Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /

3 4 5 6 7
LOLLI
Post from Shakin2daBeat420that's probably why lolli no longer respondes to my requests lol...

he must just read them and shake his head.. then you hear a slight.. dumbass come out his mouth
The functionality was already there.  I'm surprised you didn't know how to quick lookup someone.

tst
Shakin2daBeat420
Premium Member
Post from LOLLIThe functionality was already there.  I'm surprised you didn't know how to quick lookup someone.
hey i cant help it you have so many secret things..

i am not the brightest crayon in the box.. i fell for that damn you tag.. i dont know how many times in the beginning- that i changed my password.. lol and still fell for it.. someone had to send me a message explaining it to me..

story of my life.. just a couple steps behind.. lol

"Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money." Robin Williams
Shakin2daBeat420
Premium Member
you make lolli so easy too- so you think i would get it. ..

the easiest things are just so hard for me to understand.. and they are basically right in my face!

"Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money." Robin Williams
djgraph
Post from JodoKaastI think Something Awful's hacked version of vBulletin is the best.

If you click the thread name, it always takes you to the first post.
If you click a thread page number, it takes you to the first post of that page.
If there are new posts in a thread you've viewed, it shows to the right how many posts there have been, and clicking on that number takes you to the first unread reply in the thread. Clicking on the X removes that thread from your "viewed" threads, and makes all posts in the thread unread.
If there aren't any new posts in a viewed thread, it just shows the X.

Also, in the actual thread, posts that have been read are colored one way, and new replies are a different color.

The only thing it doesn't really do is keep track of whether or not you've posted in a thread. Which could be useful.
LF is the best subforum ever.  i'm glad it's gotten 'good' again because for a while it was shit

i actually miss netic. w/e on all of you
Flownominal
Post from LOLLIThe functionality was already there.  I'm surprised you didn't know how to quick lookup someone.
I didnt either. I alway have chats in a new window, so if I wanted to see a profile I'd just refresh the page that isnt holding chat to brink up who all is in the room.

Edit, I liked the x's too. and the tracker to show me how many posted are new.

The real solution is throwing smaller more music focused genre specific shows that would and could create a culture of music lovers as opposed to a bunch wanna be rave famous drug addicts.
doog
Premium Member
I like this with the number being higlighted.

Flownominal
Post from doogI like this with the number being higlighted.
Yeah, the number showing which page I'm on is pretty useful

The real solution is throwing smaller more music focused genre specific shows that would and could create a culture of music lovers as opposed to a bunch wanna be rave famous drug addicts.
JodoKaast
Yeah, the current way seems to be the least cluttered and agreeable with the current site layout.

I'd still like to see a number showing how many new replies there have been, but it might not be too terribly important if you can see the page you left off on combined with how many pages there are now.

JodoKaast
Post from djgraphLF is the best subforum ever.  i'm glad it's gotten 'good' again because for a while it was shit
Yeah, I was worried it was going to go FYAD and more or less implode, but it seems to have worked itself out.

CubanB
Can we get a rave politics section?

Flownominal
Post from CubanBCan we get a rave politics section?
Actually.... I got nothing.

Yeah, this might be cool I guess.

LOLLI

I honestly don't see a rave politics section getting anymore than 10 threads ever.  Post your threads in Misc for now, if it blows out, I'll make a section.

tst
CubanB
Post from LOLLI
I honestly don't see a rave politics section getting anymore than 10 threads ever.  Post your threads in Misc for now, if it blows out, I'll make a section.
Dude, there are all kinds of topics

PLUR
VENUES
MUSIC AT PARTIES
etc.

They dont really fit into misc.  

It would be nice to have a section that makes people want to talk about such things.  misc. doesn't do that.

You could call it "the scene" instead of "rave politivs"

SARA
Post from CubanBDude, there are all kinds of topics

PLUR
VENUES
MUSIC AT PARTIES
etc.

They dont really fit into misc.  

It would be nice to have a section that makes people want to talk about such things.  misc. doesn't do that.

You could call it "the scene" instead of "rave politivs"
yeah but usually those topics stem from threads unrelated to "the scene". i don't really know of that many threads that people started specifically to talk about rave politics. it usually just ends up coming up in various threads.

CubanB
Post from SARAyeah but usually those topics stem from threads unrelated to "the scene". i don't really know of that many threads that people started specifically to talk about rave politics. it usually just ends up coming up in various threads.
Exactly.

There are plenty of topics that could be discussed and this is the place where most people of different types come.

I think a section made for it would spark conversations that may help pgh's edm scene grow in a better manner.

I don't want to be the person to bring up every topic in misc.  just to have it disappear amongst a bunch of garbage.

Misc. is a big carpet to push everything under.

Anon was pretty interesting to see what people were thinking and it brought up a lot of topics on this scene and the people in it.  Id like to see people talk more about such subjects openly and in a more respectful manner with their name shown.  I think it would be good.

LOLLI
Misc is just that - miscellaneous.  Post anything you want.  Everything gets swept to the second page if the thread doesn't remain entertaining.  Having that thread in it's own forum doesn't really matter.

People posted real topics in Anon because it was Anon.  No one really wants to give real opinions or have real engaging conversation on here.  Otherwise you'd see engaging threads posted by everyone already.

tst
CubanB
Well, I am saying i'd like to.

But I DONT want to do it in misc.

Promoting techniques in the modern world
Types of people who would go to electronic events
Getting paid
Ect.

There are so many topics that would be nice to have put together in one section.

shit like this:
http://lolli.org/Threads/28872/flyers-discussion-survey.aspx

I mean, we have all these new kids coming in and a few starting to throw parties.  (some of them disasters because they dont know what they are doing)  If they want to find info on here or opinions and ways to do things proper in this scene or how things work, where do they look?   search through misc?

Having a section for it all will make it great for new people to understand what is really going on and how to do things proper.   They can ask questions there and then others down the road can look and its all there.

An area for Event Throwing topics and all things related with it.  I think we've needed this for a long time actually.  

LOLLI
Post from CubanBWell, I am saying i'd like to.

But I DONT want to do it in misc.

Promoting techniques in the modern world
Types of people who would go to electronic events
Getting paid
Ect.

There are so many topics that would be nice to have put together in one section.

shit like this:
http://lolli.org/Threads/28872/flyers-discussion-survey.aspx

I mean, we have all these new kids coming in and a few starting to throw parties.  (some of them disasters because they dont know what they are doing)  If they want to find info on here or opinions and ways to do things proper in this scene or how things work, where do they look?   search through misc?

Having a section for it all will make it great for new people to understand what is really going on and how to do things proper.   They can ask questions there and then others down the road can look and its all there.

An area for Event Throwing topics and all things related with it.  I think we've needed this for a long time actually.  

Fine.  I created it.  You are responsible for keeping the forum relevant.  If it becomes stale, I'm nuking it.

http://www.lolli.org/Forums/47/The-Scene.aspx

tst
CubanB
Post from LOLLI
Fine.  I created it.  You are responsible for keeping the forum relevant.  If it becomes stale, I'm nuking it.

http://www.lolli.org/Forums/47/The-Scene.aspx
Haha.   Okie.

I'll try to light some fires in there when I'm not at work.

CubanB
Started with some easy ones.   If it dies off I'll throw a hardcore sucks thread in there.

Maybe it's dubstep and electro house sucks now though.

Anyhow.

I have some cool topics for when I get a chance to write them up.

Thanks Rich!

MEZZANINE
Moving to Pittsburgh is a better way to kill this boredom of yours

SARA
Post from CubanBStarted with some easy ones.   If it dies off I'll throw a hardcore sucks thread in there.

Maybe it's dubstep and electro house sucks now though.

Anyhow.

I have some cool topics for when I get a chance to write them up.

Thanks Rich!
I'm having design block doing a stupid prom flyer, so I responded to some of your posts and started the classic "club night vs rave" thread. So... who knows.

JodoKaast
Ah, just thought, I'd really like for the ability for quotes to work slightly differently...

As it is now, you click quote, and you're given a view of someone's post, but you can't change it. That might sound dumb, but plenty of times I see someone quote an entire post, then have to go back and add one of their own [quote] tags, because they wanted to respond to a specific section of a post.

Instead, having the person's [quote] already in the reply box would be able to fix this. But, it would also be pretty easy to make it look like someone said something they didn't. But boo hoo, cry me a river for being too lazy to look up at the original post before jerking your knee. ;)

Also, I don't know if I've always just been missing out on some joke, but the chat popup's <head> tag has always said "Microsoft Word - Report 432.doc" for as long as I can remember...

spinfinity
Post from JodoKaastAh, just thought, I'd really like for the ability for quotes to work slightly differently...

As it is now, you click quote, and you're given a view of someone's post, but you can't change it. That might sound dumb, but plenty of times I see someone quote an entire post, then have to go back and add one of their own [quote] tags, because they wanted to respond to a specific section of a post.

Instead, having the person's [quote] already in the reply box would be able to fix this. But, it would also be pretty easy to make it look like someone said something they didn't. But boo hoo, cry me a river for being too lazy to look up at the original post before jerking your knee. ;)

Also, I don't know if I've always just been missing out on some joke, but the chat popup's <head> tag has always said "Microsoft Word - Report 432.doc" for as long as I can remember...
ha, if i could just quote the last part, that might be useful...

it's to protect people slacking off at work.  altho the fact that it also flashes "new message" might somewhat limit that ability.  

CubanB
Post from MEZZANINEMoving to Pittsburgh is a better way to kill this boredom of yours
There is always genius behind my insanity.

3 4 5 6 7

Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout