Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /

1 2 3
abZ
Original post from shadowstarr
i totally feel ya on that tika.  

i know this gonna sound really bad coming from a techno dj but dnb just sounds all the same to me, its like the same loop over and over again.
Your right heh it does sound bad.  Fonz has a point, you are prolly hearing the wrong dj's if you think that.  Techno hit the rut that dnb is in now, in the late 90's imo.  Lets not get into my style is better than your style bullshit though.  A good tune is a good tune, bad tune is a bad tune and thats pretty much the end of the story.

shadowstarr
i mean some of the dnb i was hearing wasn't all that great, but it was still cool.  i was feelin kinda bleh about the style for awhile cause i'm not super into it, but i still like to hear it on occassion.  earlier this month i seen 40oz crew spin a crazy set like i haven't heard in a long ass time, and it totally got me feelin the genre again.  i just realized i have no point in this post.  i guess i just liked what 40oz crew was spinning and not the other stuff :/

ehheheheh  i don't know what i'm doing

whats this?
rukkus
I love how every other thread on lolli becomes a discussion on dnb vs everything else.

. . . Just sayin.

tika
heres the timeline of threads on lolli:

-lets talk about life.
-work sucked today, but i ate a hamburger
-oh from that one place, maybe ill get one
-yeah i should try one
-i ate a hamburger before a party once, then i heard some drum n bass.
-OMFG DID SOMEONE SAY DNB!? HOLY SHIT ITS THE BEST THING EVER AND EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS AND SO DO YOU BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE IT AND YOU DONT SPIN IT AND YOU DONT LIVE A JUNGLIST LIFESTYLE BIG UPS TO DA BOH BOH BOH BOH *white towel swings around*
-well i like other music...
-WELL YOURE A FAG BECAUSE YOU DONT LIVE JUNGLESTYLEZ AND IM FAR SUPERIOR TO YOU
-how about that hamburger...
-FUCK THAT HAMBURGER ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH UNLESS ITS IN THE JUNGLE PIT, DNB MUCH MORE AWESOME THAN HAMBURGERS AND HAPPY HARDCORE AND NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.
-jeez man i just wanted to talk about your day....

Queen of the Lolli.org Paparazzi // mixes, pics, fun stuff -> kooterkore.com
abZ
...and then someone that listens to happy hardcore or uk techno gets all pissed off and won't shut up about it LOL

This is why I still come on here, good stuff.

shadowstarr

its techno from belgium :P

i used to like dnb, now i sometimes listen to jungle, but lately its dubstep.  liquid is way to mainstream in the underground.  right now i'm listening to this new sub genre that doesn't even have a name yet, i can't talk about it cause its way ahead of its time.

whats this?
abZ
Yay!!!

tika
Original post from abZ
...and then someone that listens to happy hardcore or uk techno gets all pissed off and won't shut up about it LOL

im just sick and fucking tired of the 'holier than thou' attitude that comes from 99% of the 'junglists' on here.

abZ
Original post from Tika
Original post from abZ

im just sick and fucking tired of the 'holier than thou' attitude that comes from 99% of the 'junglists' on here.
I don't see it but ok!  

rukkus
Original post from abZ
Whats up with all the music convos on here lately?

Eric, I'd suggest working on some dnb, the last thing the world needs is more happy hardcore records.  

abZ
Yeah I don't like HHC, so what?  That makes me "hollier than thou"?

dtt
Original post from Tika
Original post from abZ

I don't think anyone is trying to come down on you about your taste in music. Every single person on this board thinks their favorite genre is the best. So that seems to put others that don't like that music on the defensive. I don't see it as saying they are "superior", just their musical preference ;)

rukkus
Original post from abZ
Not enjoying a certain kind of music isn't what makes you come off with that type of attitude. It's going though every thread on a message board to find a thread about something that you don't enjoy just to drop comments about how "The world needs less of it cause i dont' like it."

I'm not in the mood to argue tho so . . . pz

abZ
Original post from rukkus
Original post from abZ
Not enjoying a certain kind of music isn't what makes you come off with that type of attitude. It's going though every thread on a message board to find a thread about something that you don't enjoy just to drop comments about how "The world needs less of it cause i dont' like it."

I'm not in the mood to argue tho so . . . pz
Oh is that what I was doing?  Looking for a thread talking about HHC so I could hate on it?  You have a wild imagination.  

shadowstarr
Original post from Tika
Original post from abZ

i completely understand what u mean, and its the main reason why i won't goto dnb shows.  i like the music just not the attitude that some people have.

whats this?
fonz
Maybe the holier than thou attitude is because in the 90s every other genre had the same attitude towards us and we got shit on.

I don't like to go out to anything much nowadays because basically Im ashamed of what I see.  I have fun at dnb shows... mainly its because I don't have to deal with yuppy ass shiny shirt wearing punk motherfuckers that are really the holier than thou folks.  
So you know if we have a little bit of an exlusive attitude thats okay, after being looked at as the brats or stepchildren of electronic music Im fine with snubbing off the kind of people who didn't give a fuck what dnb was until they could find it in best buy or it sold out their swanky uptown club.

tika
its just the fact that every time that there is a thread about hardcore or hhc someone has to come on and make a shitty comment along the lines of were all pillheads and candy wearing assholes who have no taste in music and the music that we listen to is absolute garbage that needs to stop being produced because its a waste of vinyl blah blah blah you know what you all say. put yourself in our shoes, wouldnt you get a little fed up with it? wouldnt it get you a bit fucking irritated after a while?

you ask anyone on here that knows me personally, that hangs out with me, comes out to the bar with me, i am the absolute opposite of everything that you would group in with your definition of a hardcore head.   but i LOVE the music, i love playing it, and i always have, and i love making the kids that like it happy by playing it.  whether they are drugheads or whatever you want to call them. i dont wear candy, i dont do drugs, i dont believe in plur, i think cuddle puddles are disgusting, i know that you will not make a life long best friend or meet the love of your life when youre on ecstacy at a rave. so yeah, im gonna get a little offended and irritated after a while when i think that i finally have a little leverage and respect from you people, as a person and as a performer, but alas, its still feel that its not there. its upsetting, honestly.

put yourself in our shoes, as people. not as a fucking stereotype.

tika
ts just the fact that every time that there is a thread about hardcore or hhc someone has to come on and make a shitty comment along the lines of were all pillheads and candy wearing assholes who have no taste in music and the music that we listen to is absolute garbage that needs to stop being produced because its a waste of vinyl blah blah blah you know what you all say. put yourself in our shoes, wouldnt you get a little fed up with it? wouldnt it get you a bit fucking irritated after a while?

you ask anyone on here that knows me personally, that hangs out with me, comes out to the bar with me, i am the absolute opposite of everything that you would group in with your definition of a hardcore head.   but i LOVE the music, i love playing it, and i always have, and i love making the kids that like it happy by playing it.  whether they are drugheads or whatever you want to call them. i dont wear candy, i dont do drugs, i dont believe in plur, i think cuddle puddles are disgusting, i know that you will not make a life long best friend or meet the love of your life when youre on ecstacy at a rave. so yeah, im gonna get a little offended and irritated after a while when i think that i finally have a little leverage and respect from you people, as a person and as a performer, but alas, its still feel that its not there. its upsetting, honestly.

tika
sorry double post

shadowstarr
why be pissed about something that happened 17 years ago!  isn't that kinda childish, say like wearing plastic jewelry?

whats this?
EricBliss
Original post from Tika
ts just the fact that every time that there is a thread about hardcore or hhc someone has to come on and make a shitty comment along the lines of were all pillheads and candy wearing assholes who have no taste in music and the music that we listen to is absolute garbage that needs to stop being produced because its a waste of vinyl blah blah blah you know what you all say. put yourself in our shoes, wouldnt you get a little fed up with it? wouldnt it get you a bit fucking irritated after a while?

You really crush it sometimes.  :-)

Check out some mixes!  Trance and breaks.  http://lolli.org/Artists/Eric-Bliss.aspx  and also www.deejay-mixes.com/Eric_Bliss
fonz
Original post from shadowstarr
why be pissed about something that happened 17 years ago!  isn't that kinda childish, say like wearing plastic jewelry?
Dont know if this was directed at my comment but- It still happens today.  Its the reason why 2 mos. ago Icey was on the main stage here and The whole dnb liberation front was on a side stage.  Fuck 6-8 headliners and MC illy and Armanni as opposed to Icey????
Its the reason again baby anne is on the main stage and Chris Renegade and Origin are in a side room this weekend.

Now this may just be my local scenester fuckhead politics but sorry, after seeing the same shit happen all my life fuck yeah Im going to be outspoken about it.  
Is it anyone heres fault or for that matter anyone in attendence's fault most of the time? Probably not.  
Do I dislike people because of what they listen to?
Not just for that one fact of taste in music- people and myself aren't that shallow.  Although Sometimes it can get to me but there are always other factors.  At least Ill admit that.

tika
how do you think i feel when people throw parties, with (for some unknown reason) hardcore in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rooms...and the dj thats on in said room steals the crowd from the rest of the rooms, thins out the dancefloor out there and we're packed in a tiny closet because someone didnt think it would be a good idea to put the hardcore on the main stage because the majority doesnt like it.  ok, well if the majority doesnt like it, then why does that happen?  ive lost count on how many times ive been playing a side room and a headliner is on in the main, and people come up to me in the packed to the gills broom closet and say 'THERES NO ONE IN THE MAIN ROOM RIGHT NOW, THEYRE ALL IN HERE' and im not the only one that it happens to.

we get the shaft more than you do, i guarantee it.

and in my opinion, i dont think anyone should be booking icey or baby anne anymore, theyre fucking played out. theres a lot more talent out there in the breaks scene and people just keep booking them because of the name (typical business i guess, promoters dont know how to take a risk and book some lesser known talent). fyi, if i was at that party, i wouldnt waste my time with the breaks, i would probably be in the dnb room because its the lesser of two evils in my mind.

are we coming to an understanding here yet?

abZ
Well you shouldn't take it so personal.  No one would bat an eye at what I said on most of the forums I go on but it's not the case on here and sometimes I forget that but it's not intended as disrespect you to you personally.  I don't even know you.  

We get the BS just as much as you do though trust me.  Every genre gets it to one degree or another.  If you love what you do, then who cares what me or matty or whoever thinks?  If you are tired of playing in the broom closet, do something about it, throw your own events.  Thats what dnb heads have done.  It worked out ok for us.  

I'm just rambling here but I hope you see what I am getting at.

shadowstarr
i think we understand each other now...it just seems that some people that follow a certain type of music act a little close minded, and cause some of these stereotypes that we have about each other.  

i know i tease the dnb djs sometimes but there is some incredible talent in the city.  i just wish techno had such a strong following.

whats this?
1 2 3

Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout