Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /

1 2
LOLLI

I think I finally figured out how to handle large file uploads.   So this means that I'm going to be totally rewriting the Music & Artists page and the Share Music post message page.   You'll upload your mixes directly to lolli.org and they'll be hosted and streamed from here.

tst
SARA
smarty pants!!

NCBST2002
I came here cuz I thought Sara had posted a mix....I am now disappointed :(

SARA
I tell you I did not mean to disappoint.

I has the sad.

JodoKaast
Seems like that'll be quite a space hog and bandwidth consumer. I would imagine people will take advantage of it a lot. Out of curiosity, did you figure something out to make it work well as is, or is it kind of just a "throw more resources at it" kind of problem?

Thanks for the work!

LOLLI
Allowing users to upload large files is a hurdle in the .net world.   Users are either forced to write an HTTPHandler or a HTTPModule.   Microsoft has released a new AJAX Toolkit File Uploader control.

http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/AsyncFileUpload/AsyncFileUpload.aspx

It basically allows the user to upload a file into their Session and then it's saved to the server.    I have reserved space on a new server just to host and stream mixes.    All of the stream-able mixes on lolli are currently hosted there and it's working out well.   The new server has a medium trust environment, so that means I couldn't write a large file uploader using a HTTPHandler or a HTTPModule.   This AsyncFileUpload control allows me to.

I'm going to be accepting up to 200 meg mixes.   The bandwidth from hosting and streaming these mixes will not affect lolli because they're hosted on a seperate server.

There are a few downsides to using this object:
- There isn't a progress bar.   You have to wait.
- Once you start the upload, you can't stop it.

I think these are minor inconveniences for the ability gained.

tst
LOLLI
Ok guys, I'm almost done!   I finished the file uploader code yesterday.   Users can upload up to 200MB mixes.    I'm now converting all current music & artists to the new system.    The current method of adding your music has been shut down just now.   I'll reopen it after I'm done converting current Music & Artists.

tst
abZ
Nice one Rich, I'll be adding some shit.

You should add like a random stream button or like lolli radio with a random playlist.  That would be kewl.

funkreformer
yer fugging sweet, lolli!

"Funny how you never notice the potholes until yer in the trunk." - my neighbor
EricBliss
Post from LOLLI
I think I finally figured out how to handle large file uploads.   So this means that I'm going to be totally rewriting the Music & Artists page and the Share Music post message page.   You'll upload your mixes directly to lolli.org and they'll be hosted and streamed from here.
Is it going to stay the same where we can upload our links in the music and artists section so we can keep track of our downloads on our personal hosts, or are you doing away with that and having a strictly lolli player?  

Check out some mixes!  Trance and breaks.  http://lolli.org/Artists/Eric-Bliss.aspx  and also www.deejay-mixes.com/Eric_Bliss
Dj7Levin
Post from abZNice one Rich, I'll be adding some shit.

You should add like a random stream button or like lolli radio with a random playlist.  That would be kewl.
live online lolli radio would be awesome!

Check out our New 81 Massive website: http://www.81massive.com
Dj7Levin
there should be a lolli.org monthly mix. Every month just have a different dj do a mix for the site, kinda like the essential mix on radio 1.

Check out our New 81 Massive website: http://www.81massive.com
LOLLI
Post from EricBlissIs it going to stay the same where we can upload our links in the music and artists section so we can keep track of our downloads on our personal hosts, or are you doing away with that and having a strictly lolli player?  

no, you upload to lolli.  It's hosted on lolli and both streamed and downloaded from lolli.

I'll be adding a lolli music player to whomever's profiles what it.   For the DJs uploading music, you'll have a special tab listing everything you've uploaded.

tst
EricBliss
Post from LOLLI
no, you upload to lolli.  It's hosted on lolli and both streamed and downloaded from lolli.

I'll be adding a lolli music player to whomever's profiles what it.   For the DJs uploading music, you'll have a special tab listing everything you've uploaded.
Oh ok gotcha man.

That's still good stuff!  Time to get those hot lolli exclusives polished up and ready to put out! :-D

Check out some mixes!  Trance and breaks.  http://lolli.org/Artists/Eric-Bliss.aspx  and also www.deejay-mixes.com/Eric_Bliss
abZ
Post from Dj7Levinthere should be a lolli.org monthly mix. Every month just have a different dj do a mix for the site, kinda like the essential mix on radio 1.
That actually would be cool.  Have the tracklisting and stuff on the main page of lolli for a month.  That would be totally up to Rich tho.  I wouldn't really want to go with a voting system or anything like that.  

LOLLI
Post from abZThat actually would be cool.  Have the tracklisting and stuff on the main page of lolli for a month.  That would be totally up to Rich tho.  I wouldn't really want to go with a voting system or anything like that.  

I'm down for hosting exclusive mixes.  Hell yeah.  I'll put them on the main page.

tst
mitch
Just wanted to say the mix downloading function looks great.  Well played old boy.

LOLLI
Post from mitchJust wanted to say the mix downloading function looks great.  Well played old boy.

Thanks Mitch.  Everything is stream-able now.   I'm still working on a main Artists page.    Be sure to checkout the "Music Charts" page though.

tst
LOLLI

DJ's, if you need to edit your mix information or your DJ profile, click the MY MUSIC link to the left.

tst
Tbone
Each time I try to post my mix everything seems to go well untill after the upload from my computer it sends me back to the "Step 1" page.  After a second attempt I get an error message that the file I've uploaded already exhists on your server.  I can't seem to get to the "Artist Info" or step three.  I'm sure it's me doing something wrong but I still need help.

Thanks!
Bob Teagarden

Funk Tea
LOLLI
Post from TboneEach time I try to post my mix everything seems to go well untill after the upload from my computer it sends me back to the "Step 1" page.  After a second attempt I get an error message that the file I've uploaded already exhists on your server.  I can't seem to get to the "Artist Info" or step three.  I'm sure it's me doing something wrong but I still need help.

Thanks!
Bob Teagarden

Is your filesize under 200 meg and in .mp3 format?

Also, you need javascript fully enabled for this website.   If you have some type of javascript blocking, the uploader page will not work.

tst
LOLLI

I just noticed that some of you guys haven't been able to the see the "My Music" link to the left.  I just fixed this.   Use the My Music page to edit your artist info and mix info.

tst
rukkus
Is there a way to generate a link to a download page for an artists mixes?

Like www.lolli.org/rukkus sends you to a page where you can download or listen to any of my mixes.

CUTUPS
Post from rukkusIs there a way to generate a link to a download page for an artists mixes?

Like www.lolli.org/rukkus sends you to a page where you can download or listen to any of my mixes.
http://lolli.org/Artists/Rukkus.aspx

SHOWS >> 1.20 BASS THERAPY w/ Cutups, Keeb$ + @ Levels Southside | 1.27 MUSTARD PIMP @ Altar Bar | 2.2 LAZERCRUNK w/ Thunder St. Clair & Tracksploitation @ Brillobox | 2.4 ILLUSIONS w/ Mascara & Rivka @ Cattivo
LOLLI

I'm building an Artists page right now.   But if you click on any of the artist names on the Mixes webpage, you'll be taken to your that DJ's profile.

tst
1 2

Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout