Main MessageBoard / EPIC Threads /

1 2 3 4 5
SARA
Okay... so... there is this chick that just started working with me. She talks to me a lot about her relationship for some reason, and to me it just seems that she's in an uber controlling relationship. For example... the only guy's number she has in her phone is her boyfriends, and she said the same goes for him with her number.  Also... she can't even mention her ex boyfriend to her current boyfriend or he'll break up with her. Like what the fuck. Today she had me look at her ex's myspace to see if he still had pics of her up and she has been bugging me all day because she feels guilty she even looked at his page.

I'm in the most relaxed, yet trusting relationship, so I can't even imagine living like this.  

She's asked me like a thousand times if I woudl worry, and I told her a thousand and one times she's fine. I just feel bad for her.

duchess
How old is this girl?
In general, it sounds like a really immature relationship.

I couldn't imagine being in a relationship like that either.  I don't understand how some people can put up with or or accept it.

Wandering Duchess :: www.lmunshower.com for my expat musings & travelogue, photos, fashion & girly art! <3
SARA
she's 21!

old enough to be out of something like that, imo.

duchess
Post from SARAshe's 21!

old enough to be out of something like that, imo.
Yeah absolutely.

That MySpace/phone# BS is totally ridiculous behavior, like something out of high school, or even younger!

Wandering Duchess :: www.lmunshower.com for my expat musings & travelogue, photos, fashion & girly art! <3
SARA
i used to be in a relationship like that, in highschool. but at this point in life i KNOW that isn't right. but she doesn't even seem to see that its wrong. so i'm thinking should i tell her? should i let it go? like talking to her blows my mind because of all this.

duchess
I dunno...I try to stay out of people business, esp coworkers.
Sounds like some drama better kept as far out of reach as possible.

Maybe say something once, like kinda casually & if she gets is great, if not forget about it.
I've got a feeling she won't get it though.

pablo814
Premium Member
umm, yeah. My g/f was like that. I know alot of girls, and it took her a while to grasp the concept that just because I know/hang out with another girl doesn't mean that we were/are bangin' but she was 19 and I was 22. A few sure, but not all;) The she's still a lil weary of one of my ex's, but it's cuz she causes incidents when she drinks and not out of jealousy(but she definitely veto'd me going to Japan to see her and her husband, on there dime too!).

The jealousy thing has ruined many a relationship, and it sounds like ur friend's is about to become a causality of the green eyed monster!

"Honey, I want to do something, we never do anything!" "We are doing something. I'm watching the game and eating a sandwich, and you are making me another sandwich!"
SARA
yeah.. i 'spose. i just wanted to make sure i wasn't crazy for getting that vibe from her.

djgraph
this is the sort of relationship that turns girls into broken goods after he breaks up with her

i actually miss netic. w/e on all of you
esbeekay
whats love?

SARA
what's it got to do with it?

duchess
Post from esbeekaywhats love?
FUCK as soon as I read that Haddaway's "What is Love" starting blasting in my head.  It's gonna take me forever to get it out too.
Thanks.

It was just in my head last weekend too.  Jeez...

esbeekay
Post from duchessFUCK as soon as I read that Haddaway's "What is Love" starting blasting in my head.  It's gonna take me forever to get it out too.
Thanks.

It was just in my head last weekend too.  Jeez...
lmao I just downloaded a bunch of 90s dance tracks yesterday and was gonna make a mix cd, that included.

I just got it stuck in my own head so its cool ; )

SARA
i got that fat joe song stuck in my head.

SARA
btw, this is love...

[14:46] lollihouse19: i think tonight is lingerie and bj night
[14:46] lollihouse19: let me check my calendar
[14:46] lollihouse19: YEP it is
[14:46] SaRALyNN712: when was THAT day made?
[14:47] lollihouse19: about 5 seconds ago
[14:47] SaRALyNN712: oh okay

pablo814
Premium Member
I like this holiday...

"Honey, I want to do something, we never do anything!" "We are doing something. I'm watching the game and eating a sandwich, and you are making me another sandwich!"
Shakin2daBeat420
Premium Member
my relationship with my dude is like sara and rich.. im only saying that cause ya'll seem like all you do is laugh your ass off at eachother and with eachother. ... you may have some conflict but not a whole lot...

me and my dude joke around like that ll the time.. it is fuckin hilarious- only cause we are so fucking cool! lol

but i am all about humor- no drama.. i hate drama...

all i wanna do is hang around- get wasted.. laugh.. and have sex.. multiple times..

"Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money." Robin Williams
IWannaBeTheDj
Saralynn, it  sounds like your friend is real insecure with herself. Most chicks in relationships like that realize their bad but dont get outta them because their insecure with themselves and feel either A) without that man their nothing, or B) Once outta they relationship they wont be able to find anyone and will be lonely.

Or i may have missed the target completely and she may just be crazy lol.

Parappabug
Post from esbeekaylmao I just downloaded a bunch of 90s dance tracks yesterday and was gonna make a mix cd, that included.

I just got it stuck in my own head so its cool ; )
ooo i want a copy! that is my shit right there! lol

SARA
ya, you got us pegged pretty well. the conflict is like zilch and he's the shiznit.

that's the most important thing to me, is to just have fun.

Chico
This is love.......

holly
Premium Member
Thats a sad story. I think it's ridiculous to be that demanding and controlling over somebody. Jealousy is a big issue.

Maybe she actually likes being controlled like that.. some people like it?? Or maybe he needs to grow up and put his big boy pants on..

I was in a relationship while back and I went out with my good friend from second grade.. I told my boy when he called me..( if i was cheating.. do you think I would answer your calls and tell you where i'm at and who im wth.)expecting things to be fine... he freaked out on me when i got back to his place and he told me he didnt want me hanging out with him.. i said okay cuz i reallly liked him and never saw my friend again. I was soo "goo goo gaa gaa " over this boy that i would have done anything for him to forgive me.. now im like fuck thattt ... if you cant trust me and i cant trust you then i dont even want to start a relationship.. definitely definitely not worth it.

DHPfelony
It's bullshit

but it's also a level of insecurity with him as well

by a guy controlling a girl like that he is keeping her unexposed to the world, therfore never has to worry about her leaving him cause she knows no one else

but insecurity (like jealousy but more so) has fucked up relationships and ruined lives

and people become conditioned this way and its just SICKKKKKKK

Everybody is a DJ ---> Which in turn makes every girl a whore !!!
Jud
Honestly, Its sounds like there is some definite maturity issues in that girls relationship. She's not mature enough to trust him, He's not mature enough to trust her, and neither of them are probably mature enough to stay faithful if really put to the test.

At 21 your not even really an adult yet. You have to know about life before you know yourself. If the person you love hasnt became the person they will be, than you'll find that what you fell in love with wasnt really who they are.

Thats what divorce is for. People who marry before finding themselves,  and then after they do, they find their partners needs and purpose, have gone in a different direction than their own.

As they should, people change as they grow up. Most of us anyhow. No matter how hard we try not to.

chaos.. if theres not enough of it... we'll make more!
djgraph
>>> Maybe she actually likes being controlled like that.. some people like it??

subconsciously, yes.  most people love it.

lots of truth in this thread, glad you guys have good heads on your shoulders =)

i actually miss netic. w/e on all of you
1 2 3 4 5

Main MessageBoard / EPIC Threads /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout