Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /

1 2
LOLLI

Mobile Lolli.org

Hey guys,

I've been working on a mobile lolli site.  If you could all check it out on your mobile phones, I'd like to get your opinions.  I have the events page completely working.  You can search for events by date and then click them to view their details.  I have also completed the front page of the message board too.

http://www.lolli.org/Modules/Mobile

I'm working with iWebKit 4 templates so most of the website is tailored to function for touch screen mobile phones.  If your screen rotates when you rotate your phone, these mobile pages should resize properly.

I know this site works great for IPhones.  I need people without IPhones to let me know how these pages function.  Please post your phone and browser type along with any if screenshots you can.

This is only a test site.  If these templates work for most of you, I'll continue to code with these templates.  If not, I'll have to try something else.

tst
mitch
Cool start there.  I'm on iphone so I can't give you the feedback you need.  Other than that, it is going to be good to have lollers on-the-go.

Triptych
Works well on Droid running android 2.0.1
Can you make it black background with white text like the regular site?

LOLLI
Post from TriptychWorks well on Droid running android 2.0.1
Can you make it black background with white text like the regular site?

Yeah, I'll end up adding my own style soon.  

So you were able to rotate the screen and it resized properly?

Is my font size too big?  too small?

tst
doog
Premium Member
It works fine on my Droid.  The screen resizes properly.  Do you know how to automatically direct mobile users to it?

Also I haven't been able to get to the events calender for a few days now.  When I go to My Events -> Events calender it shows a screen that looks like a blank profile and I get 'An error has occurred loading member information'

LOLLI
Post from doogIt works fine on my Droid.  The screen resizes properly.  Do you know how to automatically direct mobile users to it?

Also I haven't been able to get to the events calender for a few days now.  When I go to My Events -> Events calender it shows a screen that looks like a blank profile and I get 'An error has occurred loading member information'

I have to read the visitor's user agent string to determine if they're using a mobile phone or not.  After I finish building the mobile area, I'll add an auto redirect.

I fixed the button.  That was just a broken button.  Clicking My Events > Events Calendar button is the same as clicking the Events button to the left.

tst
EricBliss
The full site works just fine on my phone, but I decided to give it a go anyways.  Would like to see it look a bit closer to the main site but a more condensed version.  It's too plain looking and there should at least be a link to check their inbox.  Also get a haircut, you're looking way shaggy.   :-p

Check out some mixes!  Trance and breaks.  http://lolli.org/Artists/Eric-Bliss.aspx  and also www.deejay-mixes.com/Eric_Bliss
LOLLI
Post from EricBlissThe full site works just fine on my phone, but I decided to give it a go anyways.  Would like to see it look a bit closer to the main site but a more condensed version.  It's too plain looking and there should at least be a link to check their inbox.  Also get a haircut, you're looking way shaggy.   :-p

Thanks.  I will change the site to all black soon.  Sara did shave my head today actually.

tst
EricBliss
Post from LOLLI
Thanks.  I will change the site to all black soon.  Sara did shave my head today actually.
Yeah the yellow text on black is awesome.  Reminds me of Stryper.  

Check out some mixes!  Trance and breaks.  http://lolli.org/Artists/Eric-Bliss.aspx  and also www.deejay-mixes.com/Eric_Bliss
LOLLI
Post from EricBlissYeah the yellow text on black is awesome.  Reminds me of Stryper.  

I tried to change the yellow links once.  Nothing else looking good.

tst
FreakLove
seems to be working fine with my blackberry storm
a link to check your inbox would be pretty sweet too!

Lolli is a hooker
ZED
using a bb curve:

nothing happens when you click the search button in the events page

also, nothing happens when you click on a thread in the message borad

LOLLI
Post from ZEDusing a bb curve:

blackberries can't handle Javascripting?  What internet browser does it use?

tst
junglejake
doesnt seem to be working very well on my env2.

LOLLI
Post from junglejakedoesnt seem to be working very well on my env2.

what is your browser?

does your phone support javascripting?

is your phone a touch screen?

tst
PDub
I have a bb curve 8900, looks like it now works.  I can internet more. Yayyy

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe."
PDub
Post from ZEDusing a bb curve:

you might hafta click options and allow javascripting?

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe."
ZED
Post from LOLLI
blackberries can't handle Javascripting?  What internet browser does it use?
using opera mini as my browser:

the search and event info works fine, but when i click on a thread it just reloads the entire message board:

using the standard internet browers(with supporting javascript):

still having the same issues

LOLLI
Post from ZEDusing opera mini as my browser:

the search and event info works fine, but when i click on a thread it just reloads the entire message board:

using the standard internet browers(with supporting javascript):

still having the same issues

As I said in my original post, only the messageboard front page is supposed to work.  The main messageboard page lists and that's it.  This is only for testing purposes.

tst
junglejake
Post from LOLLI
what is your browser?

does your phone support javascripting?

is your phone a touch screen?
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1558

Triptych
yeah auto rotate works fine on my droid.

possible suggestions...
allow gps sharing while logged in, and have a google map page with a Lolli user layer.  people could even upload geotagged photos to an event page while they are at the party.

stuff like that will probably have to wait until the firefox browser for smartphones is released.  word on the street- Developers can make add-ons to the browser that work on any OS platform, eliminating the need to re-code for different OS versions and platforms.
I'm sure you're realizing this Lolli but mobile web users will soon outnumber PC web users.

LOLLI
Post from Triptychyeah auto rotate works fine on my droid.

possible suggestions...
allow gps sharing while logged in, and have a google map page with a Lolli user layer.  people could even upload geotagged photos to an event page while they are at the party.

stuff like that will probably have to wait until the firefox browser for smartphones is released.  word on the street- Developers can make add-ons to the browser that work on any OS platform, eliminating the need to re-code for different OS versions and platforms.
I'm sure you're realizing this Lolli but mobile web users will soon outnumber PC web users.

GPS and goodies will have to wait until the phone web browser playing field is leveled some.  Every phone and it's web browser are unique.  What works on one phone doesn't work for another phone.

To allow a person to upload an image to lolli from a droid, I'd have to write a droid app.  To allow a person to upload an image to lolli from an iphone, I'd have to write an iphone app.  You get the idea.  That's way too much time and effort to go at alone.  If someone that writes droid apps or iphone apps would like to write this for me, I'll create you an upload space and security permissions to do so.

If I can port most of lolli to a mobile site, I'll be happy.

tst
Triptych
Post from LOLLI
GPS and goodies will have to wait until the phone web browser playing field is leveled some.  Every phone and it's web browser are unique.  What works on one phone doesn't work for another phone.

To allow a person to upload an image to lolli from a droid, I'd have to write a droid app.  To allow a person to upload an image to lolli from an iphone, I'd have to write an iphone app.  You get the idea.  That's way too much time and effort to go at alone.  If someone that writes droid apps or iphone apps would like to write this for me, I'll create you an upload space and security permissions to do so.

If I can port most of lolli to a mobile site, I'll be happy.
i think you missed the point of what i was saying....

a NEW browser that will be workable on ALL smartphones from Mozilla will be released this year.

all a developer would have to do is write coding to work with the browser not the device.

WHat this means...

rather than writing 5 different versions of an application, only one version is needed.  this is more of a mini-app, its actually an add-on to the mobile browser that will work much like you have add-ons for firefox.

sorry if i wasnt clear at first...

edit...
this is coming to the nokia first, then it'll be available cross platform soon.
site....
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/mobile/

snippet...
Benefits for Developers

* Put your innovations in the hands of people all over the world to access anytime, anywhere
    * Build rich mobile applications using the latest Web technology like HTML5, CSS and JavaScript.
    * Tap into the device capabilities of the phone, such as geolocation, camera and calling
    * Develop game changing add-ons on the first mobile Web browser to offer add-ons

LOLLI
Post from Triptychi think you missed the point of what i was saying....

a NEW browser that will be workable on ALL smartphones from Mozilla will be released this year.

all a developer would have to do is write coding to work with the browser not the device.

WHat this means...

rather than writing 5 different versions of an application, only one version is needed.  this is more of a mini-app, its actually an add-on to the mobile browser that will work much like you have add-ons for firefox.

sorry if i wasnt clear at first...

edit...
this is coming to the nokia first, then it'll be available cross platform soon.
site....
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/mobile/

snippet...
Benefits for Developers

* Put your innovations in the hands of people all over the world to access anytime, anywhere
    * Build rich mobile applications using the latest Web technology like HTML5, CSS and JavaScript.
    * Tap into the device capabilities of the phone, such as geolocation, camera and calling
    * Develop game changing add-ons on the first mobile Web browser to offer add-ons

Ahh, I haven't read about this.  This would be very nice.

tst
FreakLove
yeah actually once i tried to click on the links it just refreshes the page
using black berry storm

Lolli is a hooker
1 2

Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout