.com
pablo814
Premium Member
Post from PDubanal sex convos will now be anal sex demos

Maybe I can give a fisting tutorial...

"Honey, I want to do something, we never do anything!" "We are doing something. I'm watching the game and eating a sandwich, and you are making me another sandwich!"
Flownominal
Post from poptartEww.....I don't wanna look at all those freaks!
Yeah... I dont want to look at me either.... lmao.

The real solution is throwing smaller more music focused genre specific shows that would and could create a culture of music lovers as opposed to a bunch wanna be rave famous drug addicts.
incydeout
Look what most users did with their avatar pics... I think we'll see this craziness multiply if you add the webcam feature.

That's not at all a bad thing.

LOLLI
I don't think this is happening now.  To capture webcams on websites, you need to use a Flash object created in Flash CS4.  That's the easy part.  

Next, to stream video to other people, you need to use an Adobe Flash Media Server (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Flash_Media_Server).  Basically I have to buy services from a company that runs one of these servers.  This is do-able also.

Now the deal breaker.  Every company I've researched so far that hosts a Flash Media Server requires that you use their tools and templates.  Basically, instead of my chat coming up, it would launch their pre-packaged chat program that allows webcams.  I really don't want to junk lolli chat.

Here is what chat would look like: http://influxis.com/applications/camchat/.

I'll keep researching companies.

tst
holly
Premium Member
Post from duchessI imagine seeing everyone chatting with cam ala 'The Brady Bunch' opening sequence.  That would be kinda funny!
lmao!

" The Lolli Bunch "

JodoKaast
Believe me, you do not want to build your own Flash Media Server, nor do you want to make your own flash application for streaming a/v. There has never been a pleasant Flash coding experience.

Edit: although if you wanted to look into it, Red5 seems to the best free way to do it: http://osflash.org/red5. At least it uses Java for the backend instead of goddamn ActionScript.

1 2

Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout