Main MessageBoard / EPIC Threads /

1 2 3 4 5
IWannaBeTheDj
haha Frolic is a bum. Apparently the dude legally changed his last name to frolic. But i saw him at wemf....2 years ago? Anyway he was playing out the same old choons from the Happy to be Hardcore albums. Dont get me wrong one from time to time can be cool but an entire set?

In short he is milking faded glory.

SARA
Post from IWannaBeTheDjhaha Frolic is a bum. Apparently the dude legally changed his last name to frolic. But i saw him at wemf....2 years ago? Anyway he was playing out the same old choons from the Happy to be Hardcore albums. Dont get me wrong one from time to time can be cool but an entire set?

In short he is milking faded glory.
The H2bHC albums were the first "rave albums" I ever owned. I remember I was like 16 and I used to blast them in my car. Anyways, Shaina and I were talking about how good they were so Rich downloaded them all for us.

Holy shit. Those albums are horrible. They literally hurt my ears listening to them... *TING TING TING TING TING TING BAM TING TING TING TING TING TING WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TING TING TING WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!* lol..... I know that hardcore in general isn't that great, but that shit was just bad. There are a few good anthems (Rainbow, Elysium, Tears Run Cold, etc.) but for the most part I think it was good that that stuff died out and now everything is predominantly upfront UK hardcore.

IWannaBeTheDj
Post from SARAThe H2bHC albums were the first "rave albums" I ever owned. I remember I was like 16 and I used to blast them in my car. Anyways, Shaina and I were talking about how good they were so Rich downloaded them all for us.

Holy shit. Those albums are horrible. They literally hurt my ears listening to them... *TING TING TING TING TING TING BAM TING TING TING TING TING TING WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TING TING TING WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!* lol..... I know that hardcore in general isn't that great, but that shit was just bad. There are a few good anthems (Rainbow, Elysium, Tears Run Cold, etc.) but for the most part I think it was good that that stuff died out and now everything is predominantly upfront UK hardcore.
Yea they were one of the first CD's i ever had too, I cant remember which one but that and Dj Irene phonosynthis. I listened to those 2 cds non stop back in the day.

poptart
Post from SARAThe H2bHC albums were the first "rave albums" I ever owned. I remember I was like 16 and I used to blast them in my car. Anyways, Shaina and I were talking about how good they were so Rich downloaded them all for us.

H2BHC chapter 6 (i think) was the second electronic music cd I ever owned. I didn't really even like it then. I was more into hard house and trance....I think it ended up with my friend since she was totally into it.

I can hardly stand listening to the first handful of EDM cds that I purchased because I can't get over how corny and bad they are....

good times though.

"And if I was a ghost and came back when u smoked me id rape u" -Flatbed
SARA
Post from poptartH2BHC chapter 6 (i think) was the second electronic music cd I ever owned. I didn't really even like it then. I was more into hard house and trance....I think it ended up with my friend since she was totally into it.

I can hardly stand listening to the first handful of EDM cds that I purchased because I can't get over how corny and bad they are....

good times though.
ahhhhh THE FINAL CHAPTER.

that was one of my first. i actually "stole" it from my little raver boyfriend at the time. lol. i do like that one much more than the others.

i will also admit that i owned a keoki album... and vinyl.

LOLLI

I have a bunch of "The World Of ...." cds.    The World of Rave, The World of House, The World of Techno.   I should dig these up and post the tracks.

tst
PDub
I have the World of Rave! lol

I can't bring myself to throw away those damn H2b hardcore cds. ugh I listen to them occasionally. shhhhhhh

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe."
SARA
Post from PDubI have the World of Rave! lol

I can't bring myself to throw away those damn H2b hardcore cds. ugh I listen to them occasionally. shhhhhhh
I like the Bonkers cds. I was listening to the Scott Brown one this morning... shhhhhhhhhh. Haha!

IWannaBeTheDj
Dude i love Bonkers 16 with hixxy and scott brown.

Shakin2daBeat420
Premium Member
I am always dancing at parties..  HA!

anyone who knows me.. knows this!

"Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money." Robin Williams
poptart
I bought one of those "this is rave" compilation things.

by god it was awful.

I was very disappointed.

SARA
Post from IWannaBeTheDjDude i love Bonkers 16 with hixxy and scott brown.
lol i only have 10, 11, and 12

Shase
Post from CubanBDude, I hated on genres from day 1.

We just called it all "bad party music".   My friends and I would just sit on the floor and hope something better comes on.  If it wasnt good feeling or funky in my early days, then I didnt dance.  Im still the same way. At one point I acquired a taste for jungle though and I would dance my ass off to that stuff they played around 2000.   Bagel & Alaska!

btw, we'd always call the hardcore stage "the tweak room".    It seemed like only tweakers and people on 15-20 rolls would be in that room.  

What ever happened to Anabolic Frolic?
I laughed while I was typing it, but now that I have to say it was a joke, it's not funny.

Things have been the way they are now for a very long time.  If there was ever a time when they were different it was because either you were different or you were there very close to the start.  I wasn't there so I don't know.

The only thing that I really appreciate about parties then compared to now is that back then I was able to Forest Gump my way into seeing a lot of great djs and really good acts that people simply can't and won't bring around here anymore.  

With respect to dancing, I only really dance if I am really into the music or have been drinking a lot.  In either one of those cases, I really don't give a shit what the people around me think.

CubanB
YUK @ folks who started out with H2BH cds.   I know the selection at the stores was bad years ago but my eyes were never attracted to those cds.  

And here I thought I started out bad but my first 5 cds were by:  Frankie Bones, Bad Boy Bill, Paul oakenfold, John Digweed and MOBY (early moby)

PDub
I started out with Fat Boy Slim. and Paul Oakenfold. then unfortunately moved on to hhc. replaced that with house. stayed with house for years... gradually became more interested in jungle and dnb. and now I basicallly like it all but I'd prefer dnb or some funky house.

I sometimes listen to swing and jazz music. don't hate.

Shakin2daBeat420
Premium Member
Post from PDubI started out with Fat Boy Slim. and Paul Oakenfold. then unfortunately moved on to hhc. replaced that with house. stayed with house for years... gradually became more interested in jungle and dnb. and now I basicallly like it all but I'd prefer dnb or some funky house.

I sometimes listen to swing and jazz music. don't hate.
i would like to learn swing dancing.. lol.. i think it would be fun

"Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money." Robin Williams
DOJA
x2. fatboyslim is what got me into electronic music.
from there it was bad boy bill, carl cox, essential mixes and breezeblock and tons and tons of tapes and cds from various djs handing them out and raymond.

PDub
Post from Shakin2daBeat420i would like to learn swing dancing.. lol.. i think it would be fun
it totally is. I learned it quickly cause our class was all types of ballroom dancing but I wanna take an all swing dancing class. it rules.

SARA
Post from CubanBYUK @ folks who started out with H2BH cds.   I know the selection at the stores was bad years ago but my eyes were never attracted to those cds.  

And here I thought I started out bad but my first 5 cds were by:  Frankie Bones, Bad Boy Bill, Paul oakenfold, John Digweed and MOBY (early moby)
correction. i just realized that i did start out with moby and fat boy slim. i just didn't consider it because it was mainstream.

after that i moved onto keoki and paul oakenfold, then onto the h2bhc, then onto dj sammy, then dj tiesto, then dj skribble.

dj skribble's essential spring break 2001 was the first cd i had that had any validity to it. that was the first "house" cd i owned, and i still listen to frequently now. aside from sandstorm it had some really good tracks on it.

i has the dum today. ugh. can't keep stuff straight lol.

SARA
the disco house station on di.fm is my absolute fav. i could listen to it 24/7.

CubanB
Post from DOJAx2. fatboyslim is what got me into electronic music.
from there it was bad boy bill, carl cox, essential mixes and breezeblock and tons and tons of tapes and cds from various djs handing them out and raymond.

Essential mixes have always been a good place for people to find quality music.

I think anyone that is new to the scene should have to listen to essential mixes for a year.

CubanB
BTW there are countless Dancing, what you first listened to and what is wrong with the scene threads on this board.

poptart
Post from SARAcorrection. i just realized that i did start out with moby and fat boy slim. i just didn't consider it because it was mainstream.

after that i moved onto keoki and paul oakenfold, then onto the h2bhc, then onto dj sammy, then dj tiesto, then dj skribble.

dj skribble's essential spring break 2001 was the first cd i had that had any validity to it. that was the first "house" cd i owned, and i still listen to frequently now. aside from sandstorm it had some really good tracks on it.

i has the dum today. ugh. can't keep stuff straight lol.
I also have this correction. My dad bought me a Fat Boy Slim cd when I was 11-12 and I listened to it all the time.

PDub
Post from CubanBBTW there are countless Dancing, what you first listened to and what is wrong with the scene threads on this board.
no way dude.

alucard666
If I didn't dance at party's I would get bored.

I think Keokis Speed Racer tape was my first, then an Ed rush and Optical mix tape (Mmmmm Alien girl), then I found Bonkers 1 and became addicted to hardcore.

1 2 3 4 5

Main MessageBoard / EPIC Threads /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout