Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /

1 2 3 4
J
We should seriously put a bullet in this thread...

DUBV
Premium Member
Don't touch this thread....

stuff
haha

electrotune1200
a technique that I use sometimes for a quick fix is using the pitch reset button. It all depends where your pitch is already set. If you're pitched above zero...and you need a quick slowdown....tap the reset button...but if you press it too hard it will lock. This really takes alot of practice and getting used to. Once you got the pitch reset figured out....it works brilliantly.

shadowstarr
here is 2 thing that i usually do when the record is way off....

1.  immediatly take that record off, weather its playing through the mains or not, and smash it right there in front of the crowd.  nothing gets people pumped up more than smashing shit in front of them.

2.  pull out a gun and shoot the turntable.  of course afterwards you get on the mic and say, "thats it folks, shows over!".  guaranteed everyone will be talking about your set for years to come!

whats this?
EricBliss
Those are excellent pointers Rich!  

Every few sets I play out theres always that "big one that got away"   If I lose control of the situation so badly that I can't fix it right away, right away meaning like from the start of the SNAFU until like maybe 3 seconds later  I just cut it, fix it in the phones and recue.   Its a tad abrubt but it beats the shit out of hearing a trainwreck.

And Electrotune if that method works for you thats great you found a different technique but in my very personal opinion that doesn't have to be yours or anybody else's just fixing it by sliding the pitch fader always seems to be the best bet.  Seems like theres more room for error tapping the reset.

Check out some mixes!  Trance and breaks.  http://lolli.org/Artists/Eric-Bliss.aspx  and also www.deejay-mixes.com/Eric_Bliss
firefan999
Original post from shadowstarr
here is 2 thing that i usually do when the record is way off....

1.  immediatly take that record off, weather its playing through the mains or not, and smash it right there in front of the crowd.  nothing gets people pumped up more than smashing shit in front of them.

2.  pull out a gun and shoot the turntable.  of course afterwards you get on the mic and say, "thats it folks, shows over!".  guaranteed everyone will be talking about your set for years to come!
dj funk still got you beat. lol

ROBBIE
Jake = Turntable Nazi

:)

ROBBIE
wow haha i didnt even realize this thread had 3 pages.   the turntable nazi thing isnt as funny now.  if it ever was

kellydownlow
don't touch the mp3, suckas

boo

EricBliss
Original post from ROBBIE
wow haha i didnt even realize this thread had 3 pages.   the turntable nazi thing isnt as funny now.  if it ever was
Nobodys trying to be a Nazi.  You shouldn't touch the platter and that's that!

Check out some mixes!  Trance and breaks.  http://lolli.org/Artists/Eric-Bliss.aspx  and also www.deejay-mixes.com/Eric_Bliss
shadowstarr
Original post from EricBliss
i do it all the freakin time....you just have to know when you can touch the platter!

whats this?
EricBliss
Original post from EricBliss
i do it all the freakin time....you just have to know when you can touch the platter!
I suppose there's a time and a place. I only push it when there's wildly out of control piano parts and sustained chords.  

CREEP
Touch it................
...........touch it....
Go on head now........
....................touch it..

www.GUANO32.com 4 a good time
ROBBIE
ummm ok this thread is way to long.  i didnt read page 2 or 3 but it seems its down to the same argument. touch to no touchie

everyone should start using a computer program like tractor to mix haha.  then we wont even need turntables or cdjs.
fuck records, they wern't ever cool in the first place.

CREEP
I just use the +/- buttons...That shit works best...Then again, not evey turntable come equipted with that...so...

www.GUANO32.com 4 a good time
J
I still can't believe this is going on but I have to contribute...  I NEVER pitch adjust and I can guarantee most of my corrections go un-noticed.  Just like shadowstar said earlier...  You just have to know when to do it.

I'll put $10 bucks that I catch my beat match and lock my shit down quicker than anyone on  here that pitch adjusts.  Any takers?

MEZZANINE
Original post from J
I still can't believe this is going on but I have to contribute...  I NEVER pitch adjust and I can guarantee most of my corrections go un-noticed.  Just like shadowstar said earlier...  You just have to know when to do it.

I'll put $10 bucks that I catch my beat match and lock my shit down quicker than anyone on  here that pitch adjusts.  Any takers?
J, lets make this challenge interesting...

How about you try to lock that shit down while underwater in a pool of pirahnas?

J
Paul..... w/ or w/out beard?

MEZZANINE
Original post from J
Paul..... w/ or w/out beard?
I truly value the beard.

EricBliss
Original post from J

Hell I'll put 20 on it.   Even if mine still took a few extra seconds, it would sound better.

Eric

shadowstarr
Original post from J

i've seen colin pierce cue up a record, throw it in and match it in 3 seconds...all while the fader is up the whole way!

whats this?
junglejake
I will take you on J. :)

firefan999
Original post from J

i've seen colin pierce cue up a record, throw it in and match it in 3 seconds...all while the fader is up the whole way!
i've seen lee burridge do this too.. i've also seen digweed mix without his headphones... perfectly too i may ad.

CubanB
Original post from firefan999
Original post from J

i've seen lee burridge do this too.. i've also seen digweed mix without his headphones... perfectly too i may ad.
Not that hard really.   Knowing your records doesnt just mean knowing what the song sounds like.

1 2 3 4

Main MessageBoard / Music Production & Mixing Techniques /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are

New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout