Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /

4 5 6 7 8
LOLLI
Post from JodoKaastAh, just thought, I'd really like for the ability for quotes to work slightly differently...

As it is now, you click quote, and you're given a view of someone's post, but you can't change it. That might sound dumb, but plenty of times I see someone quote an entire post, then have to go back and add one of their own [quote] tags, because they wanted to respond to a specific section of a post.

Instead, having the person's [quote] already in the reply box would be able to fix this. But, it would also be pretty easy to make it look like someone said something they didn't. But boo hoo, cry me a river for being too lazy to look up at the original post before jerking your knee. ;)

Also, I don't know if I've always just been missing out on some joke, but the chat popup's <head> tag has always said "Microsoft Word - Report 432.doc" for as long as I can remember...

If you want to only quote parts of a person's post, copy part of the post and past it in a new message.  Then surround it with [quote] quoted message [/quote] tags.

When a message is quoted in another message, the two records become linked.  The text is never copied from the original quoted message into the new message.  That way, if the original poster updates their post or deletes their post, any place where their message is quoted is automatically updated.

As for the "Microsoft Word - Report 432.doc".  If you click the red "Emergency" button, a word document comes up.

tst
JodoKaast
Post from LOLLI
If you want to only quote parts of a person's post, copy part of the post and past it in a new message.  Then surround it with [quote] quoted message [/quote] tags.

When a message is quoted in another message, the two records become linked.  The text is never copied from the original quoted message into the new message.  That way, if the original poster updates their post or deletes their post, any place where their message is quoted is automatically updated.

As for the "Microsoft Word - Report 432.doc".  If you click the red "Emergency" button, a word document comes up.
Right on. I get ya on all those things.

So then, the only thing I'd want instead is being able to put the person's name in the quote. Something like [quote = jodokaast] or whatever, and then it could throw my name in the quoted part, like it does when you actually click quote on someone's reply.

If you don't quote the message and just put a [quote] by itself, it can be hard to know who someone is quoting.

Nice work for 2010 all in all so far!

LOLLI
Post from JodoKaastRight on. I get ya on all those things.

So then, the only thing I'd want instead is being able to put the person's name in the quote. Something like [quote = jodokaast] or whatever, and then it could throw my name in the quoted part, like it does when you actually click quote on someone's reply.

If you don't quote the message and just put a [quote] by itself, it can be hard to know who someone is quoting.

Nice work for 2010 all in all so far!

I understand what you're trying to do.  I used to allow the quoting feature to do just that - Insert a person's name into the border and add some or all of the quoted text.  But, then people started posting modified quoted messages from others.  Basically putting words into others mouths. That's why the quote feature is locked down this way.

tst
JodoKaast
Post from LOLLI
I understand what you're trying to do.  I used to allow the quoting feature to do just that - Insert a person's name into the border and add some or all of the quoted text.  But, then people started posting modified quoted messages from others.  Basically putting words into others mouths. That's why the quote feature is locked down this way.
Yeah, I figured :(

But, as with all the [you] tags, I was hoping it wouldn't be too destructive. But if you've already been through it before, nvm.

CubanB
Rich, you owe me and pete a free event upgrade imo.

lol.

Gunther
Post from CubanBHaha.   Okie.

I'll try to light some fires in there when I'm not at work.

LOLLI
Post from CubanBRich, you owe me and pete a free event upgrade imo.

lol.

Lol for what?  A forum full is crap threads?

Real "engaging" conversation.

tst
Gunther
Post from LOLLI

agreed.

please rename it to trash or shit forum.

I thought MISC worked just fine.

LOLLI
Post from Guntheragreed.

please rename it to trash or shit forum.

I thought MISC worked just fine.

I know.  Misc IS just fine.  A new forum doesn't make new engaging threads, members do.

So The Trash forum is below Misc but above Purgatory right?

tst
MiaaGlow
put it with anon

"Cameras ready, prepare to flash..."
Gunther
Post from LOLLI
I know.  Misc IS just fine.  A new forum doesn't make new engaging threads, members do.

So The Trash forum is below Misc but above Purgatory right?
I like what Miaa said. Kill it with anon. Lock it up and throw away the key but leave it for all to see.

tika
move it to misc

if our penises get 'cut off' im gonna be real sad. i worked hard on that

Queen of the Lolli.org Paparazzi // mixes, pics, fun stuff -> kooterkore.com
MiaaGlow
keep them in your photos

CubanB
Post from LOLLI

When did you last have 60+ online people?  Anon.  Everyone was upset because it was masked and now its not.  Big deal.

Its NOT anon.  But it does bring up shit that is obviously not cleared up.

Ignoring things does not make them go away.  If it did, those of you who don't want the section could just ignore the section and it'd be gone.

SARA
Post from CubanBWhen did you last have 60+ online people?  Anon.  Everyone was upset because it was masked and now its not.  Big deal.

Its NOT anon.  But it does bring up shit that is obviously not cleared up.

Ignoring things does not make them go away.  If it did, those of you who don't want the section could just ignore the section and it'd be gone.
There are so many people online right now because everyone is home from work/school and/or snowed in. There were 23 people in chats last Friday night... because of snow. That's the reason there are so many people online right now, not because of a specific forum.

pablo814
Premium Member
Post from SARAThere are so many people online right now because everyone is home from work/school and/or snowed in. There were 23 people in chats last Friday night... because of snow. That's the reason there are so many people online right now, not because of a specific forum.
x2. There is always a spike in activity when there is poopy weather/nothing going on IRL...

"Honey, I want to do something, we never do anything!" "We are doing something. I'm watching the game and eating a sandwich, and you are making me another sandwich!"
MiaaGlow
not to mention the lolli chat - live sets have peaked some interest too.  im gonna have to say it is not the "scene" forum that is bringing people on.  sorry cuban.  IMHO it needs to go -- half the shit up there is just bullshit or already been beaten to death.  certain things will never be "fixed" or agreed upon just because opinions will always differ.  once newbies read half that shit weve probably scared them away

satan
Moreforums/ threads........................... for me to poop on

1. Raves, the one place ugly emo's girls go to feel hot,
  2. Dubstep: helping douchebags get laid since 03
  3. Only hipster trash listen to electro house!
  4. You don't have to dress like a slut to look sexy
www.FrankieBonesSucks.org
poptart
someone might have already suggested this, but I don't feel like reading through: When you are logged into the chat room, but leave the computer for an extended period of time and don't interact with the chatz, would it be possible for it to automatically make you AFK after a certain amount of time has passed?

I know you have the option to manually type it in, but it would be cool if it did it on its own too :)

"And if I was a ghost and came back when u smoked me id rape u" -Flatbed
LOLLI
Post from poptartsomeone might have already suggested this, but I don't feel like reading through: When you are logged into the chat room, but leave the computer for an extended period of time and don't interact with the chatz, would it be possible for it to automatically make you AFK after a certain amount of time has passed?

I know you have the option to manually type it in, but it would be cool if it did it on its own too :)

K, added to the list.

tst
allbe
For the mixes section, could you add in a voting function like in the other threads?  It'd be nice to have some sort of idea of how many people liked/hated a mix before downloading it.  I know I can read through replies, but that's time consuming and not always a fair representation.  Thanks!

The wild women, the rippin' and the tearin'
http://soundcloud.com/djallbe/allbe-rippin-and-tearin-2011
CubanB
Post from allbeFor the mixes section, could you add in a voting function like in the other threads?  It'd be nice to have some sort of idea of how many people liked/hated a mix before downloading it.  I know I can read through replies, but that's time consuming and not always a fair representation.  Thanks!
Then you will see people complaining that their mix is voted down due to people who don't like them personally.  

All that shit is meaningless anyhow.  Everyone has different taste.  Music that I dont care for is someone else's favorite stuff.   So, I don't trust anyone's ratings.  

Personally, I think that listen feature is all I ever needed.   Now I can listen to the first ten minutes and after that I usually know if I want to download a mix.   Going by some e-tard's rating of a mix would never work for me.

That being said, maybe a way to link your favorite 3 mixes to your profile would be cool.  Like the friends section.  Then if you trust someone's taste you can look at their profile and see what local mixes they enjoy.

LOLLI
Post from allbeFor the mixes section, could you add in a voting function like in the other threads?  It'd be nice to have some sort of idea of how many people liked/hated a mix before downloading it.  I know I can read through replies, but that's time consuming and not always a fair representation.  Thanks!

If I would put in a voting system, I'd use star ratings.  Not up and down ratings.  But yeah, I could add this.

tst
Flownominal
While we're on the mixes page, is there a way to search specific genres?

The real solution is throwing smaller more music focused genre specific shows that would and could create a culture of music lovers as opposed to a bunch wanna be rave famous drug addicts.
LOLLI
Post from FlownominalWhile we're on the mixes page, is there a way to search specific genres?

Not yet, Tika and I are working on adding standard genre's so that they become easily searchable.

tst
4 5 6 7 8

Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout