Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /

1 2
CloverRover
Hey how goes everything for everyone?  I'm new to the area and was considering attending the Epic party on 10/13 and had a couple of questions if anyone would be so kind.  First off my wallet got stolen so I don't have an ID right now so I was wondering whether or not that would be a problem with the new venue?  Second I'm a little on the older side, 34, okay a lot on the older side, and was wondering whether or not the crowds around here were varied and welcoming?  I've been to a few in other places that my appearance heralded a rather closed reaction like I must be "the man" and the evening ended up just being me and the music, which isn't bad for the first couple of hours but got old after a while.  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks.

LOLLI
34 isn't that old.   I mean, unless you go to Epic with a beard down to your knees or your dressed in a cop uniform, you'll blend in just fine.

And, if you take a box of glowsticks with you and give them out, you'll have about 400 new friends in 30 seconds

tst
shadowstarr
damn it, why aren't any more girls signing up?

whats this?
Chico
Original post from Tron
oh shit this is like a deer in head lights thread.....
wait for it......

Chico
EVEN BETTER....

OR

CloverRover
I'd prefer the picture in my profile to be me.  (I tried to include it here but couldn't make it happen.)

Lolli thanks for the tips.  I'll shave and leave my blues @ home.

Hope to see you there.  I'll probably be the one with the box of glow sticks.

tika
you just made yourself very suspicious by changing your profile name again

Queen of the Lolli.org Paparazzi // mixes, pics, fun stuff -> kooterkore.com
CloverRover
When I was trying to figure out how to paste the pic in my reply I followed the directions to go to the Edit Profile page and when I did I noticed that my info (Full name) was there in all it's glory, which I wasn't expecting, so I changed it to a more discreet address that I have.  I guess that it's evident that I should be posting in the newbie thread.  I'd change it back to  assuage any suspicion but I really don't want my full name that accessible on the web.  If you send a private message I would gladly relay the private contact info.

stuff
Private info ey? I'll take your credit card number, expiration date, full name, and cvv2#. Thanks.

CubanB
I hear the cops are cracking down on people who play happy hardcore... Tika... :P

CloverRover
Drop me a line and i'll hook you up with my CC# and you can go on a shopping spree.  As long as your idea of a spree is the monetary equivalent of say a smoothy, you'll be thrilled.  Other than that my CC won't get you very far.  Although there is something to be said for a good smoothie.

stuff
Alright, he's cool. with me..

DUBV
Premium Member
He must be the clown in that picture up there....

CloverRover
No I'm not the clown.  I wouldn't be caught dead in those sunglasses.  I'm the other one.  And I didn't appreciate him trying a one handed body cavity search on me.  I'm just an entertainer for pete's sake.  If he wanted the balloon hat instead of the doggie he could have just asked.

Jud
^^^ he seems alright. SHould we tag him?

chaos.. if theres not enough of it... we'll make more!
CREEP
I still think we might be a cop...Or a pervert even....I see he's got some Indy shit in his profile...Tell me some thrashin' shit old man...

Who is "The Comander of Fun"?

Who stunt doubles Christian Slater in Gleaming the Cube?

What is "Talking ED"

Thrasher or Transworld?

What year is Gator up for paroll?

Who killed vert?

What is "The Burnside Porject"

What public park is the world famous gap named "The Gonz" located?

What was Ray Barbie's character/graffic?

How many teeth has Mike Vallely punched out?

Who would win in a fight Mike Vallely or Mike Tyson?

What was the theme of Natas's last pro model graffic?

"Wheele's of Fire" featured what skaters, skating in what order and for what company?

www.GUANO32.com 4 a good time
CloverRover
Geez.  I thought I was jaded and cynical.

Okay here goes:

Comander Fun:  I dunno... Animal Chin Maybe

Slaters double:  Rodney Mullen  (And Natas was the guy that ollies into the back of the pickup in either Cube or Thrashin(can't remember which because as you so elegantly put it I'm an old man.

Talking Ed?  Got me

Thrasher or Transworld?  Transworld... Better photography and paper quality.

I have no idea when Gator is up but I thought Neil Blenders tribute to him in "Memory Screen" was hilarious albeit a bit cruel.

Who killed vert?  I did because I tend to float of the tranny so I haven't touched it since about 1990.  Other than that I would say the lull in popularity in the late eighties killed it because we were pushed way underground and there were very few parks and even if there were after H-Street kinda set the bar for street parks seemed less creative, innovative and artistic.

Burnside is the first grassroots public usage park.  It's concrete, in Oregon, sick, and started the ball rollin for people to take ownership of skating in there communities.

The Gonz ollie is in or around Embarkadero in S.F. unless you are refering to the big steps @ Wallenburg.

Ray Barbies graphic?  Once again age and sizzled brain cells have eliminated this one.

How many teth has Vallely punched out?  As many as he wants to.

Vallely or Tyson?  I'd have to give it to Tyson but if the question was who could whoop 3 people @ the same time easier I'd give the nod to Vallely.  Also Tyson could never do a Ho-Ho.

Natas's last graphic?  I don't know but I would be curious to find out.  Although I do believe that he's had a couple of guest models over the last couple of years.

Wheels of Fire?  Okay you're bustin balls here but I'll oblige you.  The company was Speed Wheels and I don't remember all of the skaters because I just watched Vallely's part over and over.  That part has a special place in my heart because it introduced me to Dinosaur.  Hopefully I'm not confusing Wheels of Fire with Speed Freaks.

Okay this was actually kind of fun although I'm much more of an east coaster.  So hit me up with round 2.

R.I.P. Love Park and City Hall.

Konztant
Damn....I couldn't answer all that shit....

CloverRover
Oooh.  I think I just realized who talking Ed is.  The editor for Thrasher that makes comments to the mail drops.

Whew... that one has been in the back of mind, like a rock in my shoe, all day while @ work.

I never thought that useless Skateboarding info would still be affecting my productivity @ work @ my age.  There's something to be said for never growing up completely.

OMEN
krispy kream or duncan?

Check me out at FUNK'D UP and RYOB4!
2rip
Premium Member
fuck... you guys at THE WIN @ Gleaming the Cube.  for some reason i was always thinking it was Mike McGill...

www.myspace.com/dj2rip | www.districtignition.com | www.clubglow.com
2rip
Premium Member
Original post from CloverRover
Oooh.  I think I just realized who talking Ed is.  The editor for Thrasher that makes comments to the mail drops.

Whew... that one has been in the back of mind, like a rock in my shoe, all day while @ work.

I never thought that useless Skateboarding info would still be affecting my productivity @ work @ my age.  There's something to be said for never growing up completely.
i just realized that all these questions are worthless because it's all readily available on the intarwebs too...

trichrome
yea but who would really take the time to look up all those questions?

CREEP
Emo kids with tight pants most certinly did not kill vert!

It was it was the work of lads in saggy, baggy britches and backwards baseball caps!

I wouldn't say that Emo brats have killed street skating...But they have definetly put a cramp in it's style...

Does anyone remember "SKIDZ"?...haha..Dear lord, I have lived through every rebirth of paggy pants..

www.GUANO32.com 4 a good time
2rip
Premium Member
Original post from CreepzillathaDilla
Emo kids with tight pants most certinly did not kill vert!

It was it was the work of lads in saggy, baggy britches and backwards baseball caps!

I wouldn't say that Emo brats have killed street skating...But they have definetly put a cramp in it's style...

Does anyone remember "SKIDZ"?...haha..Dear lord, I have lived through every rebirth of paggy pants..
so you're talkin about the entire Shorty's team??

1 2

Main MessageBoard / Lolli.org Updates /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout