Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /

2 3 4 5 6
abZ
Rough cell phone pic here but getting the studio cleaned for photography later.  This is the production side with new hs80m which are fucking amazing.  I managed to get my wifes 19" that matched mine so I could toss the old crt out the window finally.  To the right of this desk is where the decks are.  I have my old Truths set up there directly to the mixer and I have it set up so I can turn up the Yamaha's too when I dj.  Pretty nice.  I used to just use the Truths to monitor as they set on the other desk so I could only monitor on one side.  This change pleases me.

JohnWayne
Premium Member
^^^lookin good for dubstep..

Gunther
Post from abZRough cell phone pic here but getting the studio cleaned for photography later.  This is the production side with new hs80m which are fucking amazing.  I managed to get my wifes 19" that matched mine so I could toss the old crt out the window finally.  To the right of this desk is where the decks are.  I have my old Truths set up there directly to the mixer and I have it set up so I can turn up the Yamaha's too when I dj.  Pretty nice.  I used to just use the Truths to monitor as they set on the other desk so I could only monitor on one side.  This change pleases me.

Is that a bowl hemo's and a lighter? =)

abZ
Post from GuntherIs that a bowl hemo's and a lighter? =)
Essential production gear no?

TheScythian462
Post from abZEssential production gear no?

yes it is.

if it isn't, you probably suck and should stop.

Gunther
Post from abZEssential production gear no?

I couldnt agree more lol

incydeout
Looks like a few of you have those Yamaha HS80M's in your studios... I've been thinking about picking up a pair. How do you like em?

abZ
Post from incydeoutLooks like a few of you have those Yamaha HS80M's in your studios... I've been thinking about picking up a pair. How do you like em?
I was tossing around the idea of getting some more expensive speakers but the Yams came highly recommended by so many people that own them.  I struggled to find any negative reviews.  They are really clear and clean from top to bottom.  The bottom is what impresses me the most.  Really nice separation with the kick and sub.  I haven't hear any speakers even close to the price range that have the clarity in the low end.  Adding the sub is not even necessary.  It is pretty flat down to close the 40 hertz.  The sub will fill the rest in perfectly tho.  I believe the other couple posters have the 5" tops.  They seem to be happy with them.  I have heard they aren't as flat tho and not as loud also you pretty much have to use the sub.  I'd rather have the option with the late night sessions.  I got mine at pianos and stuff, they were having their march madness sale and had them marked down to 550 for the pair which imo is a great deal.  At guitar center they are listed at 399 a piece.  

incydeout
Nice. If I can find 'em for that much that'd be perfect. My akais from the 60's are better than nothing, but they're just not cutting it anymore.

abZ
Post from incydeoutNice. If I can find 'em for that much that'd be perfect. My akais from the 60's are better than nothing, but they're just not cutting it anymore.
You have some classic gear?  I'd like to check those out.  I think you can still get the Yams at that price at Pianosnstuff but you only have a couple days.  Tuesday it ends I think.  

incydeout
Crap, I'm not anywhere close to Pitt!

The monitors are Akai St-100, I haven't been able to find any info on them anywhere. They're in a pic I posted earlier in this thread.

JohnWayne
Premium Member
HD 25-1 II

ybnormal
2 Technic M3Ds, A Pioneer 400 mixer, Serato, and about 500  Vinyl

Lolli should learn the meaning of P.L.U.R.
abZ
Good timing for this thread to pop back up.  Snapped a pic of the updated rig just the other day.

Then the second output of the mixer goes into this side, when I dj I can crank on all 4 monitors it's like surround djing heheh

DJDantron

11/7 7:45:50 PM  brittanyntommy :  them girls  are too young to have aids  plus lesbian sex  is mostly safe
JodoKaast
From earlier in the year:

Roundabouts now:

louieb
hercules rmx-software to go with
labtop
Shure SRH750DJ headphone
2 jbl sf25
novation xio synth
fl studio 8
a old ass table dont even know info on it
numark TT200
some vinyl
Looking for a power amp once i get some damn cash.
Yah i buy almost everything used lol.

esbeekay
nice vhs collection

puppetslave
Post from abZGood timing for this thread to pop back up.  Snapped a pic of the updated rig just the other day.

Then the second output of the mixer goes into this side, when I dj I can crank on all 4 monitors it's like surround djing heheh

nice to see someone else out there using torq.

abZ
Yeah I have been using it for 2 years, it does the trick. I use the 45rpm vinyls from mspinky btw, highly recomended.  Will run you about 50 bucks for two with shipping and everything.  Though I hate to disappoint , I should be moving to serato in the near future. I don't really NEED to, it's more of a luxury move but there are just a couple small reasons that will have me moving on.

puppetslave
Post from abZYeah I have been using it for 2 years, it does the trick. I use the 45rpm vinyls from mspinky btw, highly recomended.  Will run you about 50 bucks for two with shipping and everything.  Though I hate to disappoint , I should be moving to serato in the near future. I don't really NEED to, it's more of a luxury move but there are just a couple small reasons that will have me moving on.
thanks for the recommendation, definitely checking those out.

JohnWayne
Premium Member
BuMP

BlackDaddy
a shitty gemini cdm 3600 :|

"2012 - The whole world goes silent after the last rave whistle is blown"
BlackDaddy
i dont have a pic of how its set up if thats wat ur askin for.
small house, they go in hiding when im not usin :p

"2012 - The whole world goes silent after the last rave whistle is blown"
TheScythian462
Hopefully picking up some Mackie MR8s soon.  Blew the snot out of those Rubicon R5As.  

Perhaps I'll take a picture of myself looking jovial next to them.

2 3 4 5 6

Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout