Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /

1 2 3 4 5
STEPHY
Post from BOINGTHUMPAbility to say "I like" or "I dislike" individual posts.

Top posts of the day, week,month,year.
Same w/threads. Once it goes epic there should be a way to say "shits still getting good".

Also ability to as a whole say "This post is shit, you are a fucking moron"

Kind like the 2009 best/worst list. It would be easier if it was just hard coded. And people clicked shit.
i love that idea! i def agree about the drop down friends also it was much easier that way :) i also miss them being called "homies" instead of friends think we can bring that back??  heehee

STEPHY
dear santa, can we have pic comments too???

LOLLI
Post from CubanBI'd love to see this site be more dedicated to organizing people with their part in the scene.

Promoter/production company grouping.  Like Gangs but only with more private and public aspects like how facebook works.  Users can be fans of groups and interact with them but members of the groups can speak privately within them.  

DJ pages being linked closer to the user account and then also to the production pages.   Flier history and such being archived somehow and easily accessible/organized.  Just a ton of stuff in that direction would really be rad and we could use it.

This could be a really cool DJ/Promoter site at the same time as being a message board.

Maybe even a wanted section for people who need help with sound or DJs.   Or a way to find people who would be interested in helping with decor and such.

I don't know, shit along those lines.    I love the troll/bullshit aspect of message boards but I think it would be cool to have a nice site made to help streamline the progression of working together.  

Also ways to keep things all together but separate them in some manner so that people from other cities could use the site too.   Kind of make it a whole east coast networking site for electronic music.  Make it more professional like.

"wanna get involved?  Come to lolli"  

I hate to say it but even changing the name might be a smart idea.

Change the name?  Blasphemy!  haha.   Change it to what?  JadedPittsburgh.com?   Just joking.

I do agree that I need to archive more of what's posted and what events have happened.  I am almost done with an event photos upload page.   I know "about time rich".  But harddrive space costs money and I finally got this new uploader to work on my alternate site mrcrumperton.com (my cats name.  shutup.  godaddy only allows a medium-trust environment, so it's difficult to build uploaders that work.  They don't tell you that when they're promoting their 6.99$/month deal though.)   Anyways, I have unlimited space for images now.  So that means promoters will upload their flyers, visitors will upload event pics, and so on.  I just have to build an uploader page for each type of images I want to archive.

tst
LOLLI

.org

http://www.mrcrumperton.com/

go there, laff.

tst
CubanB
Post from LOLLI
Change the name?  Blasphemy!  haha.   Change it to what?  JadedPittsburgh.com?   Just joking.

I do agree that I need to archive more of what's posted and what events have happened.  I am almost done with an event photos upload page.   I know "about time rich".  But harddrive space costs money and I finally got this new uploader to work on my alternate site mrcrumperton.com (my cats name.  shutup.  godaddy only allows a medium-trust environment, so it's difficult to build uploaders that work.  They don't tell you that when they're promoting their 6.99$/month deal though.)   Anyways, I have unlimited space for images now.  So that means promoters will upload their flyers, visitors will upload event pics, and so on.  I just have to build an uploader page for each type of images I want to archive.
Well the only reason Id say a name change might make sense would be if you wanted to put focus on expanding it more out of pgh..  Not that this site really actually says anywhere that it is simply for pgh, but it still remains mostly a pgh thing.  Lolli.org doesn't really describe anything with the site either.  I mean, It's your nickname, referencing having lollipops at raves?  I have no problem with it, but what if myspace was named Popsicle.org because Tom once used to drive an ice cream truck around meeting people?  

Get where I am coming from?

I guess I am just wondering where you want to go with this site.  What would you like to see this site become Rich?

Flownominal
Post from LOLLI
.org

go there, laff.
Rich. What the hell are you doing with my cat? lol

The real solution is throwing smaller more music focused genre specific shows that would and could create a culture of music lovers as opposed to a bunch wanna be rave famous drug addicts.
tika
Post from LOLLI
.org

go there, laff.
LOL CRUMP

hes such a dude

Queen of the Lolli.org Paparazzi // mixes, pics, fun stuff -> kooterkore.com
LOLLI
Post from CubanBWell the only reason Id say a name change might make sense would be if you wanted to put focus on expanding it more out of pgh..  Not that this site really actually says anywhere that it is simply for pgh, but it still remains mostly a pgh thing.  Lolli.org doesn't really describe anything with the site either.  I mean, It's your nickname, referencing having lollipops at raves?  I have no problem with it, but what if myspace was named Popsicle.org because Tom once used to drive an ice cream truck around meeting people?  

Get where I am coming from?

I guess I am just wondering where you want to go with this site.  What would you like to see this site become Rich?

Lolli can mean anything these days.  Tons of people say "ok, well just Lolli me".  Same as "ok, well just FB me".  I can add a new domain name and have it point to this site.  

MyRave.org  
FaceRave.org
BoobsAndBacon.org

I think to expand to something larger than pittsburgh, I'm going to expand the forums a bit.  Change the events forums to:

North East Events
North West Events
South East Events
South West Events
International Events
Canada Events (maybe)

Under the NE, NW, SE, and SW events, I'd list the states they encompass.

tst
LOLLI
Post from JodoKaastI think a blend of a facebook style profile layout + the current message board layout would be pretty cool. While there's already profile pages and such, there's not much to them. An integration of your posts or music posted or status updates or whatever else, into the actual profile pages would do a lot, I think.

As far as message board tweaks, I think the Something Awful forums are the model for my ease of use and looks. For instance, instead of just jumping to the last page of a thread that I've viewed before, I should be able to jump to the last post of that thread since last viewing it. It always kind of confuses me when I've only read 2 pages of what's now a 7 page thread, and I've suddenly missed 5 pages by clicking on the thread. You could do this with cookies, if you didn't want to spend the overhead on database storage.

Also, thread ratings should be somehow displayed on the main forum page. Like a 5-star rating, with 1 to 5 stars displayed based on how good or bad the thread is. I don't know how your rating statistics work, so I don't know the easiest way to display this info.

Those are a few off the top of my head.

Ok, so you viewed a thread's first two pages.  When you come back later, the thread is now on page seven.  When you click that thread link, you should be taken to page two.  Correct?   I think I can do this.  

I used to use cookies for tracking when you've read a thread.  But I had to do away with that because most people didn't understand the "Mark all threads a read" button.  So now, I track every thread every person views.  I store your "last read date" for that thread.  When the dates differ, there are new posts for you to read.  I guess, I can store your "last read date" as well as what page you're on.   Then, when you hit the jump, you can pickup on the last page you left off on.

I like this.  This code change is fairly simple to implement.

tst
LOLLI

The Main MessageBoard Page

A few people have suggested that I change the main messageboard page back to a more traditional view.   Instead of showing the top 30 or so threads, only show the forums.   Then make each user click each of the forums to view the current threads.

I think this is do-able if enough people want it.  I think that this change along with a "favorite threads" marking system would really work well together.

tst
doog
Premium Member
Post from LOLLI
The Main MessageBoard Page

A few people have suggested that I change the main messageboard page back to a more traditional view.   Instead of showing the top 30 or so threads, only show the forums.   Then make each user click each of the forums to view the current threads.

I think this is do-able if enough people want it.  I think that this change along with a "favorite threads" marking system would really work well together.
I do not like this idea.  Unless you can make it easily collapsible and expandable (without having to load the page again) and even then I think that would take away from the 'experience'.

LOLLI
Post from doogI do not like this idea.  Unless you can make it easily collapsible and expandable (without having to load the page again) and even then I think that would take away from the 'experience'.

Ok, one point for the "NO" vote.

I could Ajax the main messageboard page.  Maybe put a "more..." link for each forum, when you click it, it will load another 5 or 10 threads for that forum on the main page.  No refreshing.

tst
pablo814
Premium Member
Post from LOLLI
Ok, one point for the "NO" vote.

I could Ajax the main messageboard page.  Maybe put a "more..." link for each forum, when you click it, it will load another 5 or 10 threads for that forum on the main page.  No refreshing.
I the more button idea, maybe have the sticky threads still up on the main page too...

"Honey, I want to do something, we never do anything!" "We are doing something. I'm watching the game and eating a sandwich, and you are making me another sandwich!"
Gunther
What about a mini blogging type option in your hood. Kinda like how you can have a journal on pure rave.

maybe have the last three names that viewed your hood page?

tika
MyRave.org  
FaceRave.org

RAVEONMYFACE.ORG

tika
Post from GuntherWhat about a mini blogging type option in your hood. Kinda like how you can have a journal on pure rave.

maybe have the last three names that viewed your hood page?
the views thing is good, but i think that the blogging might sometimes deter people from posting things on the boards.

if their blogs showed up in a separate part of the boards so people know theyre updated and everyone can read them and comment, then yeah....but then its just basically another msgboard.

i dont know.

pr shows the last 5 that viewed your journal, so yeah last 5 that viewed your page would be good.

i still want an iphone app for easier reading on the go, but its so expensive and time consuming to build one

Shakin2daBeat420
Premium Member
this may be a wish or something that cannot be done..

but i wish there was a way where you can tell where you left off on a page.. like i was reading some threads and was on page like 6- and then when i came back the next day there was like 15 pages- so i was trying to figure out where i was last..

is it possible to have it highlighted what last you were on ? so you can remember where you were.. or is this something that cannot happen..

lol does this make sense?

"Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money." Robin Williams
Shakin2daBeat420
Premium Member
Post from LOLLI
Ok, so you viewed a thread's first two pages.  When you come back later, the thread is now on page seven.  When you click that thread link, you should be taken to page two.  Correct?   I think I can do this.  

I used to use cookies for tracking when you've read a thread.  But I had to do away with that because most people didn't understand the "Mark all threads a read" button.  So now, I track every thread every person views.  I store your "last read date" for that thread.  When the dates differ, there are new posts for you to read.  I guess, I can store your "last read date" as well as what page you're on.   Then, when you hit the jump, you can pickup on the last page you left off on.

ahhh.. see if i read before- i would have seen this was done..

but i lost my place.. lol

"Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money." Robin Williams
JodoKaast
Post from LOLLI

I'm not sure what you use behind the scenes to keep track of individual posts, but it might be easier to just keep track of what the last post was in the thread when you last viewed it. Either by unique ID number, or just something like "page1,post5" and then just jump to the next post below that (or the next page, if it was the last post before rolling over to a new page). That way you wouldn't have to do date calculations and such.

But, whatever works.

LOLLI
Post from tikathe views thing is good, but i think that the blogging might sometimes deter people from posting things on the boards.

if their blogs showed up in a separate part of the boards so people know theyre updated and everyone can read them and comment, then yeah....but then its just basically another msgboard.

i dont know.

pr shows the last 5 that viewed your journal, so yeah last 5 that viewed your page would be good.

i still want an iphone app for easier reading on the go, but its so expensive and time consuming to build one

actually, because iphone's browser allows javascript, it's fairly easy to build a micro mobile site.   I'll get a test page together to see how it works.

tst
CUTUPS
a couple thoughts on things that would be cool:
- more linking events to artists and promoters, and partiers

so from an artist page you can see what events somebody is playing, from the events page you can see all events by one promoter, or from a users hood you can see a list of all the events they rsvp'd to

- single click rsvp on the forum page

might be hard, but i think it would make more people do it...

- do like the featured artist idea, where you profile them on the front page or something.  i think you could extend it to promoters and partiers too.  do a little interview with them, which could be serious or just goofy.

- lolli mix competition?  you come up with the theme or style, then people have a deadline to submit.  users vote?  could be fun...

SHOWS >> 1.20 BASS THERAPY w/ Cutups, Keeb$ + @ Levels Southside | 1.27 MUSTARD PIMP @ Altar Bar | 2.2 LAZERCRUNK w/ Thunder St. Clair & Tracksploitation @ Brillobox | 2.4 ILLUSIONS w/ Mascara & Rivka @ Cattivo
MEZZANINE
Yeah, as of right now, I am completely surprised people actually RSVP on the site. I honestly don't even see the point, because I don't go to event pages... I read the forums and that's it.

Linking DJ's to events and vice verse would be great.  Imagine viewing an event listing, and when scrolling over a performer, their affiliation & style would hover. Or, getting to their info via one click away...

LOLLI
Post from MEZZANINEYeah, as of right now, I am completely surprised people actually RSVP on the site. I honestly don't even see the point, because I don't go to event pages... I read the forums and that's it.

Linking DJ's to events and vice verse would be great.  Imagine viewing an event listing, and when scrolling over a performer, their affiliation & style would hover. Or, getting to their info via one click away...

totally.  I want to integrate events, artists, mixes, and forums as much as I can.

tst
doog
Premium Member
I agree with cutups.  When djs are listed at an event they should somehow be linked on the event page to their artist page.  The event page/date of show should be linked from their artist profile.  That way you can easily check an artist and see where they're playing.

RVSP should be listed on the message board in addition to events page.  I also get surprised when I see people rsvp to events.  I think it's for the people who come to lolli just to check events but never get into the message board.

Flownominal
I say you code a way to send solid objects through the internet to other people, lol

I want people to send me bacon across the net damn it.

The real solution is throwing smaller more music focused genre specific shows that would and could create a culture of music lovers as opposed to a bunch wanna be rave famous drug addicts.
1 2 3 4 5

Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout