Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /

2 3 4 5 6
abZ
Post from EVILCYBORGHere's a couple new additions to the studio since my last post.

From the top:

Prophet 08 synth module
Mopho mono synth
Tascam Dr07 field recorder
Bongos
Akai s900 12 bit sampler (I've had this forever, just got it out of storage)

Anyone looking to get a analog synth on a budget, look no further than the Mopho. At $399, it's a fucking beast. The filters, envelope and raw ass sound this thing can generate is just fantastic. I like more than the Moog offerings which are shit loads more money. Thick bass for days. The field recorder is probably my favorite (and least expensive) of the lot. Recording your own sounds has took my music making to another level. It's just so fun.
Damn spending some loot on the kit there I see.  I used to have an Akai 12bit sampler it was the the cheapest one in that line.  I traded it off a long time ago.  

I am looking to upgrade my monitors this year at some point.  That's about it for me.  Was looking at the Adam's and Dynaudio's but I might just get the Yamaha HS80m  I have gotten so many recomendations on them and they are way cheap.  They have a sub that goes with it for reasonable too.  

Gunther
Post from incydeoutDude, it's invaluable just as a midi controller... I use it way more than my ReMote just because it slides under the desk. Tiny keys are good for people that never learned how to play piano
I bought one when they first came out and I loved the sound out of it. It was one of the things I sacrificed when I moved out west. I didnt like the small keys but I have yet to use another vocoder that sounded as good as that one.

incydeout
Post from GuntherI bought one when they first came out and I loved the sound out of it. It was one of the things I sacrificed when I moved out west. I didnt like the small keys but I have yet to use another vocoder that sounded as good as that one.
Yeah, the arpeggiator it has is something that you can't really get in too many other places either. That's the main reason I bought it in the first place...

JohnWayne
Premium Member
Post from abZDamn spending some loot on the kit there I see.  I used to have an Akai 12bit sampler it was the the cheapest one in that line.  I traded it off a long time ago.  

I am looking to upgrade my monitors this year at some point.  That's about it for me.  Was looking at the Adam's and Dynaudio's but I might just get the Yamaha HS80m  I have gotten so many recomendations on them and they are way cheap.  They have a sub that goes with it for reasonable too.  
The Yamaha monitors rock so does the sub.

ROBBIE
yeah doog(my roommate)  has the yamaha's. they are great.

abZ
Post from JohnWayneThe Yamaha monitors rock so does the sub.
Looks like the 50's in your pic there tho eh?

JohnWayne
Premium Member
Yep. I got the 50's with the sub. Whatever you get 50's, 80's, krk's, mackies, ADAMS make sure you get the sub.  I took a CD to Piano's and stuff and they have a whole room full of every type of studio monitor and subwoofer you could want to listen to.

abZ
Post from JohnWayneYep. I got the 50's with the sub. Whatever you get 50's, 80's, krk's, mackies, ADAMS make sure you get the sub.  I took a CD to Piano's and stuff and they have a whole room full of every type of studio monitor and subwoofer you could want to listen to.
I want the sub but they can be problematic if your room isnt properly treated.  I have been mixing down for years without one so no big deal.  

Gunther
Post from abZLooks like the 50's in your pic there tho eh?

Im using the same... they sound awesome.

abZ
Post from GuntherIm using the same... they sound awesome.
Cool I am defo getting the 80's tho, I am told they are flatter and they defo don't sound the same.  It is temping something like 750 for the 2.1 but I'd rather pay the grand or just get the 80's and the sub later.  I just can't imagine using anything less than an 8' woof.  

abZ
Post from abZCool I am defo getting the 80's tho, I am told they are flatter and they defo don't sound the same.  It is temping something like 750 for the 2.1 but I'd rather pay the grand or just get the 80's and the sub later.  I just can't imagine using anything less than an 8' woof.  
Ha did I just say 8 foot woof?  Yeah that's right.

adonis
JohnWayne-  Your rane is flippin' sweet.

(bigB sound,NPP sound, FULL HOUSE)
JohnWayne
Premium Member
Post from adonisJohnWayne-  Your rane is flippin' sweet.
Thanks dude, a few of us in this thread are using the 56s.  I can't say enough good things about the Rane family of mixers.  Rumor has it Rane/Serato/ableton got something cooking up for the Jan 14 at NAMM 2010 show.

Gunther
re-upped.

This is so new that Rukkus hasnt even seen it yet. He's probably going to see this at work in the morning before seeing it in person.

rukkus
NICE! That's what i'm talking about!

MEZZANINE
What are those creepy crawlies doing on your LCD monitor stand???

tika
Post from MEZZANINEWhat are those creepy crawlies doing on your LCD monitor stand???
lol bar 11 crabs

Queen of the Lolli.org Paparazzi // mixes, pics, fun stuff -> kooterkore.com
rukkus
I think my bookshelf is failing. :-( it's leaning 2 inches to the left all of the sudden, the door doesn't open all the way anymore.

Gunther
Post from rukkusI think my bookshelf is failing. :-( it's leaning 2 inches to the left all of the sudden, the door doesn't open all the way anymore.
those 13X13 Ikea block maybe the answer. There is a lot of weight on that book shelf. We can throw some shims under it like we did with the pool table.

incydeout
Post from Guntherre-upped.

This is so new that Rukkus hasnt even seen it yet. He's probably going to see this at work in the morning before seeing it in person.

I *might* have to buy a desk like that and copy the way it's set up. Exactly. Working with a laptop gets kinda messy... looks like you win though.

EVILCYBORG
New addition. Shit's getting out of control:

abZ
Post from EVILCYBORGNew addition. Shit's getting out of control:

Holy shit bro.  I can tell you wear the pants in the family.  That is admirable.  When you gonna host the abZ in a studio sesh?

TheScythian462

Really simple setup, but extremely functional.

Powerspec PC
Ableton Live 8
M-Audio Keyrig 49
Akai APC40
Samson Rubicon r5a monitors

Also working, currently, pretty much exclusively in Massive.  Also hope to be purchasing max for live soon.  

breakz
a laptop and an undeserved sense of accomplishment

"IN GOD WE TRUST" IS BULLSHIT AND FREEDOM WILL NEVER RING THE DOLLAR BILL IS NOTHING BUT IT TENDS TO RUN OUR LIVES EACH BILL IS JUST A LINK IN THE SHACKLES OF OUR PRIDE
breakz
i wnt the 2 am slot... waaah

"IN GOD WE TRUST" IS BULLSHIT AND FREEDOM WILL NEVER RING THE DOLLAR BILL IS NOTHING BUT IT TENDS TO RUN OUR LIVES EACH BILL IS JUST A LINK IN THE SHACKLES OF OUR PRIDE
2 3 4 5 6

Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout