Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /

1 2 3 4 5
CUTUPS
Just an informal poll.  DJs (of any level):

what do you use?  turntables + vinyl?  cdj?  serato?  traktor?
some combination of these?  or something else...?

SHOWS >> 1.20 BASS THERAPY w/ Cutups, Keeb$ + @ Levels Southside | 1.27 MUSTARD PIMP @ Altar Bar | 2.2 LAZERCRUNK w/ Thunder St. Clair & Tracksploitation @ Brillobox | 2.4 ILLUSIONS w/ Mascara & Rivka @ Cattivo
junglejake
one technic 1200 mk2, one numark ttx (actually more torque than technic and pitch fader is solid too), 2 channel denon mixer, and i have had todd's 2 denon cd players hooked up for a while now. for speakers i have a pair of alesis mk2 monitors, a 100w x 2 channel amp and a subwoofer that used to be in my car but is now rigged up through a computer power supply.

the speakers on the bottom no longer work, they are just there to raise my alesis monitors to a good hearing level.

CUTUPS
At home I use a pair of Technics 1200's with Shure M44-7 needles, and the Rane TTM56 (2 channel) mixer.   I also have Serato (SL1), powered by a Toshiba laptop with 1GB of RAM and a 300 GB hard drive.  For shows I have an Allan & Heath Xone 62 (6 channel) mixer.

I use a mix of vinyl and digital, but I've definitely gone way more towards digital in the past year.  

SHOWS >> 1.20 BASS THERAPY w/ Cutups, Keeb$ + @ Levels Southside | 1.27 MUSTARD PIMP @ Altar Bar | 2.2 LAZERCRUNK w/ Thunder St. Clair & Tracksploitation @ Brillobox | 2.4 ILLUSIONS w/ Mascara & Rivka @ Cattivo
EricBliss
Current DJ setup is one CDJ400, one CDJ100, and a basic, bare bones numark mixer, which for now is working (I hate that you cant see the actual gain until you pull the fader up, that's so fucking ghetto seriously it makes it really hard to set levels properly) until I can afford a better one.  

My 1200 is getting lonely and gathering dust, and I did have two CDJ500s and a gemini turntable that I traded in to get a little cash off the 400.   I also have an old shelf system stereo that is also working just fine for now.  

A matching 400 is coming soon, as well as a couple flash drives for my music.   After that setup is complete and I set all my cue points I'll be totally portable and ready to rock wherever.  I wont have to use a sensor record, actual record, or cd ever again.  That sounds nice to me.  :-D

Check out some mixes!  Trance and breaks.  http://lolli.org/Artists/Eric-Bliss.aspx  and also www.deejay-mixes.com/Eric_Bliss
MEZZANINE

Everyone post pictures of your setup!!

I will when I get a hold of a camera. I think its fun / interesting to scope out others' workstations and environments!!

esbeekay

-2 Pioneer CD-J 800's
-1 Pioneer DJ-M 400 Mixer
-1 Technic Turntable with a Shure White Label needle.

I also have:

-1 Technic Turntable (but it has a broken tone arm)
-1 Stanton STR-80 (1 of my 2 first turntables)
-1 Old fashioned turntable this guy I work with gave me

Old turntable:

shadowstarr

Mackie HR824 monitors, pioneer cdj800, 2 technic 1200, pioneer djm800, serato.

also seen: random books, dvds, cds, skulls, techno records, cases, receivers, cut up tennis balls, furman power conditioner, akai s01 sampler.

whats this?
esbeekay
ill post up some pics of my record collection later tonight

shadowstarr
sean is that a yoshitosi record?

whats this?
abZ
Been the same for the last 6 years except for Torq which I added 2 years ago.

2 technics 1200
Vestax PMC07
Sure White Labels
Torq/Connective
Compaq laptop - basic single core with 2 gigs ram

Recording and Broadcasting
Quad-core destop pc 4 gigs of ram and Audio Kontrol 1

esbeekay
Post from shadowstarrsean is that a yoshitosi record?
yes sir. pqm's "you are sleeping"

i got to talking about it on facebook with some peeps last night, and hadn't heard it in awhile so i dug it out this morning and gave it a listen

esbeekay
record collection:

TBOT3001
Post from esbeekay

-2 Pioneer CD-J 800's
-1 Pioneer DJ-M 400 Mixer
-1 Technic Turntable with a Shure White Label needle.

I also have:

-1 Technic Turntable (but it has a broken tone arm)
-1 Stanton STR-80 (1 of my 2 first turntables)
-1 Old fashioned turntable this guy I work with gave me

Old turntable:
is that mine?  or do you have a copy too?

J

I'm pretty barebones...  DJM 800, CDJ800 mk2s and a bunch of speakers blasting me in the face.

btw. anyone have any amps for sale?  I'm looking for something between 200 - 300 watts per channel rms.

J
Post from esbeekayyes sir. pqm's "you are sleeping"

i got to talking about it on facebook with some peeps last night, and hadn't heard it in awhile so i dug it out this morning and gave it a listen
That's funny, I just listened to Scott Henry's "The Politics of Sound"  this evening.  That cd never gets old...  

I was at Buzz for his CD release, he dropped that track and everyone in the crowd was like "wtf?".

abZ
Yep I have the same one that I use for production.  They don't sell them anymore tho.  Luckily I bought an extra swinging shelf so I have one for each of my monitors (=

BOINGTHUMP
Premium Member
Ikea "Jerker".  There's a replacement that's not as good but it's name escapes me at the moment.

Also some things just shouldnt be shared with the general population...or even on a message board...definately not here on Lolli.
junglejake
Kirby, records in the basement = crime. move those upstairs!

esbeekay
Post from TBOT3001is that mine?  or do you have a copy too?
no its actually melindas lol

CUTUPS

EricBliss
Post from esbeekayrecord collection:

Eww you drink Arbor Mist.

Check out some mixes!  Trance and breaks.  http://lolli.org/Artists/Eric-Bliss.aspx  and also www.deejay-mixes.com/Eric_Bliss
esbeekay
Post from EricBlissEww you drink Arbor Mist.
lol that and that bottle of beer have been sitting down there for like months, they are from a party we had awhile ago

arbor mist isnt that bad tho. i would never drink it if i was trying to get drunk but it doesnt taste too bad

esbeekay
Post from CUTUPS

cutups, in the second picture, what are you using to store your records?

are those cardboard boxes?

Nature
Premium Member
2 technic 1200 MK5s
1 Rane TTM-56S
2 CDJ-800MK2s.

I play CDs, scratch records, and *gasp!* old vinyl.

-CN
EVILCYBORG
Post from shadowstarr

Mackie HR824 monitors, pioneer cdj800, 2 technic 1200, pioneer djm800, serato.

also seen: random books, dvds, cds, skulls, techno records, cases, receivers, cut up tennis balls, furman power conditioner, akai s01 sampler.
What's up with rocking those monitors sideways? Because they're up so high maybe?

1 2 3 4 5

Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout