Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /

1 2
adonis
does abelton match the beats for u? wud u rather b some guy behind a computer or throwing down loops with 4 other friends?

(bigB sound,NPP sound, FULL HOUSE)
JohnWayne
Premium Member
Original post from adonis
its nice to play on 3 decks when u have loop tracks. minimal loops leave the creativity factor wide open. i want to get in on a 10 table loop extravaganza with  5 people on 5 mixers. get lots of loop tracks, some acapellas and go to town. this would almost be like producing thru turntables, eh?
I'd drag my two decks and mixer down for that.
That would be some super experimental shit.

Gunther
does abelton match the beats for u? wud u rather b some guy behind a computer or throwing down loops with 4 other friends?
yup

J
I'd rather be at Kaibes eating $.40 wings!  TRADER!

adonis
yea abelton does seem like it wud be fun to mess around with, as well as give you many options and freedom to do many things.

im assuming one could put loops (not infinate loops, but maybe 20minute tracks)from abelton onto serato and therefore still have the vinyl feel and have to beatmatch them....  

does anyone have any locked groove loops? i have some and wud be down with the ten table madness. each of the 5 or more djs wud have to be very good at beatmatching for long periods of time and have at least a 3 channel mixer to chain them all together. any takers? john wayne? i know u have a 4 channel......

MEZZANINE
If you are into using digital equipment, just edit any track with a groove you like and loop it yourself! Make your own loops, thats the way you do it - money for nothin' and the chicks for free.

firefan999
yea abelton does seem like it wud be fun to mess around with, as well as give you many options and freedom to do many things.

im assuming one could put loops (not infinate loops, but maybe 20minute tracks)from abelton onto serato and therefore still have the vinyl feel and have to beatmatch them....  

does anyone have any locked groove loops? i have some and wud be down with the ten table madness. each of the 5 or more djs wud have to be very good at beatmatching for long periods of time and have at least a 3 channel mixer to chain them all together. any takers? john wayne? i know u have a 4 channel......

i did this with a bunch of hip-hop djs and digital dave at diesel over the summer.. it was... interesting.

i'd be down with doing this for sure. i have my allen & heath and i believe i meet your mixing requirement. lol

adonis
i'd like to make some loops, but dont have a cdj to play them. if this goes off sometime, i could possibly scrounge one up....

matt, i do believe you can hold a mix quite well....i may be able to get a space in garfield for a day, we'd have a lot of room. i got some sound, all we need is more djs.

EricBliss
Dude Im totally down, and I STILL have those Hawtin loop records of yours!

All I could think when I played around with them was "Damn, need like 39 other decks!"

Sorry dude I've had a lot of shit going on and no car.

I'm putting them in my crate now and I'll be back in Natrona tomorrow night if you want to come pick them up.  

Check out some mixes!  Trance and breaks.  http://lolli.org/Artists/Eric-Bliss.aspx  and also www.deejay-mixes.com/Eric_Bliss
firefan999
i'd like to make some loops, but dont have a cdj to play them. if this goes off sometime, i could possibly scrounge one up....

matt, i do believe you can hold a mix quite well....i may be able to get a space in garfield for a day, we'd have a lot of room. i got some sound, all we need is more djs.
i got the bug to do this for sure after the 2x4 set with the rest of humanaut.

firefan999

i got the bug to do this for sure after the 2x4 set with the rest of humanaut.

J
Matt, you should practice with three.  It's allot of fun!

EricBliss
If anybody with 3 decks and minimal tracks wants to hang out and throw down lemmie know.  

Check out some mixes!  Trance and breaks.  http://lolli.org/Artists/Eric-Bliss.aspx  and also www.deejay-mixes.com/Eric_Bliss
DHPfelony
i think 3 turntables are awesome if able to master it.

why 3 -- so you dont hafta keep switchin records on and off if your cutting a record constantly into your set.

Everybody is a DJ ---> Which in turn makes every girl a whore !!!
adonis
we gotta get the GG DUB cleaned up a bit, we are gonna start showing movies there, there is a party in a few weeks, what do yens think about some loop madness on that day, before the party? i think its the 16th...

i could set up the sound early and we'd have a few hours to fuk around.

adonis
the party is the 22nd. whos up for going early and bringing a dj setup?

megalooporama 1.1

Randomseed
For the most part only a very small (and generally boring IMO) subset of tracks are really usable in 3 table situations. Once you start layering that much sound across the freq spectrum your pretty much assured that your going to muddy up your sound scape. Even with Techno its really only the older, loopy, no progression style of tracks that would lend them self to it. Drum and Bass you can practically forget about it, although Ive heard a few people really tear shit up with it, its really to sonically complex for most people to even hope to pull off and the amount of eqing you have to do is just not worth it in most situations to me.

It can be fun for loop sets but even that really needs to be set up pretty intensly and your still not going to get nice set progressions without putting way to much work into it.

Loopers and effects at least give you some live remixing control so you can play as normal but get that added level of control where and whenever you want. Theres nothing like taking a big known mix and then surprising the crowd with some out of the blue tension filled tear up with a good stutter/beat masher and watching heads a-spolde!

Randomseed

Ive done this kinda of thing many a times in the past, but not really in the last 6 years or so.

1 2

Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout