Main MessageBoard / EPIC Threads /

2 3 4 5 6
LOLLI

I have a bunch of old mix tapes.  Tigger from Cleveland, Zelch brothers, The Mighty Mezz, and 7up.

tst
spinfinity
i guess my first electronic cd was technically prodigy's fat of the land...

the first cd i bought when i was really getting into edm and the rave scene was bad boy bill, lol.  

SheriffKevin

"I love how exceptionally real you keep it."  - Eric Bliss
poptart
since we are on the topic of old cds we have....does any one happen to have a Zelch Brothers mix called "Get Groovin-Live at Groove"?

I had a copy of it a friend gave me years ago, but it is all fucked up and skips....I would really like a better copy of it...if anyone has that shit, you should throw it up here :)

"And if I was a ghost and came back when u smoked me id rape u" -Flatbed
SheriffKevin
Post from alucard666If I didn't dance at party's I would get bored.

I think Keokis Speed Racer tape was my first, then an Ed rush and Optical mix tape (Mmmmm Alien girl), then I found Bonkers 1 and became addicted to hardcore.
bonkers 16 is amazing. especially Disc 2: Sharkey & CLSM feat Kutski holy breakbeats!

glow2254
i dont need 2 learn how 2 dance i spin poi/glowstring.
i can live with that

purple monkey dishwasher
TBOT3001
Post from poptartsince we are on the topic of old cds we have....does any one happen to have a Zelch Brothers mix called "Get Groovin-Live at Groove"?

I had a copy of it a friend gave me years ago, but it is all fucked up and skips....I would really like a better copy of it...if anyone has that shit, you should throw it up here :)
actually now that you mention it...

but i think mine skips pretty bad too.

KANDYPLUR
i used to dance at parties. but it lost its novelty. now i just listen and study the music. unless i really like it, then you'll see me rock out. haha.

sean216
Post from NatureI love it when that happens.

HEY REMEMBER WHEN: people used to travel for hours to a party just to see their favorite DJ, and stay sober and dance so they can remember, and then talk about the tracks they played?

But remember even way before that, when the only dj's you knew were tiesto and moby only because those names have reached the mainstream world and those names are what would come up when you typed techno in limewire... when you knew nothing of the many genres of edm and you always just used the word techno to describe rave music and you just went to a party to play with some glowsticks and eat a pill with a few of your good friends, before you were educated and all knowing, before the drama... man I miss when times were simple. people dont show up to their second rave ever like "man, I'm just gonna be jaded from the start"

SARA
Post from KANDYPLURi used to dance at parties. but it lost its novelty. now i just listen and study the music. unless i really like it, then you'll see me rock out. haha.
i saw you dance at starkey!

spinfinity
Post from SARAi saw you dance at starkey!
haha yeah he was rocking out at starkey...  i don't think i've ever seen him get down like that before or since.  

SheriffKevin
Post from KANDYPLURi used to dance at parties. but it lost its novelty. now i just listen and study the music. unless i really like it, then you'll see me rock out. haha.
sometimes it's more fun to watch the djs work too. when i saw Gammer in LA i was blown away just watching him cut it up behind the decks.

SheriffKevin
Post from sean216But remember even way before that, when the only dj's you knew were tiesto and moby only because those names have reached the mainstream world and those names are what would come up when you typed techno in limewire... when you knew nothing of the many genres of edm and you always just used the word techno to describe rave music and you just went to a party to play with some glowsticks and eat a pill with a few of your good friends, before you were educated and all knowing, before the drama... man I miss when times were simple. people dont show up to their second rave ever like "man, I'm just gonna be jaded from the start"
i was jaded by my fourth party, no lie

KANDYPLUR
Post from SheriffKevinsometimes it's more fun to watch the djs work too. when i saw Gammer in LA i was blown away just watching him cut it up behind the decks.
chase and status in baltimore this year. flawless. he was like a machine with his bass switches and what not. insane. dj's are a blast to watch if they do a lot. some people are boring though. haha.

SheriffKevin
Post from KANDYPLURchase and status in baltimore this year. flawless. he was like a machine with his bass switches and what not. insane. dj's are a blast to watch if they do a lot. some people are boring though. haha.
for real, i can't stand djs who just look bored up there. granted if they're quickmixing and need to concentrate it's understandable. i've always loved Darude coming out to film stuff with his own camera or shake hands and stuff. and his signs are a cool touch

DOJA
the word is that chatus(chase & status) are using pre mixed cd's and acting like they are playing live.. theres a video on DOA.
mistabishi is another one people have been calling out about that too.

sweetie112006
Post from sarahbearyep. i also remember when parties had different genres, and not just dubstep on multiple stages.

gimme somethin to dance to, and i'll dance!
good im glad someone agrees with me on this as well:)

*hippie at heart
sweetie112006
lol! this thread reminds me of these raver dudes from COME TOGETHER .....the image has been burned into my memory....literally dancing like they were jogging in place, body shaking, eyes bugged out from bein so skitzed out from wutever they were on and having convulsions! lololol.....kinda scared me at first.....but they danced liked that for hours being in their own mental state lol

*hippie at heart
CubanB
Post from DOJAthe word is that chatus(chase & status) are using pre mixed cd's and acting like they are playing live.. theres a video on DOA.
mistabishi is another one people have been calling out about that too.

lol.

There are a TON of ways to cheat with the technology of today.

Some people just want to be the on the stage and don't have any values.   Fucking posers.

poptart
Post from sweetie112006lol! this thread reminds me of these raver dudes from COME TOGETHER .....the image has been burned into my memory....literally dancing like they were jogging in place, body shaking, eyes bugged out from bein so skitzed out from wutever they were on and having convulsions! lololol.....kinda scared me at first.....but they danced liked that for hours being in their own mental state lol
I was at this party one time and there was this guy there who had those little finger LED lights and he just keep spinning his arms around in front of his face  (like he was punching a speed bag) for pretty much the entire length of the party.

It was so funny to watch him.

sweetie112006
Post from poptartI was at this party one time and there was this guy there who had those little finger LED lights and he just keep spinning his arms around in front of his face  (like he was punching a speed bag) for pretty much the entire length of the party.

It was so funny to watch him.
LOL!!!!!!! seriously the image is still in my mind........i saw these kids at the quickening in cleveland for halloween.......same shit......mouth open.....drooling and eyes bugged out staring out into space while their bodies convulse lol!!! lol

*hippie at heart
sweetie112006
Post from sweetie112006LOL!!!!!!! seriously the image is still in my mind........i saw these kids at the quickening in cleveland for halloween.......same shit......mouth open.....drooling and eyes bugged out staring out into space while their bodies convulse lol!!! lol
even though theyre having fun.... it kinda kills my spirit wen im on the dancefloor cuz i dont like seeing people to fucked up to the point where they cant even talk and instead just look at u and "drool" lol.......Special K is destroying it at times cuz people get so fucked up they dont even know where the fuck they are at and will just walk around aimlessly in a khole around the party

*hippie at heart
poptart
Post from sweetie112006even though theyre having fun.... it kinda kills my spirit wen im on the dancefloor cuz i dont like seeing people to fucked up to the point where they cant even talk and instead just look at u and "drool" lol.......Special K is destroying it at times cuz people get so fucked up they dont even know where the fuck they are at and will just walk around aimlessly in a khole around the party
I have never really thought that K was a very good rave drug. I don't really have a problem with the drug itself, but I don't think that a rave is a very appropriate place to do something like that, for the sheer fact that once can hardly do anything on K and you usually end up sitting or laying down since it becomes pretty difficult to stand.

If ya wanna be in a k hole, go sit in your damn car, somewhere out the way in private or go home!

sweetie112006
Post from poptartI have never really thought that K was a very good rave drug. I don't really have a problem with the drug itself, but I don't think that a rave is a very appropriate place to do something like that, for the sheer fact that once can hardly do anything on K and you usually end up sitting or laying down since it becomes pretty difficult to stand.

If ya wanna be in a k hole, go sit in your damn car, somewhere out the way in private or go home!
alrite! im glad someone agrees with me on that as well........wen i lived in ny i didnt no anyone who did that shit really......it was all x......then i move to this area and its frickin everywhere

*hippie at heart
GodMode
i need to bring some K home for my cats, runnin around the house all night and shit.

2 3 4 5 6

Main MessageBoard / EPIC Threads /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout