Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /

1 2 3
LOLLI

Ok, so I've been working on a lolli.org firefox addon.   It's going to be a small toolbar.   In the addon options, a member will supply his/her lolli.org username and password.   The toolbar will update when the website updates.

What items would you like to see added?

tst
pablo814
Premium Member
New messages, new posts in Gangs you belong to, and new posts in threads you created would be a nice start.

"Honey, I want to do something, we never do anything!" "We are doing something. I'm watching the game and eating a sandwich, and you are making me another sandwich!"
Messiahcorps
Maybe if there's even a way to send an alert when a message of yours has been quoted. So you know when your post is being addressed.

MessiahCorps - Start A Revolution : FREE : http://foreignsound.dk/music/ill041/ill041.zip
pablo814
Premium Member
Post from MessiahcorpsMaybe if there's even a way to send an alert when a message of yours has been quoted. So you know when your post is being addressed.
This would be great. A "regulate on ppl who don't like your opinion" notification.

"Honey, I want to do something, we never do anything!" "We are doing something. I'm watching the game and eating a sandwich, and you are making me another sandwich!"
LOLLI

OK.   I worked all yesterday on this.    It's not as easy as I thought it would be.   Their reference guide isn't easy to read.   I've resorted to reading several "How to build a firefox addon" writeups.

tst
NCBST2002
I should start using firefox huh? lol

LOLLI
Post from NCBST2002I should start using firefox huh? lol

yes.  It's WAY better than IE

tst
Messiahcorps
Post from LOLLI
yes.  It's WAY better than IE
Ewwww.... I can't believe people still use IE.

MessiahCorps - Start A Revolution : FREE : http://foreignsound.dk/music/ill041/ill041.zip
LOLLI
Post from MessiahcorpsEwwww.... I can't believe people still use IE.

I used IE for years before realizing how bad it's to develop exclusively.   My buddy Steve actually pointed it out to me many years later.   He has a Mac with Safari, and I saw half of my stuff wasn't showing up in his web browser.

tst
Messiahcorps
Post from LOLLI
I used IE for years before realizing how bad it's to develop exclusively.   My buddy Steve actually pointed it out to me many years later.   He has a Mac with Safari, and I saw half of my stuff wasn't showing up in his web browser.
I used to bitch about Safari. Now it owns. i put it on my PC at home too :) I'm still a mega fan of FF though.

My prob with IE is all the security holes. There are a few viruses out there that can run IE without a user navigating it. I've had a few computers that have contracted these viruses over the past year, one being my own.

CUTUPS
I sometimes forget that everybody doesn't use Firefox.
It's not perfect (by far), but it's my fav browser.

SHOWS >> 1.20 BASS THERAPY w/ Cutups, Keeb$ + @ Levels Southside | 1.27 MUSTARD PIMP @ Altar Bar | 2.2 LAZERCRUNK w/ Thunder St. Clair & Tracksploitation @ Brillobox | 2.4 ILLUSIONS w/ Mascara & Rivka @ Cattivo
NCBST2002
So im using Firefox now...I love it

Messiahcorps
Post from NCBST2002So im using Firefox now...I love it
Good choice :) IE is sent from hell.

BOINGTHUMP
Premium Member
Post from NCBST2002So im using Firefox now...I love it
Welcome to the future, we missed you.

Also some things just shouldnt be shared with the general population...or even on a message board...definately not here on Lolli.
NCBST2002
Post from BOINGTHUMPWelcome to the future, we missed you.
I know right...I feel like Ive missed so much.  

LOLLI

Lolli.org Firefox Toolbar v1.0

Ok beta testers, here is my first version:

http://www.412wiki.com/lollitoolbar.xpi

Left click this > Open with Firefox.

Install the package and restart firefox.

Click the OPTIONS button to configure your login.   The toolbar will refresh with current updates.   You can click the REFRESH button to manually check for updates.

Please post all errors, etc

tst
BOINGTHUMP
Premium Member
When I'm surfing elsewhere and click one of the lolli related buttons it takes control of the tab i was in. I think it would be better to launch it's own tab.

Also some things just shouldnt be shared with the general population...or even on a message board...definately not here on Lolli.
LOLLI

k, i'll look into how to do a new tab window

tst
pablo814
Premium Member
Works fine as far as I can tell. Fix the tab thing and everything is a-ok!

mitch
I use Chrome, but as of yet there are no add ons.  That is why I have been thinking of using Firefox.  The lolli addon might be the selling point.  Damn you all and your flaming forest dog.

pablo814
Premium Member
Yeah jump on the bandwagon... FF pwns!

I have a sweet lil add-on called FootieFox. I set up which soccer leagues from around the world I want it to monitor, and it keeps track of all the games being played at any given time. There is even a lil "GOAL!!*cheers*" popup in the corner whenever there is a goal! The only drawback is that they have no English language partner, so if I want expanded info on a game I have to decipher some German...

MEZZANINE
Not sure if this is possible, but a scrolling banner of events (just names) that are about to take place (possibly premium only?) would be helpful!

pablo814
Premium Member
Post from MEZZANINENot sure if this is possible, but a scrolling banner of events (just names) that are about to take place (possibly premium only?) would be helpful!
Maybe just the events on that day, all events would be too much...

xdnbxbaybeex
Well I guess this means I should download and install Firefox.  Rich your website owns!  I love how you use the input of the board members to make lolli even better.   Rock the fuck on!  
*gets firefox w/the quickness*

DJTimz0r
i always hated developing for ie, you pretty much have to accommodate it though for mainstream development as it has a pretty large user base =/

1 2 3

Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout