Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /

1 2
2rip
Premium Member
Original post from trichrome
yea but who would really take the time to look up all those questions?
any die-hard police officer would utilize the intarwebs to get more information on where they can party with Candadians and their kin.

www.myspace.com/dj2rip | www.districtignition.com | www.clubglow.com
BRINKMAN
Ha ha ha...skidz were the shit.  Especially if you wore "husky" jeans when you were a kid.  ha ha   and personally, I don't skate but have been a big fan of it and I would say that tony hawk, burnquist and danny way have kinda put a hurt on vert, not actually killing it.  When you got a few big namers who pull of insane shit, then it's boring to see normal everyday 540 tricks and that's where a bunch of heads lose interest.  I've always liked watching more technical street shit anyway.  I'll probably get bashed since I don't even skate, but whatever....insight is insight.

CREEP
Original post from 2rip
Original post from CreepzillathaDilla
Emo kids with tight pants most certinly did not kill vert!

It was it was the work of lads in saggy, baggy britches and backwards baseball caps!

I wouldn't say that Emo brats have killed street skating...But they have definetly put a cramp in it's style...

Does anyone remember "SKIDZ"?...haha..Dear lord, I have lived through every rebirth of paggy pants..
so you're talkin about the entire Shorty's team??
No...The Shorty's team was just plain tacky...haha..The only good thing Shorty's ever had going for them was the "I Love Rosa" campain....mmmmmmmm Rosa...
Anyways, I was thinking more Plan B, 101, The Firm ect...Riders like Mike Carol, Jovantae Turner, Sean Sheffy, Jason Lee, Ed Templeton, Mark Gonzales......
Aaahhh..Those where the good ol' days...I skated through the 80's, but I was really little..When street skating blow up in 1990, I was only 11, so I jumped right on the banwagon...Not to mention the fact that I grew up in west PA. Not much of a vert or pool seen out there..I was glad to see the transformation..That shit was crazy to see, too..Happened over night..
I remember my first skinny "new school" deck...It was a Channel 1 "Flag", slick bottom..:>)...

www.GUANO32.com 4 a good time
CloverRover
Wow.  This is a change of pace.  Fervently defending that I am who I am instead of wishing that I've got someone elses life say... Michel Gondry, or maybe Eric Koston.

Anyway I too did think about the fact that I could just simply look up the responses on the net or even... god forbid.. what if I was a cop that was a skateboarder.  Oh my god total plutonic reversal!

Well considering anything that I write could be rationalized to represent my position in the "Mounted American Marshalls Office for the Prosecution of a Good Time Had by All" there isn't much I could say that can't be met with reproach.  So here's a not so brief history of time.  Make of it what you will.

Timeline:
Born in Pgh... wasted a good bit of time.

Started skating @17 and since then that's pretty much all that I remember.  I've skated the rink, Shady, North Hills Y, DJ's, Cheapskates, Out of the Boardwalk, all of Pgh.

Moved to Philly...

Skated Love, Municipal, City Hall, Rat Curbs, Afro Bank, Cheapskates(The real one in north Philly), Brick Town, all of Center City.

Traveled to skate in or @ Dayton(contests way back in the day), Kids Mountain in Altoona, OC, Reading, Downintown, Cona, Brooklin Banks, NYC, Embarkadaro, Fort Milley, Wallenberg.

Moved back to the burgh after my mothers passing... got job and never left (although think about it often).

Skated more Pgh, Skatepark of Pgh, Pancake, 885, B Cubed, Chenga.

Today... Still skating every so often but definitely more so when I finish the ramp that I'm building in my garage.

Random info and facts:

Punks Like You.  Hood, Nardick, Pete, Greg, Doug, Glenn, Jeb, et al were all sick as f#*@(To many other to mention by name).  Kirk was the best ever in Pgh.  KT is from Beltzhoover.  Matt was the most motivated and deserves more than what he got.  Rick was/is the most graceful(Best of luck w/Traffic.).

Sorry for the dialogue vomit but thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Oh and Skids were worn by jocks that yelled Skate or Die out of their car windows @ us and jumped us @ Mt. Lebo HS or downtown so they sucked as much as the dudes that wore them.

CREEP
Original post from CloverRover
Wow.  This is a change of pace.  Fervently defending that I am who I am instead of wishing that I've got someone elses life say... Michel Gondry, or maybe Eric Koston.

Anyway I too did think about the fact that I could just simply look up the responses on the net or even... god forbid.. what if I was a cop that was a skateboarder.  Oh my god total plutonic reversal!

Well considering anything that I write could be rationalized to represent my position in the "Mounted American Marshalls Office for the Prosecution of a Good Time Had by All" there isn't much I could say that can't be met with reproach.  So here's a not so brief history of time.  Make of it what you will.

Timeline:

Started skating @17 and since then that's pretty much all that I remember.  I've skated the rink, Shady, North Hills Y, DJ's, Cheapskates, Out of the Boardwalk, all of Pgh.

Moved to Philly...

Skated Love, Municipal, City Hall, Rat Curbs, Afro Bank, Cheapskates(The real one in north Philly), Brick Town, all of Center City.

Traveled to skate in or @ Dayton(contests way back in the day), Kids Mountain in Altoona, OC, Reading, Downintown, Cona, Brooklin Banks, NYC, Embarkadaro, Fort Milley, Wallenberg.

Moved back to the burgh after my mothers passing... got job and never left (although think about it often).

Today... Still skating every so often but definitely more so when I finish the ramp that I'm building in my garage.

Random info and facts:

Punks Like You.  Hood, Nardick, Pete, Greg, Doug, Glenn, Jeb, et al were all sick as f#*@(To many other to mention by name).  Kirk was the best ever in Pgh.  KT is from Beltzhoover.  Matt was the most motivated and deserves more than what he got.  Rick was/is the most graceful(Best of luck w/Traffic.).

Oh and Skids were worn by jocks that yelled Skate or Die out of their car windows @ us and jumped us @ Mt. Lebo HS or downtown so they sucked as much as the dudes that wore them.
Nobody really cares if you are swine or not...I just wanted to kick some old skating shit...The Y was the shit..I use to skate there when I was 12..All those ramps were busted, but the box was insane..

Anyways...Skidz...Not really jock gear...That shit was club wear...Dance pants...Sold at such fine stores as Marry-Go-Round, RossPark Mall...Right next to the orange creamcicle lounge suits...Something one might have woren to "Nitro", with some Rob Van Winkle zig zags in thier sideburns..They actualy alowed the dance to bust such gracefull steps as the Rodger Rabbit......32. Dance till ya can't dance till ya can't dance till ya can't dance no more!

esbeekay
Original post from CloverRover

Timeline:

Moved to Philly...

Random info and facts:

The man likes Michel Gondry, thus he is ok in my book.

CloverRover
Yeah had some great times @ Y.  Do any of you folks still skate @ all?  And if so where?

CREEP
I still skate just about every night..

Here's a spot check for PGH.....

McKnight rd...
Heading north...Make a left at the Bed Bath and Beyond (between the B. B. and B and the car dealer)..Head up the drive to the Waldorf appartments...You will pass a group of appartments on the left and the leasing office..Just passed the office on the right you will see a fence. On the other side of the fence is what I beleave to be THEE one and only kidney shape pool on the east coast..It's blue, it's round bottomed and it's 100% skatable..
The only problem is that you can only get in a session twice a year..You gotta really case this joint..They drain it at the end of Sept..Usualy takes a few weeks before leaves plug up the drain and rain water flowds the deep end..The next time you can get in is usualy late May early June..They will drain out the deep end for spring cleaning..Then it takes about a week before they refill for the summer swimmers...
Now would be a good time to take the trip up there (I guess that's deppending on how much rain PGH has gotten over this fall)..Even if there is a lil H2O in the deep end, the shallow half is still skatable....Watch out for the drain box in the middle and do be on the look out for Ross Police......

CloverRover
Thanks!  I'll have to check that out.  I haven't skated a real pool in forever.  Although my company wouldn't be real thrilled if I got arrested.  I almost got arrested @ Boyce Park a couple of months ago for skating without my helmet on.  They were going to charge me with disorderly conduct.  I think he was just pissed because I was almost as old as him and I didn't have an ID on me.  I never heard the end of it @ the office.

Thanks again.

firefan999
Original post from 2rip
fuck... you guys at THE WIN @ Gleaming the Cube.  for some reason i was always thinking it was Mike McGill...
he did the vert and street double.. mullen just did the freestyle.

CloverRover
^You are correct.  As was 2rip in hind site.  Damn I forgot about that but now that I think of it I remember thinking the wig looked really crazy on McGill.

CREEP
"Bortha to brotha! Where are you goin'?!?"

I don't know...Not nearly as crazy as that soundtrack..haha..

CloverRover
I can't believe it but "Gleaming the Cube" was actually on Encore last night.  I just couldn't bring myself to watch even a second of it though.

1 2

Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout