Main MessageBoard / EPIC Threads /

1 2 3 4 5
Nature
Premium Member
I love it when that happens.

HEY REMEMBER WHEN: people used to travel for hours to a party just to see their favorite DJ, and stay sober and dance so they can remember, and then talk about the tracks they played?

-CN
SARA
I think the old schoolers need to hold dance classes for the new schoolers.

DOJA
I still like to travel to see good music and get the funk on. . . ?

LatentDelusion
I wish I knew how to dance.  :[

You can usually see me flailing like an idiot and doing awkward things with my feet.

What we observe as material bodies and forces are nothing but shapes and variations in the structure of space.
sarahbear
yep. i also remember when parties had different genres, and not just dubstep on multiple stages.

gimme somethin to dance to, and i'll dance!

i'm just a figment of Lolli's imagination............
SouthSideJoey
I agree about the dancing kids dont really dance. Or at least put some effort into it. But alot of oldskoolers do complain about the new kids not dancing. But how many of the oldskoolers do you see dancing????
IMO that why the new kids suck at dancing because they dont have nobody to watch and learn from like we all did.

TBOT3001
Post from SARAI think the old schoolers need to hold dance classes for the new schoolers.
agreed. people used to take that shit seriously back in the day.

LOLLI
If hear something really banging, I dance.   I learned by watching other people dance.   Copy how other people are dancing to start and then change it some.

tst
LatentDelusion
I'd gladly pay for lessons.

What we observe as material bodies and forces are nothing but shapes and variations in the structure of space.
J
Post from SouthSideJoeyI agree about the dancing kids dont really dance. Or at least put some effort into it. But alot of oldskoolers do complain about the new kids not dancing. But how many of the oldskoolers do you see dancing????
IMO that why the new kids suck at dancing because they dont have nobody to watch and learn from like we all did.
Last time I danced allot was stanton wariors.  I normally only dance for solid mixes.  I hear great tracks all the time, they're boring unless properly mixed imo.

Someone with a ton of money should bring in the Plump DJs and see how many people dance.

SARA
Post from JLast time I danced allot was stanton wariors.  I normally only dance for solid mixes.  I hear great tracks all the time, they're boring unless properly mixed imo.

Someone with a ton of money should bring in the Plump DJs and see how many people dance.
stanton warriors was a great show. i danced my ass off there.

the last party i danced nonstop at was deadmau5 in cleveland. i rarely find music that i can lose myself in anymore that i can just dance for hours. to me it becomes a trance, a mindset... my body acts out how my mind is feeling. and honestly... not a lot gets me to that level anymore.

SARA
Post from TBOT3001agreed. people used to take that shit seriously back in the day.
everytime i'm out with shag and rich, i just stare in awe as they dance. i wish i could be at that level. it just seems like the music flows through them and energizes every movement.

i always would ask rich to teach me how to dance... he said just watch people, make it your own, and you're dancing. honestly though, i just do whatever the fuck i feel now. i'll already look better than most people because more than half of them aren't even attempting to dance. i feel like my movements aren't smooth enough. not that i think the only type of dancing is liquid.. meh. but i wish i could get that awesome piece of advice that would help with that part of dancing.

doog
Premium Member
Post from NatureI love it when that happens.

HEY REMEMBER WHEN: people used to travel for hours to a party just to see their favorite DJ, and stay sober and dance so they can remember, and then talk about the tracks they played?

No.  I never once experienced this.  Honestly I never did.

CubanB
I see people dancing at parties now.  It makes me happy to see it more.    

Its a lot more clubby looking though.  Kids dont really get full on skankin and I dont think they know too much about that.  Then again that was more a house/techno/breaks thing.  Back when those genres were on top.  

TBOT3001
Post from CubanBI see people dancing at parties now.  It makes me happy to see it more.    

Its a lot more clubby looking though.  Kids dont really get full on skankin and I dont think they know too much about that.  Then again that was more a house/techno/breaks thing.  Back when those genres were on top.  
i alwasy thought about that whole skankin' at the rave thing that used to go down way back when...

pop punk/ska was pretty big at the end of the nineties and a lot of people moved from that scene to the rave scene when ska died out.  they brought the dancing with them, but then expanded on it.  

doog
Premium Member
When I dance to dnb i def. get my skank on.  The styles are so similar!

LOLLI
Post from TBOT3001i alwasy thought about that whole skankin' at the rave thing that used to go down way back when...

pop punk/ska was pretty big at the end of the nineties and a lot of people moved from that scene to the rave scene when ska died out.  they brought the dancing with them, but then expanded on it.  

Hell yeah dude.   I used to go to see The Toasters and the Dance Hall Crashers all the time.  

tst
CubanB
Post from TBOT3001i alwasy thought about that whole skankin' at the rave thing that used to go down way back when...

I dont think that's the way it went though.  lol.  The 4 to the floor beat skank came before the 90's imo.   Black people created it.   And techno.   And most every other form of music/dance that is considered part of American culture.

DOJA
the iphone skank...

CubanB
Post from CubanBI dont think that's the way it went though.  lol.  The 4 to the floor beat skank came before the 90's imo.   Black people created it.   And techno.   And most every other form of music/dance that is considered part of American culture.
I'd actually say that late 90's rave dancing was a deteriorated form of dance from 80's dancing.    Early 90's likely had better dancing than the late 90's dancing you (tanner) and I experienced.    That is my theory on that.

Chief
Post from SARAI think the old schoolers need to hold dance classes for the new schoolers.
How old is "old school"? I want to know how long I would have to wait to get that title.

As for dancing, I don't do it that often anymore. I like to people watch. I used to always be on the dancefloor when I lived in Pgh, but now I'm usually found on the sidelines. However, I was at Nocturnal Festival in Los Angeles the other month and danced my ass off! It felt really good.

SARA
Post from ChiefHow old is "old school"? I want to know how long I would have to wait to get that title.

As for dancing, I don't do it that often anymore. I like to people watch. I used to always be on the dancefloor when I lived in Pgh, but now I'm usually found on the sidelines. However, I was at Nocturnal Festival in Los Angeles the other month and danced my ass off! It felt really good.
I'm thinking people that were around from the 90's up to like 2001 or 2002.

I just don't really consider someone whose first party was in like 2003 on to be considered old school, since they weren't even around for the real rave days.

DOJA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POKipOsa-8A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uepu0axxMUo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-XWQBxWO-A

DOJA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC4DvPgy-vk
kinda makes ya wanna dance :P

Chief
Post from SARAI'm thinking people that were around from the 90's up to like 2001 or 2002.

I just don't really consider someone whose first party was in like 2003 on to be considered old school, since they weren't even around for the real rave days.
Damn. Right on the cusp! Give me a couple more years, and I'll return as an "old schooler"

1 2 3 4 5

Main MessageBoard / EPIC Threads /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are
New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout