Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /

2 3 4 5 6
s10blazed
I like the X number of thread title previews under each forum heading. I vote that you keep that or maybe make it a user defined option. Maybe even have the ability to define the number of last posts that are displayed.

I am also behind some sort of ability to jump directly to the newest, unread post in each thread. I am spoiled by vBulletin's ability to do that.  It is so nice.

I've mentioned it before and don't quite remember your response - but I request e-mail notifications for topics that someone replies to when you have posted a message.  Sometimes I forget to check a thread after I post in it and I miss responses.

LOLLI
Post from s10blazedI like the X number of thread title previews under each forum heading. I vote that you keep that or maybe make it a user defined option. Maybe even have the ability to define the number of last posts that are displayed.

I am also behind some sort of ability to jump directly to the newest, unread post in each thread. I am spoiled by vBulletin's ability to do that.  It is so nice.

I've mentioned it before and don't quite remember your response - but I request e-mail notifications for topics that someone replies to when you have posted a message.  Sometimes I forget to check a thread after I post in it and I miss responses.

I'm going to work on the ability to show you what page you're on.  

Here is my example webpage below:

Thread 1 - Page 1,2,3,4

Thread 2 - Page 1,2

Thread 3 - Page 1,2,3,4,5...

Say that you've read up to page 2 on "Thread 1".  

Question 1: Does vBulletin show you that you've read up to page 2?  

Question 2: What happens if you clicked page 4 for "Thread 1"?  Would you be taken to page 4 because you clicked it or page 2 because that's the last page you've read.  What does vBulletin do?

tst
s10blazed
#1 - No, vBulletin doesn't show you how far into a thread you've read that I'm aware of. It just marks it whether or not there are new posts in a given thread since you have last viewed it.

#2 - If you click on just the title, it takes you to post 1.  If you click an individual page number associated with that thread, it takes you to the first post of that page.  Once in a thread there is then a link to jump you to the first unread post.  It will then load whichever page it needs or just jumps you to the new thread if its already on the proper page. I can't recall if there is an unread post button prior to actually loading the thread. Although it would be neat to have it setup as: "THREAD TITLE, page 1, page 2, new post" or something along those lines.

LOLLI
Post from s10blazed#1 - No, vBulletin doesn't show you how far into a thread you've read that I'm aware of. It just marks it whether or not there are new posts in a given thread since you have last viewed it.

#2 - If you click on just the title, it takes you to post 1.  If you click an individual page number associated with that thread, it takes you to the first post of that page.  Once in a thread there is then a link to jump you to the first unread post.  It will then load whichever page it needs or just jumps you to the new thread if its already on the proper page. I can't recall if there is an unread post button prior to actually loading the thread. Although it would be neat to have it setup as: "THREAD TITLE, page 1, page 2, new post" or something along those lines.

Thanks for the info, this will help.

tst
JodoKaast
I think Something Awful's hacked version of vBulletin is the best.

If you click the thread name, it always takes you to the first post.
If you click a thread page number, it takes you to the first post of that page.
If there are new posts in a thread you've viewed, it shows to the right how many posts there have been, and clicking on that number takes you to the first unread reply in the thread. Clicking on the X removes that thread from your "viewed" threads, and makes all posts in the thread unread.
If there aren't any new posts in a viewed thread, it just shows the X.

Also, in the actual thread, posts that have been read are colored one way, and new replies are a different color.

The only thing it doesn't really do is keep track of whether or not you've posted in a thread. Which could be useful.

LOLLI
Post from JodoKaastI think Something Awful's hacked version of vBulletin is the best.

If you click the thread name, it always takes you to the first post.
If you click a thread page number, it takes you to the first post of that page.
If there are new posts in a thread you've viewed, it shows to the right how many posts there have been, and clicking on that number takes you to the first unread reply in the thread. Clicking on the X removes that thread from your "viewed" threads, and makes all posts in the thread unread.
If there aren't any new posts in a viewed thread, it just shows the X.

Also, in the actual thread, posts that have been read are colored one way, and new replies are a different color.

The only thing it doesn't really do is keep track of whether or not you've posted in a thread. Which could be useful.
Very nice.  I can do something like this.  I'm guessing that when you click on of those links to jump to the last place you viewed, it auto scrolls to where you were last?

Also, that rating chart, does it allow you to rate a thread up and down, or just up?

tst
doog
Premium Member
Do not want.

SARA
Post from doogDo not want.
I don't like it either.

tika
im having the hardest time finding the new posts on this new layout ish

is it just me?

Queen of the Lolli.org Paparazzi // mixes, pics, fun stuff -> kooterkore.com
SARA
Post from tikaim having the hardest time finding the new posts on this new layout ish

is it just me?
no, I am too.

tika
Post from SARAno, I am too.

i read things and theyre still yellow, but not new? and i dont get the x...if i hit that is the thread going to disappear from my view? confused

Queen of the Lolli.org Paparazzi // mixes, pics, fun stuff -> kooterkore.com
LOLLI
Post from tikai read things and theyre still yellow, but not new? and i dont get the x...if i hit that is the thread going to disappear from my view? confused
Whenever you read a thread, you create a new record in the database that tracks what page you're on.  If you would like to stop following a particular thread, click the "X" and it will be reset to a new thread.

The new posts "Message Board(#)" in the side menu is miffed until I fix it.

The highlighted page number shows you were you've left off last.

I guess I added 2 functions and they look to be clashing instead of working together.  

tst
doog
Premium Member
Post from LOLLIWhenever you read a thread, you create a new record in the database that tracks what page you're on.  If you would like to stop following a particular thread, click the "X" and it will be reset to a new thread.

The new posts "Message Board(#)" in the side menu is miffed until I fix it.

The highlighted page number shows you were you've left off last.

I guess I added 2 functions and they look to be clashing instead of working together.  
Yeah I gotta say the whole 'finding where i left off in a thread' debate should be left to the user, not the webmaster.  Over complicating things is never a good idea.

SARA
I think things are perfect how they are now. I know which threads are completely new, which have new posts, and I know where I left off.

Simple, yet thorough. I like. What does everyone else think?

JohnWayne
Premium Member
I liked those boxes that were on here yesterday.

LOLLI
Post from JohnWayneI liked those boxes that were on here yesterday.

*pats your shoulder* me too John, me too.

tst
Shakin2daBeat420
Premium Member
Post from SARAI think things are perfect how they are now. I know which threads are completely new, which have new posts, and I know where I left off.

Simple, yet thorough. I like. What does everyone else think?
i also agree with this.. i like how it is now.. its easier to follow- not so confusing with those x's

Keep it like this! Thats my vote

"Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money." Robin Williams
SARA
Post from LOLLI

Shakin2daBeat420
Premium Member
i was wondering if in the chat room you could click on a person- and have it take you to their profile.. is this something that can happen

i know when you click on them now it lets you send a private messsage- but i didn tknow if you could add in looking at their profile

djgraph
Post from LOLLI
bring the fucking boxes back

pro posters know the deal

i actually miss netic. w/e on all of you
LOLLI
Post from djgraphbring the fucking boxes back

pro posters know the deal
I know.  Clearly there are pro posters and average joe's.  To me, there aren't enough buttons ever.  Maybe I'll make a Pro Poster mode.

tst
doog
Premium Member
Post from Shakin2daBeat420i was wondering if in the chat room you could click on a person- and have it take you to their profile.. is this something that can happen

i know when you click on them now it lets you send a private messsage- but i didn tknow if you could add in looking at their profile
If you click the person's name it starts up a private message to them.

If you want to go to their profile, type '/who username'.

Shakin2daBeat420
Premium Member
Post from doogIf you click the person's name it starts up a private message to them.

If you want to go to their profile, type '/who username'.
see i never know all the things to use.. there should seriously be a manual..

doog
Premium Member
Post from Shakin2daBeat420see i never know all the things to use.. there should seriously be a manual..
nah, it's more fun to keep secrets from noobs ;)

Shakin2daBeat420
Premium Member
Post from doognah, it's more fun to keep secrets from noobs ;)
that's probably why lolli no longer respondes to my requests lol...

he must just read them and shake his head.. then you hear a slight.. dumbass come out his mouth

2 3 4 5 6

Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout