Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /

jskratch
Is the shiznit. Finally made the switch from Final Scratch 2 to SSL. World of difference. Big fan.

Chico
Love it.  Been using it for about a year now.  Best investment I ever made.

Gunther
Original post from jskratch
Is the shiznit. Finally made the switch from Final Scratch 2 to SSL. World of difference. Big fan.
what!?!

I though if anyone you would have made the switch a long time ago.

Best invention ever hands down....

or up.

jskratch
Big Pete... wuddup nackle? Man, i tried to give FS2 my love. Even tried Deckadance instead of Traktor2/3. Still the same shit. Drop outs, latencey, noise. Bought SSL Sunday @ 8:30pm. Played a gig @ 9:30 pm. Out of the box it was a champ.(playing off my external HD to boot) Just installed 1.8. Fresh.

abZ
Traktor Scratch is where it is at these days.  I'm too broke for all of thaqt shit tho.  I get no drop outs with Torq for half the price.  500+ is an awful lot to pay for a soundcard and some simple software imo.  Can you insert VST into your channels?

Gunther
Original post from abZ
Traktor Scratch is where it is at these days.  I'm too broke for all of thaqt shit tho.  I get no drop outs with Torq for half the price.  500+ is an awful lot to pay for a soundcard and some simple software imo.  Can you insert VST into your channels?
yeah I hear alot of people are into traktor, and it looks pretty dope. I like the fact that its XLR ready. Not too sure if Serato supports VST's as of yet. You can video mix with serato if you are using the TTM57. Plus now its supports MP4's,Needle Dropping in Relative Mode, Needle drop to cue points and you can you can use it as an offline player with out the interface. Serato was the better buy when I got it about 2 years ago. Next month there will be something better.

Randomseed
Serato > FS2
Tracktor Scratch > all others

You cannot CURRENTLY drop in VST's on the channels but that is something that is in the works from what I understand.
Currently im actually running the Aux sends on my xone:92 into a second laptop which is running ableton with vst effects dropped on the input chans to get the same results.

For giging though Im stuck with just running the send/return reverb on tracktor and Midi controlling the channel beat mashers for buildups and tear downs.

abZ
Original post from Randomseed
Serato > FS2
Tracktor Scratch > all others

You cannot CURRENTLY drop in VST's on the channels but that is something that is in the works from what I understand.
Currently im actually running the Aux sends on my xone:92 into a second laptop which is running ableton with vst effects dropped on the input chans to get the same results.

For giging though Im stuck with just running the send/return reverb on tracktor and Midi controlling the channel beat mashers for buildups and tear downs.
Fuck running two computers.  Actually I use two computers at home but one is for recording/broadcasting while I dj.  I'm not a big fan of effects for djing but the nice thing about it is you can stick a compressor or limiter in the channels seeing as how I play a lot of unmastered music.  This is something that I am sure will be coming to your Serrato or Traktor but I also think that in that time, some of the limitations of Torq will be updated as well.  As a matter of fact I think the next update is due shortly.  I am still waiting for a 45rpm control vinyl tho.  Again another issue that can be adressed fairly easily.  

These days I don't think you can go wrong with any of the systems available, I just don't see how they can justify 550/600 bones for those things.  Torq was 270 and it does exactly the same thing.

Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout