Main MessageBoard / EPIC Threads /

4 5 6 7 8
Chief
I see a lot of people *trying* to dance like that out here. It looks like they're doing the running man.

SARA
Post from ChiefI see a lot of people *trying* to dance like that out here. It looks like they're doing the running man.
Yep. Part of the steps of the Melbourne Shuffle are the running man. If you look at those instructional videos there is a party specifically for the running man. They speed it up and combine it with the other steps.

CubanB
Dude in the white shirt's final comeback.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdefPLwABc4

REAL House music ftw.

First time I was around good house music at a rave at a good time of the night and saw how the older folks than me at the time were dancing, I realized I was around something really fucking great.  

buterfligirl
That style is freakin awesome. Gonna have to def start studying those vids. I've been needing new moves anyway

NCBST2002
I wish I had a pair of pumps....they make the dancing waaaaaay better

poptart
lol.

I kind of used to dance like that but a lot faster and I looked way more ridiculous. I had the whole arm flailing thing down.

I still love to dance. Only certain sounds make me want to dance and keep me dancing. I don't have any particular dance style, but I think I'm alright and I feel really good when I'm doing it...I think that is all that really matters...even if you look stupid.

"And if I was a ghost and came back when u smoked me id rape u" -Flatbed
CubanB
Post from poptartlol.

I kind of used to dance like that but a lot faster and I looked way more ridiculous. I had the whole arm flailing thing down.

I still love to dance. Only certain sounds make me want to dance and keep me dancing. I don't have any particular dance style, but I think I'm alright and I feel really good when I'm doing it...I think that is all that really matters...even if you look stupid.
feeling good and being part of the music is what it's all about.

I think maybe this generation and even the older heads have become too self conscious.    There were definitely a lot of weirdos in the past and I think they helped make everyone feel more comfortable with letting go.

Looking dumb and being silly is the best!!!

MIZDEE
I have a mp3 Merry X-mas Cd of 7-ups from I think 2001.. I finally found it not too long ago.  I don't have my own computer though.. I don't know if my roommate will let me use his to upload the mixes.  Some of them don't work because the cd is scratched but there are at least two mixes that work that are speed garage and soulful house and one of him and dj smalls tagging.

MIZDEE
Post from CubanBfeeling good and being part of the music is what it's all about.

I think maybe this generation and even the older heads have become too self conscious.    There were definitely a lot of weirdos in the past and I think they helped make everyone feel more comfortable with letting go.

Looking dumb and being silly is the best!!!
Seriously.  I have the best times at parties when I'm dancing around being silly!!  I like to get into the groove too though.

Dancing and music are the main reasons I still go to events.  Most times, I dance my ass off for atleast part of the evening.  It is exercise and its a release -- both of which are two things I don't get enough of.  

DOJA
speaking of essential mixes.. I hear that zinc is doing this weeks show. oooh

glow2254
Post from LOLLI
I still want to learn this style.   I think it's awesome.
x2

purple monkey dishwasher
Chief
That's how I feel. I'm super paranoid and constantly think someone's watching me (*cue Rockwell*). So if I do hit up the dancefloor, I'm usually in the back or just had a few drinks.

TBOT3001
i think this looks like shit.  some ok footwork, but overall not very impressive.  too stompy.

puppetslave
Post from TBOT3001i think this looks like shit.  some ok footwork, but overall not very impressive.  too stompy.
That being said, I half agree except that I *try* to do it anyway just because it feels good and comes naturally. Yes, I know how I look.

glow2254
Post from TBOT3001i think this looks like shit.  some ok footwork, but overall not very impressive.  too stompy.
but u have 2 agree it looks cool

purple monkey dishwasher
CubanB
Post from glow2254but u have 2 agree it looks cool
This to me is just like the Djing thread.   Set your goals a bit higher.

Amateur shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJoZRWHRli8

Skill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EgnLtnkxLE&feature=related

CUTUPS
The "anything goes" dance attitude of the rave scene is one of the reasons i got into it for sure.   I didn't see alot of awesome dancers this past weekend, but i did see a ton of people letting loose and having fun, which is all that matters.

SHOWS >> 1.20 BASS THERAPY w/ Cutups, Keeb$ + @ Levels Southside | 1.27 MUSTARD PIMP @ Altar Bar | 2.2 LAZERCRUNK w/ Thunder St. Clair & Tracksploitation @ Brillobox | 2.4 ILLUSIONS w/ Mascara & Rivka @ Cattivo
LOLLI

haha can you "do the lolli?"

tst
CubanB
Post from CUTUPSThe "anything goes" dance attitude of the rave scene is one of the reasons i got into it for sure.   I didn't see alot of awesome dancers this past weekend, but i did see a ton of people letting loose and having fun, which is all that matters.
Total agree.  Not thinking about the way you look and just moving to those beats!!

jadealer
Post from spinfinityi miss seeing breakdancers at parties.  
My boyfriend was break dancing at 3-D Thriller in his washer costume for a few minutes... it was pretty hilarious.

jadealer
I do have to agree with the lack of dancing in Pittsburgh.  Whenever I moved to Pittsburgh in 2007 from Philly/NJ/NYC, I was shocked by how little people actually danced at parties.   In NYC, people were always making dance circles and having battles.  It was really inspiring to watch some of the techniques that people developed.  I can't really speak for how the Philly/NJ/NYC scene is now because I haven't been back in a few years, but when I used to live there(02-07), they definately still took their dancing seriously.

NCBST2002
lol I am a fan of this post

SheriffKevin
fun? what is this fun? i think it's pretty well documented that raves are serious business and not intended for your childish amusement. grow up bitch.

"I love how exceptionally real you keep it."  - Eric Bliss
satan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp76o3pGnBI

1. Raves, the one place ugly emo's girls go to feel hot,
  2. Dubstep: helping douchebags get laid since 03
  3. Only hipster trash listen to electro house!
  4. You don't have to dress like a slut to look sexy
www.FrankieBonesSucks.org
SheriffKevin
thats whats up

"I love how exceptionally real you keep it."  - Eric Bliss
4 5 6 7 8

Main MessageBoard / EPIC Threads /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout