Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /

1 2
CubanB
I often miss the page number and hit the thread name and then the thread opens on page 1 and then I have to get to the last page from there.    I don't know if this annoys anyone else.

I think it should work the opposite, threads should open on the last page as the default when you click on the title and if you want to go to page 1 you need to click on the 1.

esbeekay
Post from CubanBI often miss the page number and hit the thread name and then the thread opens on page 1 and then I have to get to the last page from there.    I don't know if this annoys anyone else.

I think it should work the opposite, threads should open on the last page as the default when you click on the title and if you want to go to page 1 you need to click on the 1.

lol i do this all the time too, i figured i was just a dumbass

mitch
See, the same thing was happening to me, but I swore I was hitting the last page and thought it was some sort of bug or malfunction.  Maybe I was just missing, but it happens a lot.  

holly
Premium Member
i was thinking about this too awhile ago.. because i do this too. it would make things easier, but whatever. i can be more careful when i click on things. lol.

LOLLI
If you click on a page number, it goes to that page.

If you click on the thread name, it goes to page 1.

If you click on the background of the thread, it goes to page 1.

You want to re-wire the last two to go the last page?    How do other websites do it?

tst
CubanB
Post from LOLLIIf you click on a page number, it goes to that page.

If you click on the thread name, it goes to page 1.

If you click on the background of the thread, it goes to page 1.

You want to re-wire the last two to go the last page?    How do other websites do it?
I really only go on humanaut other than this.    Humanaut goes to the last place you were at in the thread.    If its the first time you open it, then it goes to page 1.    But after that it goes to your last post on whatever page that was.

I dont know if you need to get all tricky like that, but simply making the last page the default would make my lolli experience a lot smoother.  

Judging from the other people in this thread, Id say that change would make more people than just me have a smoother lolli experience.  

grumpyoldman
Post from CubanBI really only go on humanaut other than this.    Humanaut goes to the last place you were at in the thread.    If its the first time you open it, then it goes to page 1.    But after that it goes to your last post on whatever page that was.

I dont know if you need to get all tricky like that, but simply making the last page the default would make my lolli experience a lot smoother.  

Judging from the other people in this thread, Id say that change would make more people than just me have a smoother lolli experience.  
as much as i know you love to tinker with the code....

your already flagging whether a thread has been read or not (the New icon) in that case the default should be to first page.

if the threaad has already been viewed, most current would be acceptable as default.

whichever page you last looked at and centered to the last entry viewed would be ideal, but like i said, i know it's a pain to tinker with code. specially where its working.

i put a candle in the window for You, but the curtains caught fire.
LOLLI
Post from grumpyoldmanas much as i know you love to tinker with the code....

your already flagging whether a thread has been read or not (the New icon) in that case the default should be to first page.

if the threaad has already been viewed, most current would be acceptable as default.

whichever page you last looked at and centered to the last entry viewed would be ideal, but like i said, i know it's a pain to tinker with code. specially where its working.

yeah, i was thinking the same thing.   I can tweak code.  Give me a few minutes.

tst
MEZZANINE
A big "LAST PAGE" button or something would be a lot easier to click than the small little numbers...

Jus' sayin' dawgg!

SARA
Yes I told you when you were coding that that I thought it was weird and a pain that it went to page one.

Shows how much my opinion matters. Pfft!!!

LOLLI
Post from SARAYes I told you when you were coding that that I thought it was weird and a pain that it went to page one.

Shows how much my opinion matters. Pfft!!!

Who are you again?

tst
SARA
Post from LOLLI
Who are you again?
MIKE JONES!

grumpyoldman
Post from SARAMIKE JONES!
now, now.....

(pssst, i'm available, if Mike isn't!  lol...)

grumpyoldman
and i frequently use the numbered page buttons to scroll back when theres a response on the new page, but i wanna see what sum duckface is responding too.

but at some point, putting up a new page button for every page, is gonna fill the page all by itself.  most sites ive seen, will only show the first and the last 5. with a running scroll and you move thru them.

LOLLI

Ok, I updated code.   Test.

tst
CubanB
Definitely better,  now I dont have to aim, I just click on the title area.

Thanks!

Messiahcorps
Post from CubanBDefinitely better,  now I dont have to aim, I just click on the title area.

Thanks!
It's just like peein' in the woods; no need to aim.

MessiahCorps - Start A Revolution : FREE : http://foreignsound.dk/music/ill041/ill041.zip
grumpyoldman
Post from MessiahcorpsIt's just like peein' in the woods; no need to aim.
just go out of the tent first, and make sure you're not standing over your gf? that is, unless she LIKES the golden  showers?

grumpyoldman
Post from LOLLI
Ok, I updated code.   Test.
just clicked on the sober thread in anon, it went to the first page again...
did you make the code change universal, or do an automated code backup that restored an older version?

LOLLI
Post from grumpyoldmanjust clicked on the sober thread in anon, it went to the first page again...
did you make the code change universal, or do an automated code backup that restored an older version?

I can't reproduce your issue.

If you click the "your first SOBER party" link and you've read the thread before, it should go to page 2.

If you click the highlighted background for the "your first SOBER party" thread, and you've read the thread before, it should go to page 2.

tst
CubanB
Sounds like someone Drunk is trying to get into the Your first SOBER party thread.

grumpyoldman
really hat to be a pain in the ass here.
clicked on halloween 2009 thread, and it went to the first page.

went to another thread, then came back and retried... it went to the first page again.

did you apply the page location code universally, or on a thread by thread basis?

i would think that inheiritance should cover it all, but not sure if asp handles class inheiritance...

LOLLI
Post from grumpyoldmanreally hat to be a pain in the ass here.
clicked on halloween 2009 thread, and it went to the first page.

went to another thread, then came back and retried... it went to the first page again.

did you apply the page location code universally, or on a thread by thread basis?

i would think that inheiritance should cover it all, but not sure if asp handles class inheiritance...
You seem to be the only person with this problem.   Yes, everything thread follows each view.   I have a feeling it's your browser.   Are you hitting the BACK button instead of reloading the main messagboard page?

tst
grumpyoldman
Post from LOLLIYou seem to be the only person with this problem.   Yes, everything thread follows each view.   I have a feeling it's your browser.   Are you hitting the BACK button instead of reloading the main messagboard page?
i'm scrolling thru the golden bb's.

i've hit 4 different multipage threads, and each one acts the same. yesterday it was fine.

i'm using slimbrowser, that is built as a shell to the ie engine.

and yea, i'm going back to messageboard as a test. and hitting reload.

are you using browser specific code? i know it's easier to let the browser cary the load, but less portable. chrome and operaa don't even try to be compatible. foxfire is way popular, so the code it out there, but i've got a limited resourses netbook to use, and large browsers just won't fit.

only 4gig of chip drive as a c: and xp sucks most of that. but 500meg of ram, so thats not the issue.

grumpyoldman
tried clicking on the text button. tried clicking on the bar space. no go.

but if it's just me, don't sweat it. i can pay more attention to where i click... or deal with the extra scrolling if i miss.

not like i have anything else to do these days.

1 2

Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout