Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /

1 2
shadowstarr
3 turntables or 2 turntables and a phrase looper/sampler.

thoughts, opinions, comments?

if you were at the marco corolla show, he was use a phrase looper.

whats this?
dtt
2 and a looper. Alot of people that you see using three tables shouldn't be, with the exception of carola...that man is a true artist

Gunther
I always liked the 3 tables, but only for techno. anything else it sounds like a complete cluster fuck.

.... well and Andy C. Dude can rock the three turntable madness.

DJTBOT3000
^^ well, he does pay techno.  why not 3 and the looper?

DUBV
Premium Member
Carl Cox used to bang out 3 tables but I haven't kept up with him lately so I'm not sure what he spins out on now....

Transender
Techno is the only genre that I have seen played well on 3 decks by one person.  I do think that multiple people on 3 or 4 decks can be done with just about everything but trance though.  

NatasK
"why push it with 3? most dj's i've seen have enough trouble on 2... "............Tron you crack my ass up!!!!!!!  

Chico
I wanna see someone mix with just one table........for an hour set with no interuption.  

firefan999
Original post from Chico
I wanna see someone mix with just one table........for an hour set with no interuption.  
i can do it... i'll just put it the latest oakenfold cd.

Gunther
Original post from DJTBOT3000
Andy plays D&B

shadowstarr
Original post from Peterlee
Andy plays D&B
i think he was talking about me

whats this?
Chico
Original post from shadowstarr
Original post from Peterlee
Andy plays D&B
i think he was talking about me
I thought you played happy hard big band???

shadowstarr
nah, liquid polka funk core

whats this?
rukkus
i need to get a cdj-1000

shadowstarr
Original post from rukkus
i need to get a cdj-1000
check ebay....i got a brand new cdj800 for 550

whats this?
stuff
The 800's are nice but i've been spoiled by the hot cues on the 1000's.

rukkus
a friend of mine can get equipment at cost, he offered me 2 800s at 600 a peice but i'm holding out til he gets a deal on 1000s.

dtt
the 1000s are wayyyy overpriced for what you get with the 800s. I have the MK2s, and with exception of the hot cues and the color, they preform exactly the same. Don't waste your money, get the 800mk2

rukkus
i like the adjust in and out of the loops.

abZ
I just sold my 800 for 250 (=

Getting traktor scratch to go with my new lappy.

Agreed on the idea that 3 decks is for techno only.  I know Andy C can keep 3 records matched but it is completely unlistenable.

junglejake
I have been working on 3 deck mixing lately. What I like to do is get the two tracks beat matched, then bring in a 3rd tune thats got the hi-hat intro with some pads and then cut the other two tracks out when the 3rd track reaches the breakdown. I might pull some of this out tonight at the BBT.

:)

Gunther
Original post from junglejake
I have been working on 3 deck mixing lately. What I like to do is get the two tracks beat matched, then bring in a 3rd tune thats got the hi-hat intro with some pads and then cut the other two tracks out when the 3rd track reaches the breakdown. I might pull some of this out tonight at the BBT.

:)
I liked three decks with drum and bass by using the third for hip hop accepella's.

adonis
its nice to play on 3 decks when u have loop tracks. minimal loops leave the creativity factor wide open. i want to get in on a 10 table loop extravaganza with  5 people on 5 mixers. get lots of loop tracks, some acapellas and go to town. this would almost be like producing thru turntables, eh?

(bigB sound,NPP sound, FULL HOUSE)
DUBV
Premium Member
Original post from adonis
its nice to play on 3 decks when u have loop tracks. minimal loops leave the creativity factor wide open. i want to get in on a 10 table loop extravaganza with  5 people on 5 mixers. get lots of loop tracks, some acapellas and go to town. this would almost be like producing thru turntables, eh?
Might as well get Adobe....It pretty much does all of that.....

DUBV
Premium Member
Original post from DUBV
Original post from adonis
Might as well get Adobe....It pretty much does all of that.....
Ok, I'm a little drunken....I meant to say you might as well get Abelton. It will save you time and space.

1 2

Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout